• Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

956 results found

1. The example curl request here:
    https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/api/reference#check-automod-status
    Doesn't work.

1) It needs a broadcasterid query param
    2) It needs the content-type header (application/json)
    3) I get a 500 error using the provided "user
    id"s in the post body, using other user_ids works

I spent more time than I care to admit figuring this out, so it seems like fixing this will probably hep somebody out in the future.

If these three things are fixed the call succeeds.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. So I'm trying to do a multi-room audio solution with Mopidy (https://mopidy.com/) and Snapcast (https://mjaggard.github.io/snapcast/), and I'm following many DJs on Twitch, and tune in for the music. I'd like to be able to have a Mopidy extension to be able to receive and listen to Twitch streams from the server, without having to use my phone or anything.

I don't mind if I need to login/OAuth token, I don't mind for the usual occasional audio ads, I just want to be able to access the AUDIO stream so I can listen to it more conveniently.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Timestamp is not working properly when clicking on the twitch logo on an embedded VOD video

When clicking on the twitch logo of an embedded video of a VOD, the normal behavior should be that it goes to another tab and opens the VOD with the timestamp working. However the behavior that is shown in the video and through my experience is that due to the link/url including "/?ttcontent=twitchlogo&tt_medium=embed" after the timestamp, it invalidates the link with the timestamp.

[https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1044994951?t=3h47m46s/?tt_content=twitch_logo&tt_medium=embed]

[https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1044994951?t=3h47m46s%2F%3Ftt_content%3Dtwitch_logo]

If the link was instead "https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1044994951?tt_content=twitch_logo&tt_medium=embed&t=3h47m46s", it would work as intended.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Embeds  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I think at the very bottom of this page you meant to write User C because that's what that paragraph is talking about.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Events endpoints like https://api.twitch.tv/helix/moderation/banned/events and https://api.twitch.tv/helix/moderation/moderators/events only provide a short history of events.

This makes it difficult when a 3rd party dev takes on a new client to collect historical data from before they started offering services to the new client. Answering a question like when did I mod this mod? Is not something that can be answered without historical data.

Allowing a request for as much historical data as available (hopefully more then the current amount provided by the endpoints) or requesting for a specific time amount would allow new 3rd party dev and single custom one off developers…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. There does not seem be an equivalent for v5's chat endpoints. In particular, there does not appear to be an endpoint for getting all emoticons such as https://api.twitch.tv/kraken/chat/emoticons.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  API  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I am new to Twitch, but one idea I want to do is Bingo Cards with consistent game content (Character X does Action Y could be one of the squares, for example). Is there a way to use a !command to create the random card and track all players' cards? Seems like I'd need external website assistance. However, if this has already been created, I have no interest in reinventing the wheel.

ALSO: I want to make sure this will not break any TOS!! I want to remain in compliance.

Thanks,

JankaJoe

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be useful to get "active only" prediction

As a quick way to go "is a prediction already running"

As apposed to calling "get first 1" and assuming that the 1st is the most recent (and thus active) prediction

Active would be "active/locked" in this wording. IE any state that prevents a "Create Channel Points Prediction" call succeeding

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Deferred  ·  0 comments  ·  API  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would love to have as an extension of the recently released Prediction API a way to be notified (EventSub or webhook) when someone just spent some channel points in a prediction.

I understand that for big channels a lot of notifications could be sent at the same time, but why not at least merging some notifications in one to bring down a bit this issue?

It could be an array of predictor objects with defined max amount of objects per notifications (let's say 100, if 1000 predictors only 10 requests would be sent by the API).

The difference with…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Okay, I got the user access tokens... not how to use it? The page ends without a word...
    (like how to get what user is the one who accepted the request).
    Also the scope list is not full - Discord use other roles as well, not mentioned in that docs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Sample code for windows users would be awesome!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Currently, it is possible to listen either to all custom channel point redemption or redemptions of specific reward id.

It would be great if we could add a condition to only listen to redemptions of rewards that have been created by our own client id with the channel points API.

With this, we do not need to create x amount of eventsubs for x amount of rewards we created for the broadcaster.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  EventSub  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. You could once enter redirect URLs in this format which is useful for cookie testing:
    http://some.prefix.localhost:8080/auth/twitch/callback

Now I can no longer change the URLs of my application without removing this entry. I would like it to allow HTTP for domain names ending in [some.prefix].localhost not just localhost.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The Developer APIs are often used to resolve relationships with sets of accounts used in follow bots through the Block User Endpoint. It would be useful if we could expand the reasons to allow developers to programmatically report bot accounts to help Twitch in removing these accounts. We are all actively building systems to help combat this issue on behalf of Twitch, so let us do our best to help your team.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Extensions themselves can sign up for webhooks for transactions, but those bit exchanges are completely invisible to the broadcaster. They can't make alerts, or estimate revenue, etc. I would love an event for any transaction make on any extension for the authorized broadcaster.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  EventSub  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Simple. Old drop system allowed you to turn drops on for like a year and now its only 28 days max.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Drops  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It is not uncommon for an extension to be activatable in multiple slots, giving the broadcaster placement choice.

However, whilst extension developers offer this flexibilty they may want to prompt/suggest that the streamer installs the extension to a specific slot.

Please provide a way for Developers to mark a slot as "recommended" and update the UI to show a "Recommended" badge next to the slot in the extensions/manage UI

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Extensions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. First of all, thank you for providing developers with valuable tools and apis for twitch. I greatly appreciate the code samples that were provided, however I noticed that there was only a code sample for the authorization code flow. I feel that developers would greatly benefit from examples of how best to work with the implicit code flow. I know this has been an issue for me. For example, if you create an electron application with a modern javascript framework that manages routing, the redirect part of code flow becomes a sticking point. Most of them will use localhost for…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Some of us have websites- eCom stores, information websites, etc. I have a PC hardware review website and would like to wish to integrate it just like Youtube. I wish Twitch had the tools that worked.

Twitch has embed code separately for viewing and chat. But it's rather a general code that has fixed width and height. You'd think a big platform like Twitch would have an official WordPress plugin with a responsive design. Also, plugins have better compatibility with WordPress.

There are plugins for Twitch, but they have long been discontinued. There are so many websites out there that…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Embeds  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It would be great for alerts, and goal bars to receive the sub count information along with each event, similar to the progress on hype train, they push the total, goal, and progress in each event, so the precedent is there for eventsub to expend on the core data. Something similar to the dashboard data would be great

{
    "count":1,
    "score":1,
    "countbreakdown":[{"plan":"1000","count":1},{"plan":"2000","count":0},{"plan":"3000","count":0}],
    "score
    breakdown":[{"plan":"1000","score":1},{"plan":"2000","score":0},{"plan":"3000","score":0}],
    "nextlevel":{"minimumscore":15,"emoticon_limit":2}
    }

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  EventSub  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)