Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: Mobile

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Applications: Mobile

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. I have downloaded the update for twitch and now whenever I hold my phone sideways I can't see what I'm watching fully because chat is 1/4 in the way of he screen. Making the chat almost transparent and then putting it on the full screen was possibly the worst idea you could have. I'm not asking for rollbacks, just fix this!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please add 2x watch-speed option to the stream replays

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Recently the following page on mobile was changed from a minimal layout to big video panes that play the stream just by scrolling past it..... Uhhhhh, so you're FORCING us to see spoilers on streams we may otherwise be avoiding for the time being. For example, Resident Evil 8 just came out, I've waited a long time for this game, and would purposely avoid watching any ads, trailers, reviews, etc. to save myself from spoilers. But just entering your app after the new update just spoiled big chunks of it. So the options to avoid such spoilers are unfollow everyone,…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Live caption videos so that users can read what the streamer is saying without needing sound on.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I think there should be an option on the notification system that notifies the user when a streamer they follow changes the game they're playing.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I think that button looks like Balkenreuz wermacht sign. And im as a grandson of WW2 veteran offended in some way to see that kinda things in popular stream service. Cant attach screenshot here, but i did it in official twitch discord support channel.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bonjour

Il y a un problème sur Android quand vous cliqué sur filtrer et trier ensuite cherchent tous les tags on n'a aucune possibilité de garde un tag en favori on est obligé de revenir et refaire toujours la même manipulation quand on quitte la rubrique. alors que sur iPhone on peut faire sa par exemple choisir sa langue est la mettre en favori.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Currently the iOS 14 widget shows both live streams and re-runs the same way – with a red circle icon. It would be nice if re-runs had their own visual presentation, so it'd be possible to tell them apart.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I've came across a problem I cant easily access the full twitch streaming capability on the mobile app.
    I also cannot access account on Samsung Galaxy Tab which would allow me slightly more access as bigger screen
    Also I cannot access account on laptop with windows 10. This is completely ruining my streaming experience

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When using wide aspect phones in landscape, if you open the chat it overlays the video while there's still space to the left. A better solution is to move the video left while leaving the chat on the right, using the whole screen space. (Similar to what Google meet does when opening the chat)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. For the Mobile Twitch app, have better functionality for example the ability to highlight streams from the app similar to the site itself, as well as posting a stream schedule via the app, adding info for your channel in the ABOUT section, making the app overall more user friendly, and for god sakes allow a dark mode cause it is extremely bright. The app itself as is is a good start, but it needs better functionality.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. The YouTube app has background code that synchronizes the Bluetooth audio and video, it would be great if the twitch app did this, seen as how manufacturers are moving away from the 3.5mm jack.

Everyone is starting to use Bluetooth earbuds, and there is a good 0.5 sec delay.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I love watching streams, but I absolutely hate the chat. I want to be able to enjoy it like I would something on my TV and not be bombarded by hundreds of messages a minute of crap I have zero interest in.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. It seems that live streaming is limited to a maximum resolution of 432p. This is much less than competitors which allow streaming at 720p or 1080p. Also, the lack of URL overlay support for cheer/tip notifications, similar to those provided by other apps like IRLTV and Teradek Live Air Solo, prevent this from being a viable alternative for serious IRL streamers.

These features would help make live streaming more popular using the Twitch app and help enable a one-device solution:

• Manual selection of stream resolution (480p, 720p, 1080p)
    • Either URL Overlay support or another notification avenue to notify the streamer…
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. A clips section in every category on Twitch, you can swipe up or down to travel between clips. Clips can be rated through a slider on the side. I think this feature would be great for not only streamers, but normal Twitch users as well. This short clips section would have its own place aside from streams, for example: Top rated clips would have their own space in the main Twitch page.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow us to sub on mobile for the same price as on the desktop. There should be no reason this wasn't how it was on release.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. On iOS 15 when watching streams vertically, remove the “Chat” text above the chat. It is pointless and taking up space that could be used to see more of chat, especially on my iPhone 12 mini’s smaller screen.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I would love to see an app designed for moderators in mind.

I'm constantly on the go and using my android phone or iPad to output a wifi signal for my laptop to moderate a chat. Having to do this makes the stream laggy and catching the bot or people that need to be looked at hard since alot of mobile hotspots are not that great at all.

I use the browser rather than the streaming app for moderation because moderating on the existing app is either non-existent or horrible.

Having a dedicated app, web app, or even moderator view…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?