How can we improve the dashboard? (feedback on Live, Stream Summary, Stats, Achievements and other pages welcome)

GIFs and larger file sizes for Twitch Panels

I would love to see animated GIF support for my stream panels or even larger filesizes permitted. Currently there is a 1 megabyte limit on file size.

Since twitch loads the video stream first and doesn't load the panels until the user attempts to scroll down, the increased file size allowance would not impact the load time of a broadcast.

Animated GIF, MP4 or MOV support would greatly increase the control and polish available to broadcasters

7 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

ItsLewdicolo shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • m4ntis87 commented  · 

While I agree that it'd be a nice feature to further a broadcasters image onto their page, I feel a small condition(I'd hate to use the term restriction) should be enabled before allowing its use.

Maybe limit the use to affiliates and partners only? I say this to avoid abuse of its feature. I think the panels are something of a tool that further enhances the broadcaster, I think having it open to everyone could open up misuses (or something of the sorts).

As with each feature, it has potential to be abused, this is why I suggested the above, but I feel even without that particular condition, the use of animated gif's, mp4's, webm's, etc would give the broadcaster more power to excel their own unique image and content.

• Brandon Cord commented  · 

It would definitely be great for a broadcaster to make animated panels without having to develop a full on extension to do so.

Feedback and Knowledge Base