There was an error during translation

Developers

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reason for this is because when creating new redemption awards they always add the beginning of the list, what if I wanted to do specific orderings. I would like to remove the "new" indicator or have it say new but in the correct sorted order.

As an aside, I would also love to see bulk redemption pushing, havent seen a way to do this one either.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  EventSub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Updated

https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/eventsub/eventsub-subscription-types#channelchannelpointscustomrewardredemptionupdate

To declare which moderator/broadcaster/user did the update, and if it was API omit.

This may be more appropritate to add to the proposed moderator actions topic instead https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310213-developers/suggestions/42991875-please-provide-a-topic-s-for-all-kinds-of-moderat

This is useful to track which moderator handle the Reward Redeem (whatever it was). And/or track bad actors/mistakes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  EventSub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. A video is

• stream archive

• uploaded vod

• highlight

basically anything that is not a clip, and can be returned with a call of

https://api.twitch.tv/helix/videos?user_id=channelID&type=all

Please provide topics for

• video created

• video deleted

• video published

• video unpublished

• video updated

Updated would catch title changes, thumbnail changes, description changes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I guess I have found a bug in the Twitch EventSub documentation, the actual sort order of event attributes doesn't seem to be the way they are documented.

The last two attributes of the Channel Points Custom Reward Redemption Add Event (https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/eventsub/eventsub-reference#events) are according to the documentation reward and redeemet_at whereas the API returns it as redeemet_at and reward. Either way the documentation is wrong or the API is wrong.

It would be great for further development with the EventSub if this could be fixed.

Thanks a lot and kind regards
    Moritz from dialogikTV

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Extensions themselves can sign up for webhooks for transactions, but those bit exchanges are completely invisible to the broadcaster. They can't make alerts, or estimate revenue, etc. I would love an event for any transaction make on any extension for the authorized broadcaster.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. While migrating to EventSub with 2.2 million webhooks, I noticed one thing that makes debugging with many webhooks especially difficult.

Problem:

EventSub subscriptions cannot be listed by a condition or type. This makes it impossible to find unwanted duplicates and its ID on the part of Twitch.

Solution:

By filtering by condition and/or type, you can find EventSub subscriptions and their IDs faster and more efficiently.

In addition, we would theoretically not need a database that knows all IDs to manage event subscriptions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add filter for channel.channelpointscustomrewardredemption.add to only receive redemptions from own client ID.

Additionally, add clientID as a field in the data payload to be able to route redemptions since we won't have a 1st party reward ID on file since our app didn't create it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It would be great for alerts, and goal bars to receive the sub count information along with each event, similar to the progress on hype train, they push the total, goal, and progress in each event, so the precedent is there for eventsub to expend on the core data. Something similar to the dashboard data would be great

{
    "count":1,
    "score":1,
    "countbreakdown":[{"plan":"1000","count":1},{"plan":"2000","count":0},{"plan":"3000","count":0}],
    "score
    breakdown":[{"plan":"1000","score":1},{"plan":"2000","score":0},{"plan":"3000","score":0}],
    "nextlevel":{"minimumscore":15,"emoticon_limit":2}
    }

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Now that Subscription Limitations are capped by a "Cost", it would be nice to have these subscriptions disable themselves automatically, rather than ever applying to the limit.

IE; I never make any subscriptions to events, unless I have authorization from that channel. When that channel revokes authorization, private events that require authentication (Such as subscriptions) get disabled. Public events, such as stream up/down do NOT get disabled, but instead start having a cost against my limit.

I would rather ALL subscriptions get disabled, not just private ones.

Otherwise I need to handle disabling subscriptions after a REVOKE is made on…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. This is something with the intention for client rather than server side.

So the idea is to subscribe to the streams.online topic but instead of specifying a broadcasterid you specify a userid. This topic would give the streams.online notifications for the broadcasters that the user is following and has notifications enabled for. You could subscribe to streams.online for each broadcaster a user is following which is indeed a possibility but at the same time cause a problem as some people follow a good 200-300 channels of which for quite a lot they probably don't even have notifications which…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. In https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/eventsub step "5. Return the value of challenge from the callback verification request to complete the verification process. Your response must be a raw string. If your server is using a web framework, be careful that your web framework isn’t modifying the response in an incompatible way. For example, some web frameworks default to converting responses into JSON objects.
    pogchamp-kappa-360noscope-vohiyo"

It is not understandable where need to send challenge variable, on what api endpoint? Please maybe add a curl example

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  EventSub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. It would be great, if the add/update events for Custom Rewards and Custom Reward Redemptions would have a flag, if the Custom Reward was created by the client_id which subscribed the topic.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. After a webhook fires, I'm given context to the UserID and Username. In the instance of "stream.online", I would like more information. In the old webhooks, I was given the full stream data object. Will there be a standard way of accessing the full data object of whatever is "notifying" the webhook? Or is it on me to use the existing Helix API to then get that information(user info, game info, broadcast info)?

One thought would be to simply give the appropriate URL to POST to for more information, similar to how some APIs give a paginated cursor URL to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  EventSub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?