• New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The "build your first extension" walkthrough was perfect until about the half-way mark, then it started omitting hugely important steps. I had to stumble around to try and keep up, and although I was modestly successful, I was not able to see my Panel extension in my channel. Would have been helpful to actually have a zip file of assets to upload, because I have no idea whether I did that step correctly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Investigating  ·  0 comments  ·  Developer Site  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. "Check: If you want to see the completed code at this stage, its available on the Step 1 branch."

There are no links to the source code. It would be extremely helpful to have a link to GitHub repo with full set of code in this tutorial, to see how it all goes together.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Investigating  ·  0 comments  ·  Developer Site  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Hello guys from twitch. Last week I filled out the form to add my indie company to the platform claiming my game, but it was denied. I gave all possible information and did not understand the reason for the denial.

Our game is already in the GiantBomb database and we are doing all the transition process (we come from MIXER) by implementing the Twitch API to the game and creating the extensions.

I sincerely ask you to help us register the company.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Site  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. In the streams endpoint, there's no property in the response that indicates if the stream can only be watched on Twitch. This means we embed streams that can't be watched and we obviously don't want this.

The streams api needs to return this information so we know not to render these embeds.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. More information is required about the uniqueness of id. Is it unique forever (i.e. there will never be two messages with the same id) or is it just guaranteed unique within a timeframe?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Investigating  ·  0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Screenshot: https://i.gyazo.com/bbb8b10afa1fb779baa31d711b610620.png

The 2 results only differ by a trailing slash in the link url.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. msgid:"usageuntimeout" states:'Usage: “/raid <username>” - Removes a timeout on a user.' and not /untimeout

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Investigating  ·  0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. اريد الدخول بدون تسجيل

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Another way to manage an extension secret is to use a .env file. The .env file can be used to store all kinds of secrets, tokens, and passwords.

eg: TOKEN=testT0K3N

note: .env is a shell file so there can't be spaces around =

Page: https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/extensions/building

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. At the "Local Server" point, I was totally confused and I didn't know what to do...
    I would love some small Videos or Gifs that show you what to do, like "save this file there" or "write this line of code in this line" or maybe display some images that show you, how it should look like or "what happens when you do this"...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The formatting of the link to the locustfile in https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/extensions/load-testing-extensions#run-your-locust-test is not working because there are code tags in front of and after:

locustfile.py

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. As per a request from Barry, it would helpful if any flagged messages on a page were fixed or visible when loading a bookmarked section. For example, right now there is an important message on the API reference page about OAuth requirements for Helix, but if someone goes directly to https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/api/reference#get-streams, they will not see this message currently.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When no OAuth token is present there's this err:

{
    "error": "Unauthorized",
    "status": 401,
    "message": "OAuth token is missing"
    }

But a missing client-id doesn't return an error that it is missing, instead it responds with:
    {
    "error": "Unauthorized",
    "status": 401,
    "message": "Client ID and OAuth token do not match"
    }
    (which is the same error if both are sent, but don't match).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. There's no gameid or gamename in the helix get videos endpoint.
    Its a bit weird that you get all the information except what's actually being played in the video

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Build your first Extension
    Here’s an extension that just says ‘Hello, world!’

where do i store this? how do i connect this with the twitch extension config page?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. While you do a good job of stating that the IRC interface deviates from the RFC, as well as where and how it deviates from the RFC, it may be beneficial to specifically call out the deviation that the MODE command is server-generated (read only), instead of being a keyword that can be generated by a client.

In other words, my bot cannot issue its own "MODE #channel +o nickname" command via the IRC interface (like it can on IRC), it can only receive notifications from the server that the server has sett one of those modes. One sentence covering…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. This guy does not resemble reality. Part 4: Enabling Drops; Click Your Console ( Where is it, I clicked Your Dashboard); Click Drops ( Where is it? How am I suppose to find it?).
    Not approvable

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. In the dev docs, can you add an "Updated" field with the date of when the page was last updated, or what versions the doc works with? Trying as a newbie now, there's some stale info in here.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?