There was an error during translation

Developers

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Right now, you can only check if the streamer setup permissions for your extension from the helper, such as isBitsEnabled, isChatEnabled, isSubscriptionStatusAvailable. It would be nice to be able to query the API to see which permissions the streamer setup.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Would be nice to if the Twitch service over at IFTTT had the channel title as an ingredient to be used.

This would enable a huge range of services to utilize the channel title for marketing purposes.

Zapier has this, but not IFTTT.

Screenshot of ingredients:
    https://imgur.com/a/l4DJIsx

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I agree all the privacy n rules here but I have a suggestion that I need a pop out comment / follow / donate or either subscribed notification while I am streaming with mobile I ha d high hopes for it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Code in Sample 2 doesn't work, not even with freshly created credentials and app tokens.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The endpoint /helix/subscriptions?broadcaster_id=USER_ID doesn't return the data from the most recent to the oldest subscriber.

We could maybe use /helix/subscriptions/events?broadcaster_id=ID but the data here apparently doesn't last more than 5 days or so. This doesn't work for small streamers who don't have a lot of subscribers coming on a daily basis, for example.

Suggestions:

1. Create an "order" parameter to the first endpoint, so we could use like /helix/subscriptions?broadcaster_id=USER_ID&order=desc&limit=1

2. Make the second endpoint return the latest "forever".

The first endpoint seems buggy, the data being returned comes in random order and the pagination cursor is always present, even if I clearly…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When I try to update "ismaxperuserperstreamenabled" of a reward, I get an Internal Server Error.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Currently, when a non-Englisch Character is entered into the "Name" Field of the Application Settings (https://dev.twitch.tv/console/apps/<CLIENTID>), it is denied with the Error Message saying that the word "Twitch" is not allowed, even if that is not entered.

1) This Error Message is confusing as it is incorrectly describing the situation.
    2) For some usecases, Non-English Characters would help for Names - such as German Companies with umlauts (öäü) in their name.

I acknowledge that allowing the entire Unicde / UTF-8 subset can pose issues, but It makes it so an Application Name may not be 100% identifying of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I have a system that checks what scene the creator is in, to see if that custom reward is allowed (we do scene whitelisting). A planned feature is to disable and enable custom rewards based on the scene, so that the end users (the viewers) only ever see custom rewards that will actually work.

It would be very helpful if I could batch my update calls so that I could set several rewards as disabled/enabled at once. Without this ability its very likely I'd hit a rate limit.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Cheering Bits is the most famous way to support a streamer. However, it can be somewhat challenging for new users to get familiar with the Twitch Chat commands to properly do so.

I propose an API which allows to trigger a regular cheer.
    This call obviously should not be signed instantly, but sandboxed where the Twitch backend requires a "Yes / No" response via GUI from the user.

I think this can improve the user experience a lot and it can also improve the general usage of Twich Bits.
    For instance, many streamers use overlays in their stream to react…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I believe that updating the redemption to have a status of CANCELLED should remove any active cooldowns on the custom reward

I understand that it needs to go into the cooldown state immediately so that other users cannot redeem it again, however setting the status to CANCELLED is our way of signalling that the event did not complete. It's how the streamer says "sorry I can't do that, have your points back".

It makes little sense for the redemption to stay in cooldown when the custom reward has failed to be completed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Helix don’t have for game clip by laguage param filter.

Helix api must need it for the other country.

Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Given the site shows Watch Parties as an alternative "type" to Live content (similar to Reruns), it should be denoted as such in the Get Streams API.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I am confused about this site. Please provide a video and explain more.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When creating a custom reward it would be nice if we can set a description. Not all rewards can be easily described by the name.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Hello, there are unfortunately always VODs where no category is listed, when I create a clip there, the problem is that the clip does not appear in any category, that is very annoying for me as a streamer. That's why I ask you to vote for this idea, so that Twitch has a possibility to change the Twitch category after the clip is created.

For example, if a wrong category is set, there must be a possibility to change it later.

example bug clip list: https://dashboard.twitch.tv/u/terminatorsaw2k/content/clips

screenshot from bug list: https://imgur.com/WSpfVGU

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Developers only have access to get and update redemptions for the rewards they created.

There are some uses cases where a "god token" would be useful to manage all rewards on the channel regardless of this limitation, a scope can be created to allow access to all rewards.

A calling application may want to dynamically modify the price of the "modify emote" or "highlight my message" but won't be able to currently

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. If the request (Get Videos) is authenticated by a user, return a response field video_bookmark which returns, in seconds, where the user left off in watching the video. Or it could be requested at a different endpoint by video ID or something.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Old API allowed you to only get clips with a specified language. Since this is not in the new API, sorting clips through language, ends up eating through your requests. Since you have a limit of 100, about 1/3 of clips gathered will NOT be English, meaning you have roughly 66 clips. Would be nice if that could be added to allow requests to return more clips.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. In the streams endpoint, there's no property in the response that indicates if the stream can only be watched on Twitch. This means we embed streams that can't be watched and we obviously don't want this.

The streams api needs to return this information so we know not to render these embeds.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?