There was an error during translation

Developers

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When a reward is created by the API, we should be able to prevent the streamer from being able to change values that we set. They should still be able to disable or delete the reward.

By locking the reward, we can offer a similar experience to all users and prevent confusion when one reward is drastically different from the same reward on another stream.

Just some use cases below would benefit from this.

Currently, we can set the max number of users of a reward per stream and our backend could be enforcing the same amount of rewards redeemed.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. In the context of a Twitch Extension Overlay, the API needs a way to set key value pairs for viewers of a channel not using cookies. Chroma incognito blocks setting local storage and cookies. This would be used to store overlay settings like widget sizes and positions. That way when the page refreshes, the overlay elements would persist their placements. As the great BarryCarylon said "... like Redis for Twitch Extensions".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hello, there are unfortunately always VODs where no category is listed, when I create a clip there, the problem is that the clip does not appear in any category, that is very annoying for me as a streamer. That's why I ask you to vote for this idea, so that Twitch has a possibility to change the Twitch category after the clip is created.

For example, if a wrong category is set, there must be a possibility to change it later.

example bug clip list: https://dashboard.twitch.tv/u/terminatorsaw2k/content/clips

screenshot from bug list: https://imgur.com/WSpfVGU

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The ability to specify an existing reward that exists as a basis on creating a new reward would be useful. (This would clone the image/other set parameters as well to the new reward)

Use case:

Channel points to pick a "team" the user would be in.
    Today there are three teams, so clone the pre set (disabled) one three times.
    Tomorrow there will be four, so clone four times.

Image would be the same for all four.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I would like to have a way to access a list of CHANNEL REWARDS available for a given channel. Without authentication would be nice, as anyone can see it in the website regardless.

Another additional data provided if the API call is authenticated with the said channel, would be to see the status of the claims (Accepted, pending, refunded) so that the projects based on those can know if it was accepted or if it can be safely removed, in case of a refund.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When PubSub returns rewards, it references channel_id whilst the Beta API Endpoints call it broadcaster_id.

As a Developer, i prefer to be able to parse the same object from different sources in the same way. The discrepancy in naming prevents this / makes it slightly less performant as a distinction needs to be made.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. There's no gameid or gamename in the helix get videos endpoint.
    Its a bit weird that you get all the information except what's actually being played in the video

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. At the moment I have not found any way to get users app id (in my case Riot Account ID) which would allow me to authenticate user using Twitch API and at the same time make sure that user owns this Riot Account. Currently Riot does not support their own way of authentication for third-party developers, therefore Twitch would be great in this case if they shared app ids connected to the Twitch accounts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. If you call GET https://api.twitch.tv/extensions/<client ID> you get a JSON back with the information about the extension. This is currently undocumented, but it would be a real useful took for discoverability and management, but being undocumented, it wouldn't be wise to use in a production environment. If this endpoint is planned to be kept, can it be added to the documentation for our use?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. For example, the YouTube Data API has the "fields parameter" to accomplish this, an example being: items(userid,username,title)

https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3/getting-started#fields

Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add support for RFC8252 (https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc8252#section-7.1) which allows for users to specify custom scheme URI's for OAUTH callback urls. This would allow native application developers to not have to piggyback through a server and instead they can configure their applications to handle these schemes for confirming the oauth callback, for example my-app-name:/authorization?code=XXXXX

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hi
    Hope you are doing good.
    Recently, I just attached the API of twitch with my website https://buyweedpacks.com/. Today, I noticed that the API is not working and page is blank. API is attached in the backend of website. Please do let me know that how can I sort out this issue?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hi
    I just want to ask that can I integrate twitch with my website https://mandslawyers.com.au/? As we all know that twitch is going to be very famous in coming days so that's why I want to integrate it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Classificação mais clara de quando uma transmissão é Rerun, podendo ser um icone ou uma luz azul ao lado do nome do canal (onde atualmente aparece vermelha como a transmissão ao vivo). Como usuário percebo o crescimento contínuo de transmissões rerun que são úteis por um lado, mas pelo outro poluem o feed de quem assiste, sendo que muitos criadores burlan ou dissimulam a regra de colocar no título que é rerun. Muitas vezes só é possível descobrir após perguntar no chat. Essa situação é frustrante, pois interfere na experiência de interação, principal característica da plataforma e desfavorece quem está…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Dear Twitch,

Your phone app is traaash! Why is it that when I open the app I’m not greeted by the only thing I’m there for. The people I follow are buried so far away. “Your offline channels” and “Following” are arbitrary! The channels I follow should be the first thing I see when I open the app. I shouldn’t have to go find them. Sure it’s a couple scrolls away and sure they’re in there somewhere… Nope. Garbage. App is so bad it makes me not want to use it. Stop advertising **** to me and show me literally…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It would be very nice to have additional information on the subscription of a specific user, for example date of the subscription, how many consecutive months the user have been subscribed and the total months that the user was subscribed.
    This could be easily added in the "Get Broadcaster Subscriptions" response so that for a specific broadcaster you can have the list of subscribers and for each one you can select the ones with streaks or total months to perform special actions with them

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Possibility to get/list all clips from a VOD link

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The article mentions that a response will include

{
    "accesstoken": "prau3ol6mg5glgek8m89ec2s9q5i3i",
    "refresh
    token": "",
    "expiresin": 3600,
    "scope": [],
    "token
    type": "bearer"
    }

But that's not the case, if no scope is providen, scope doesn't exist on the response. Also the refresh_token isn't present on the response.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. gracias por la ayuda

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)