Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: Mobile

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Applications: Mobile

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

768 results found

1. Mobile creator dashboard is essentially useless for mobile. I cannot view past vods, create clips, export to YouTube or any other desktop functions including all my channel settings. The only way I can use creator dashboard on my tablet is to load into the browser site and that only works on an android device. So if you want to do any kind of admin work on your channel… you have to do it on pc.

Please give us the functionality of desktop creator on mobile so we can actually do more. The app as it stands or “create” mode does…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. In a recent version of the mobile app, video quality options were reorganized so that chat arrangement options appear above them when tapping on the gear icon next to a stream. I change quality options often and chat arrangement options never. The quality options should be on top.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  0 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When a streamer has a guest on guest star and you watch on mobile in landscape, there’s a big bar that never goes away that shows how many guests. It makes the stream way smaller and is very annoying

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  0 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I like the new chat overlay when using the app on iOS in landscape mode, however, it needs more options to improve usability.

Currently, only the last message is displayed and disappears within 3 seconds. This means I need to be constantly watching to catch what is said, which is not how I tend to use Twitch on mobile.

Including three additional settings options would lead to more flexible usability:

1) Number of chat messages and/or lines of chat to be displayed simultaneously
    2) Length of time messages are displayed before disappearing, with the option to have them not disappear…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  iOS  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. App V 15.5 on iOS experiences brief audio cut out when switching to background play by locking the screen. I’ve noticed this since December 2021 when I first used the Twitch app. Originally on an iPhone 12, and now on my iPhone 14 with iOS 16.5.1. It really is a detractor from using Twitch when the streamers I watch also multi stream to YouTube.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. just that
    i would like to stream irl with an external microphone so it doesnt sound bad because of the wind or just ambient noises
    also maybe a way to choose an external camera would be nice too
    but mostly i think the audio input would improve a lot if i can choose the mic that i want to use instead of the built in the phone

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The pre-roll ads interrupt the ability to cast to another device; it's annoying to click on a stream, go to click to cast button, but get interrupted by at least 15 seconds of ads (but sometimes much longer!). I can only cast to my smart tv after the ads finish.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Android  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The mobile app isn't sending me with raids always even though I'm on the latest version. Reloading the stream doesn't put me in the raid, and reloading the entire app takes too much time and the raid is already gone.

I see people also mention polls in chat, but I can't seem to see them. If I reload the stream I can see a poll others are mentioning, but I have reload ever single time, and I can't do that on channels I'm not subscribed to and will get an ad on every reload of a stream.

These are things…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When clicking the “Search” icon, nothing happens. iOS users are unable to search for new channels or livestreams.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Less missing first few second or so of a stream
    And make it notifications come out as soon as the streamer is live or something like that

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. sometimes when I go to flip my screen when watching a VOD on mobile it bugs and rotates the title but not the full screen , the video and chat are still in the default position. happened after 2nd to last app update

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Currently on mobile app when you pause the livestream or VOD, there is a huge title bar with following and notification buttons and play/skip button shows up that block up half of the stream in landscape mode. I can’t minimize like I can while playing stream/VOD.

Everytime I pause the stream/VOD to read something from stream in landscape mode, it lefts me with disappointment that I have to switch to portrait mode and zoom in or read without pausing the stream at fast pace.

Wish I could attach the screenshot of the issue but hopefully you understand the issue and…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Everyones gonna hate me… but this bug allows people to just skip all ads while watching. <3

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When connecting my iPad Pro to an external display via HDMI, the Twitch iPad app does not recognize the display and keeps mirroring my screen. This used to work flawlessly on Twitch and still works flawlessly on other apps.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  iOS  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. how about making an app for creators to edit their VOD and make highlights from their phones? Or you can add it to the creators version of the main app.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When viewing a channel on the mobile app, there is no clear way to find any history of your interaction with the channel. This leads me to accidentally unsubscribing from a channel by clicking that channel subscribe button, hoping it will take me to another menu.

So this is a two part:
    If someone clicks that in error, and nearly immediately subscribes, favorites, etc. Back again, then their "renewed" sub, favorite, etc date should be based on the original.

Number 2: what I described above happens when I'm just wanting to see a few basic things : how long ago…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When I try to resume a broadcast replay I’m watching, the Twitch app will consistently lose my place in the video and make me hunt around for it. This especially prevalent in longer broadcasts.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I would like for the twitch app to have the same picture in picture transition as youtube has, where it doesn't leave the PIP window to just appear and it just shrinks and it's a smaller screen. You do not see the app close rather the video shrink instead. Use YouTube and then swipe up into PIP for reference

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow chat to use the entire mobile screen.

Currently when using chat only mode the video section takes up a third of the screen and is redundant. The streamers name, icon and tags take up allot of screen space leaving two lines of chat visible at any one time (on my iphone6)

When i’m not at my pic I like to watch stream on my TV or PS4 and it would be awesome to have chat on my phone. The current layout hinders me from keeping up with chat so i don’t use it at all. It would be awesome…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 9 11 13 38 39
  • Don't see your idea?