Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: TV Apps

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Applications: TV Apps

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

41 results found

1. It's unwatchable. Audio skips constantly. Occasionally, it cleans itself up, but not always. I have had to use airplay from my laptop to mod. This is insane! zYou literally broke the app! What the ****?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Apple TV  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Stop sucking. Seriously, how can you possibly make this garbage app worse on every single iteration?!?! The fact that you couldn't save your search tags and had to enter "english" dozens of times a night has now been replaced with not being able to filter at all. And not only that, you can't even SEE the language tag. It's worthless. Don't even get me started on removing the chat feature. I guess I won't be watching Twitch as much any more.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apple TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The new update is soo laggy and glitchy. You can’t even scroll through the streams correctly without it stuttering or freezing.

The live followed streamers only show so many of your creators, and if you select see more, it takes you to the “following” page where you still don’t see more just what you saw before 😂😂 so I’ve had to manually search for smaller streamers that I know is live based on the mobile app.

It’s so troublesome to find new VOD content.

And also, the audio freezes/stutters every 20-30 seconds and sometimes even worse than that. It gets.…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The Apple TV app is now nearly useless because everything is sorted by recommendations instead of viewers, and there’s no way to change it like you can on other platforms. Until Twitch is able to make its recommendations actually be decent, change the default sort back to sorting by viewers.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Apple TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Ana responded

Thank you for your report. We realize the recent experience with different apps, including Apple TV might be frustrating, and we do apologize for that. An underlying change in the technology used to power the Twitch TV application on Apple TV, Fire TV, Android TV, PS4, PS5, Xbox and Xbox Series X/S devices required us to rewrite those applications, resulting in reduced functionality and features. While our teams work toward improving the experience in the coming months, please continue sharing your feedback with us. Thanks for your understanding and patience.

5. The state of Twitch on the Apple TV is fundamentally unacceptable and, if they aren’t already, both companies should be pursuing a lawsuit against their own management for gross negligence and incompetence. The app is UNUSABLE.

Fix the chatting. Fix the ghost notifications. Fix the UI popping in and out of view in a constant, never ending loop. Fix the scrubbing. Fix the emotes.

Holy ******* **** this isn’t a joke - take all the comments here seriously and do something other than sit on your *** while this **** has been broken for WEEKS now. Not even one single…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please work on the apple tv app. I'm begging you! I want to be able to view stuff with filters other than just language. When I go to a category like "just chatting" I have no idea how you are organizing the content I see. And "just chatting" is pretty broad, couldn't there be additional filters or tags within that category?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. On the latest version, you cannot gif rid of the bottom icons while viewing a stream in full screen mode (without chat), and the screen flickers as well.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. After the most recent Twitch app update/redesign for Apple TV, Top Clips is now missing when going into any categories. For example, previously before the most recent update/redesign, one could go into Just Chatting, and at the bottom would be a row of Top Clips within that category. This made finding new streamers and keeping up with the latest news/drama/etc. much easier and more interesting. Please add it back!

Also, the new design looks great! Keep up the awesome work.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Dark blue usernames in chat can't be read unless you go really close to your TV. Maybe a light mode would fix the problem. I don't know. If not, then Twitch needs to get rid of dark blue usernames. Light blue is easily readable.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I just bought an Apple TV in May 2023 and was excited to install Twitch on it. However I am not happy with it. Half the channels that I am subscribed to do not show up in my "Offline followed channels" list. I have to search for them by name! This is silly. I have to go back to casting Twitch from my phone.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Right now, if you want to see the chat for a stream, it has to be to the side of the stream. It looks ugly and creates black bars.

Let us have the chat in a small box in a corner. Let us control the opacity of the background, the size and position of the box, as well as letting us switch back to the current one.

SoundTV on android tv does this amazingly well and rather than hiding the chat like I do on appleTV I get to show it and enjoy it without it ruining the stream.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Why did this get removed in the latest update? It helped me figure out if I wanted to watch twitch or not.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. this watch party feature already exists on web and on iphone, but the apple tv app doesn’t support it

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I used to use an app where you could have up to like 6 streams at once all live and you could really easily switch between them without any lag or loading. Put it this way twitch! 4 streams At once! 4 times As many ads!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. On PC and mobile devices the speed option are already enable. I would suggest to add that same feature to the Twitch AppleTV app.

I'd be glad to see this option please. Thank you very much in advance. Regards

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Currently the Apple TV app can only scrub back and forth by rewinding or fast forwarding, an extremely unwieldy way of just skipping past or through content. The UI for this is also clunky.

Most video apps on ATV allow you to jump back and forward by 10 seconds by clicking the left or right sides of the remote button, or by placing step back and step forth buttons on the virtual remote.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I’ve got a Bluetooth keyboard paired to my AppleTV, but I can’t use it in the Twitch app. It’d be nice!

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. A feature that's available on the Desktop and the iOS apps that isn't on Apple TV. It would be nice to be able to browse streams without having to quit the current stream. There would also need to be a mechanism to dismiss a PIP stream the way there is on the Desktop and iOS apps.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Apple TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Using the unofficial Twitch apps that existed previously on tvOS, it was extremely easy to navigate stream recordings that are often 5-6 hours long. Since the official Twitch app debuted, all the third-party apps have ceased development, so we're stuck with the bad video controls of the official app. This could be solved by using the standard tvOS video control APIs that almost every other app uses. Examples:

1. While watching a long Overwatch stream, when the streamer was queuing for a match, I could easily tap the right edge of the trackpad to jump forward in small increments, until I…

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Apple TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?