There was an error during translation

Developers

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When user IDs in the provided data payload do not exists, the endpoint returns a 500 error. Ideally this should return a more detailed error code with an error message related to user IDs.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide a sandbox to test Drops integrations.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. What about adding an option/button to mute the music the streamer is playing? Sometimes i don't like the music so an option to only hear the streamer voice would be great.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please provide an endpoint to

• create

• update

• delete

• fetch

The /rules of a channel.

Usecase:

Moderators/channel staff/lead moderator may need to revise the rules of a channel on the fly.
    This currently would require the broadcaster to "stop streaming"/playing the game/entertaining in order to do so.

A scope and endpoint should be provided to allowed authorised parties to update the rules.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. There are a lot of bots and some of them get gifted subs because they are just a "normal" user. anotherttvviewer, carbon14xyz etc. are all known bots and I think the developers of the bot should have the option to mark them as bots like in discord. It would be easier to understand for streamers, and they shouldn't get gifted subs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I would love to have as an extension of the recently released Prediction API a way to be notified (EventSub or webhook) when someone just spent some channel points in a prediction.

I understand that for big channels a lot of notifications could be sent at the same time, but why not at least merging some notifications in one to bring down a bit this issue?

It could be an array of predictor objects with defined max amount of objects per notifications (let's say 100, if 1000 predictors only 10 requests would be sent by the API).

The difference with…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Okay, I got the user access tokens... not how to use it? The page ends without a word...
    (like how to get what user is the one who accepted the request).
    Also the scope list is not full - Discord use other roles as well, not mentioned in that docs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. First of all, thank you for providing developers with valuable tools and apis for twitch. I greatly appreciate the code samples that were provided, however I noticed that there was only a code sample for the authorization code flow. I feel that developers would greatly benefit from examples of how best to work with the implicit code flow. I know this has been an issue for me. For example, if you create an electron application with a modern javascript framework that manages routing, the redirect part of code flow becomes a sticking point. Most of them will use localhost for…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It would be useful if we could accept or reject a list of redemptions for handling batch accept/reject events.

Some examples of usage might be using Channel Points to join a game or a queue where a limited number of people can be accepted in. An app may need to reject a long list of users.

We have a use case on an upcoming feature and I'm concerned we'll easily hit the rate limit if a few of our larger channels make use of it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. With the way how certain bots work, Webhooks wouldn't work with said bots. So my Suggestion is to include PubSub so more bots can utilize features like Hype Train and other stuff included on twitch.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Consideration  ·  1 comment  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Include subscription message with the subscription event to be consistent with how bits include messages in the event.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Would be nice to if the Twitch service over at IFTTT had the channel title as an ingredient to be used.

This would enable a huge range of services to utilize the channel title for marketing purposes.

Zapier has this, but not IFTTT.

Screenshot of ingredients:
    https://imgur.com/a/l4DJIsx

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. In order to send a chat message via https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/extensions/reference/#send-extension-chat-message you need to know the current active version of your extension. There's no way to retrieve information about your extensions' versions.

There's one way which is kind of roundabout, by first using /extensions/${CLIENT_ID}/live_activated_channels to get a list of users, then using /helix/users/extensions/list on one to find the extension again and get its version there.

This could be much quicker to find if live_activated_channels had a version field with the live extension version (it only ever returns a list of channels using the live version).

There could also be a /extensions/${CLIENT_ID}/versions endpoint…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Just like the /helix/users/follows endpoint, I would like the /helix/subscriptions endpoint to also provide the total results in addition to the next and previous links.

Currently I have to recursively go through all the subscriber pages, 100 par 100, and add up for each one. So I make for my 12,000 subscribers not far from 120 calls which, on the one hand overloads the service and uses part of my call quota, and on the other hand take almost a whole minute to execute.

This is a certain burden for our two sides, as a "total" field would solve all…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. There should be a way to at least enable/disable or pause/unpause rewards that the Client-ID used didn't create. This makes sense since if I'm a moderator I can pause/unpause events that I didn't create for the channel in question. Even if it's a separate endpoint to prevent different bots from "writing over each other" I think this would be the best possible feature to add.

Possible bias: This would make my Channel Points Rewards (Twitch CPR) Game Profile system just that much slicker. ;)

Best part; Could just be a paired-down version of the current "get" function of channel point…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would like an option to return the amount a points a current user has.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow to request clips/videos on multiple required query paramters (broadcasterid & gameid).

Exemple: https://api.twitch.tv/helix/clips?broadcasterid=xxxxxxx&gameid=xxxx

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Currently requires two un-needed requests https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/api/reference#get-users-follows and https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/api/reference#get-streams
    (Instead they could just include a ‘live’ parameter in the first request.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I believe that updating the redemption to have a status of CANCELLED should remove any active cooldowns on the custom reward

I understand that it needs to go into the cooldown state immediately so that other users cannot redeem it again, however setting the status to CANCELLED is our way of signalling that the event did not complete. It's how the streamer says "sorry I can't do that, have your points back".

It makes little sense for the redemption to stay in cooldown when the custom reward has failed to be completed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When a reward is created by the API, we should be able to prevent the streamer from being able to change values that we set. They should still be able to disable or delete the reward.

By locking the reward, we can offer a similar experience to all users and prevent confusion when one reward is drastically different from the same reward on another stream.

Just some use cases below would benefit from this.

Currently, we can set the max number of users of a reward per stream and our backend could be enforcing the same amount of rewards redeemed.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?