Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: Mobile

Twitch Applications: Mobile

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. For some reason picture-in-picture stream pauses after pressing home or switching to another app. I don’t think this is intended behaviour, because in other apps video in pip doesn’t pause after switching. It’s not that big of a deal, but it gets annoying really quickly.

9 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please add an option to stretch the stream/VOD on the android devices with new aspect ratios (18.5:9, 18:9 etc). The native crop to fit are bad for streams.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Currently, there is no way to determine which parts of a vod are muted while looking at it on a mobile app.
    The desktop site already has this feature, and it can help determine whether a vod is worth watching or if it is all muted.
    Plus it would make it easier to know where to start and where to skip to next if you are watching a muted vod.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make a Mod version of Twitch App or Option to Enable Mod view for app. Sure not everyone will use this because the PC options are better and surely much better to use. However for those rare occasions and for those select few. ( i did this for 2 months before since i had usual times for when some streamers started at different times and i was not near my pc) I also would like to see load times shortened. ( my phone is an OnePlus 6t and it is not that slow.) Those seconds count when trying to delete…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I really hate watching Twitch on my iPhone, because there is no low latency mode.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I have downloaded the update for twitch and now whenever I hold my phone sideways I can't see what I'm watching fully because chat is 1/4 in the way of he screen. Making the chat almost transparent and then putting it on the full screen was possibly the worst idea you could have. I'm not asking for rollbacks, just fix this!

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When watching a stream on landscape mode, with chat opened, the hype train will forcibly take up 50% of the screen. This leads to either continuing watching without chat on, or with phone held vertically.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Have the option to disable Hype Train or make it smaller because it makes the chat 50% of the screen.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. after watching for a while pip window closes even though stream and app still open.
    can't watch anything unless i am on twitch app itself

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I mod for a couple bigger streamers and alot of time I am using my phone, confined to the Android Twitch App. Having an option to delete individual messages would be an extremely handy update for all mods who use mobile.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Fix this:

The iOS app regularly resets the playback position of the video after unpausing a VOD. May also be a result of pausing, leaving, then re-entering the app. This makes VODs a pain to watch on mobile.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I love watching streams, but I absolutely hate the chat. I want to be able to enjoy it like I would something on my TV and not be bombarded by hundreds of messages a minute of crap I have zero interest in.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It seems that live streaming is limited to a maximum resolution of 432p. This is much less than competitors which allow streaming at 720p or 1080p. Also, the lack of URL overlay support for cheer/tip notifications, similar to those provided by other apps like IRLTV and Teradek Live Air Solo, prevent this from being a viable alternative for serious IRL streamers.

These features would help make live streaming more popular using the Twitch app and help enable a one-device solution:

• Manual selection of stream resolution (480p, 720p, 1080p)

• Either URL Overlay support or another notification avenue to notify the streamer…
    4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. There needs to be an option that lets you resize the Chat. The Chat takes away a good chunk of the screen when it is not minimized and it makes the Stream significantly smaller and since I like reading the chat I would like to have both on my screen without the Stream getting too small. Also, on my iPhone 12 on the right side of the Chat there is some kind of “black bar” with nothing on it which also takes away a little bit of the screen and it would also be nice if that would get removed.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I recently upgraded my phone to the Pixel 5 with a hole punch camera in the front.

Netflix and Youtube support this via a pinch out zoom and fills the width of the screen, it appears that the Twitch app is almost there as it seems to support a pinch out zoom but it won't go all the way over and stops with a black bar over the camera and status bar area.

I would like the pinch out to zoom to fill the whole screen! Thank you

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I've came across a problem I cant easily access the full twitch streaming capability on the mobile app.
    I also cannot access account on Samsung Galaxy Tab which would allow me slightly more access as bigger screen
    Also I cannot access account on laptop with windows 10. This is completely ruining my streaming experience

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When watching vods or clips on the horizontal mobile player, tapping to bring up controls makes the follow, notification, and sub buttons pop up. WHY??

When you're watching live it's not a huge deal because you don't need to use the seek bar. But watching a vod or clip, it's insanely annoying having those buttons take up a third of the screen every time you want to go back a few seconds. If I'm watching a vod from a channel I've been subbed to for a year, why I would want the option to unsub and unfollow them popping up…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. For the Mobile Twitch app, have better functionality for example the ability to highlight streams from the app similar to the site itself, as well as posting a stream schedule via the app, adding info for your channel in the ABOUT section, making the app overall more user friendly, and for god sakes allow a dark mode cause it is extremely bright. The app itself as is is a good start, but it needs better functionality.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. hey, would there be any way that the phone could stream phone games directly?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?