Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: TV Apps

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Applications: TV Apps

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7 results found

1. The App has been buggy since release and far inferior to it's predecessor the unofficial app.

The issues STILL current:

Even when logged in, followed streams are NOT showing at all.

Online streams are not showing up in the list of channels.

Video quality still does NOT have manual selector (this is critical with Australian internet).

The app crashes frequently.

The interface is horrid.

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  Twitch responded

Unfortunately, the Twitch App on the Roku is no longer supported by Twitch and was removed.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We definitely understand the upsetting and frustrating nature of your issues.

2. The Twitch Roku Channel is what I use most to watch live streams and I would like the ability to be able to watch VODs on it also. Even if you just make it possible to use the Android app to cast the VODs to the Roku Channel.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, the Twitch App on the Roku is no longer supported by Twitch and was removed.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We definitely understand the upsetting and frustrating nature of your issues.

3. The UI it horrible, anyway it can get an update like the one Fire TV got?
    Right now there is no way to find channels you are following.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add support for a chat overlay to the Roku channel. Suggested overlay modes are: Solid (letterboxed stream) - Upper third or lower third (user choice) becomes a chat box with a black background; Semi-transparent overlay (fullscreen stream) - Upper third or lower third (user choice) becomes a chat box with a semi-transparent background; Transparent overlay (fullscreen stream) - Upper third or lower third (user choice) becomes a chat box with no background.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I almost deleted my Twitch App on Roku the other day accidentally and I would have been in trouble by doing so. I and my wife are disabled and cannot cart around a computer or laptop every time we want to watch Twitch so we D/L your app. Now it says it will no longer be supported. I realize business is business but remember people are people also and WE ARE your business!

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Most major channels will load to 99% and then remain frozen there. Only a handful of channels load properly and play. This issue happens on my friends Roku as well. I have had to resort to screen mirroring, which drops frames like crazy.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Currently, there appears to be no change when you log into the app. When you log in it should make your Twitch page look like it does when you are viewing it with a browser and actually show the channels you are subscribed to. Just finding what you want to see on the Roku app requires a search and there appears to be little benefit in actually logging in.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?