Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: TV Apps

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Applications: TV Apps

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

41 results found

1. Your recent update to the TV apps seems to have removed the 'continue watching' section and also the ability to browse past a few days of past broadcasts from streamers. I would recommend bringing these back as for a lot of us we cannot watch live and so catch up on VODs and also like the ability to go back to video's that we have not completed yet. With the apps the way they are now I do not find them usable.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Apple TV  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. On the latest version, you cannot gif rid of the bottom icons while viewing a stream in full screen mode (without chat), and the screen flickers as well.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The new version of the Apple TV app is not at all user friendly. It lags, is difficult to navigate, and is not customized to me as a viewer the way the old version was. There is no option on my home page anymore for “recently viewed” VODs that I may want to continue watching. Instead now my home page is filled with suggested streamers I couldn’t care less about and I need to navigate all the way over to my followed streamers to get back to a VOD I was previously watching. Also there is no option as a…

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Apple TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The new update - March 3 2023 - has so many downgrades! There are some issues that I was hoping to be addressed, but instead we got more problems.

1) Not being able not see more than the top 25 Live Followed Channels is a big problem. There are a lot of new and growing streamers I follow, support and moderate that are getting zero visibility with this new update.

2) Not being able to chat from the tv, and instead being sent to a QR code that connects to the mobile app stops the ability of people participating directly…

125 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Apple TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add back in the chat for VOD on apple TV! Horrible idea to remove it in the latest update, chat is the core reason why Twitch is appealing.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The latest updated (3-2-2023) to the AppleTV only shows the top 25 streams we follow even when viewing the Following section of the app. So we are unable to see all the streamers we follow that are live with lower viewer counts which doesn’t seem fair, to those streamers with lower viewer counts, as they will not show up as being live unless specifically searching for them.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Apple TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. New Apple TV app isn’t user friendly. Continue watching has been removed and unable to turn chat back on in streams

95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Apple TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It's pretty clear the current teams responsible for all of these app developments are failing miserably at their job. These apps have been broken for years. In the instance of AppleTV the new app updates did nothing to address the real issues people have been complaining about on this forum. I'm proposing a WILD idea of letting this incompetent department go, and outsourcing to an agency that's actually capable.

The reality is this isn't difficult work, in fact it's VERY straight forward stuff.
    UX design is SIMPLE.
    Coding is SIMPLE.
    Adhering to device architecture is SIMPLE.
    Letting go of incompetent…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Why remove any ability for users to chat directly via an AppleTV, and enforce QR codes on TV screen to be scanned just to “Join The Conversation” in chat on an entirely different device, and needing Twitch app to be installed to only open Chat-only Mode for same stream; when, chat window is already open and ready to be used on AppleTV via Twitch (tvOS) app.

An AppleTV remote can already use Siri/buttons to talk/type; plus, an iPhone can also sync with an AppleTV to be used as remote control without having to even have Twitch (iOS) app open at…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. (Mar 1, 2023) - Recent update to the AppleTV app, VODS no longer show chat replay. Please bring this feature back.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Apple TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I have a PC and AppleTV in the same room. 100% of the time, Raids will fail to move channels on the AppleTV. Please investigate so AppleTV will follow a Raid to the raided channel and not leave us abandoned on the original channel. I think this is why we are seeing so many incomplete raids and hosts are trying to send Raid 'shuttles' when they notice only 95% of their viewership correctly raided over to the new channel.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apple TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please add the ability to watch 1440p streams to Apple TV's app.

The other day a stream was going at 1440p@60, and was able to watch at this resolution on the iPhone app, iPad app and PC browsers. The highest resolution offered from the Apple TV app was 720p.

It's not a device capability issue, as the TV and Apple TV device can play at 4K@60 no issues. YouTube videos and live streams can play at 1440p@60 without issue.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. this watch party feature already exists on web and on iphone, but the apple tv app doesn’t support it

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I used to use an app where you could have up to like 6 streams at once all live and you could really easily switch between them without any lag or loading. Put it this way twitch! 4 streams At once! 4 times As many ads!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. On PC and mobile devices the speed option are already enable. I would suggest to add that same feature to the Twitch AppleTV app.

I'd be glad to see this option please. Thank you very much in advance. Regards

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Currently the Apple TV app can only scrub back and forth by rewinding or fast forwarding, an extremely unwieldy way of just skipping past or through content. The UI for this is also clunky.

Most video apps on ATV allow you to jump back and forward by 10 seconds by clicking the left or right sides of the remote button, or by placing step back and step forth buttons on the virtual remote.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. A feature that's available on the Desktop and the iOS apps that isn't on Apple TV. It would be nice to be able to browse streams without having to quit the current stream. There would also need to be a mechanism to dismiss a PIP stream the way there is on the Desktop and iOS apps.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Apple TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I’ve got a Bluetooth keyboard paired to my AppleTV, but I can’t use it in the Twitch app. It’d be nice!

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Using the unofficial Twitch apps that existed previously on tvOS, it was extremely easy to navigate stream recordings that are often 5-6 hours long. Since the official Twitch app debuted, all the third-party apps have ceased development, so we're stuck with the bad video controls of the official app. This could be solved by using the standard tvOS video control APIs that almost every other app uses. Examples:

1. While watching a long Overwatch stream, when the streamer was queuing for a match, I could easily tap the right edge of the trackpad to jump forward in small increments, until I…

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?