• My feedback
  1. Add Social links in response on endpoint "Get users"

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. inserire una funzione di chiamata all'api per ritornare la lista dei vip di un determinato canale per poi fare un login riservato ai vip, non trovo funzioni nell'api e questa cosa mi rallenta i lavori. [LINGUAGE ITALIAN]

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Extend the banned API to allow filtering on the API by the moderator whom performed an action.

Third party tools may need to check the actions that a given moderator did, or ask the moderator to reconcile their bans/actions post stream with additional resoaning/comments in an external tool

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The new prediction/polls APIs are very welcome, but it would be useful to know who started/locked/ended a prediction.

Maybe to display info to chatters who to talk to about the rules of the current prediction or maybe to log potential abuse of predictions.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Similar to https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310213-developers/suggestions/42562003-bans-who-did-the-action

But extended to the Helix API.

It would be useful to add who did a given "Ban Event" to the Get Banned Events for "service restart catchup" when using eventsub.

And useful to add it to the main "get banned users" for determining as a moderator using a tool the history or a user and to check with that moderator why that user was banned, but can't since the API doesnt' report who did it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Could you add an endpoint equivalent for the Get User Emotes endpoint? my application uses the old one to show all the emotes a user can use but its not getting updated to support the new kinds of emotes being added to twitch.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The TZIDs in https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/api/reference/#get-channel-icalendar are currently prefixed by a / so they are /America/New_York for example. Removing the leading slash should vastly improve compatibility with iCal parsers (since the timezones are essentially IANA timezones then).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Given that EventSub only uses an App Access Token.

It's possible for a developer to obtain user authentication and never store the token (and/of refresh token if one exists (ie implict has no refresh)) and only utilise EventSub.

Please provide an endpoint

https://api.twitch.tv/helix/users/scopes

With a required parameter of:

id - a userID

That accepts ONLY An App Access Token

That returns

{
    data: [
    'array',
    'of'
    'scopes'
    ]
    }

To allow developers to check what scopes a user has authorised the developer/ClientID to utilise

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. add follower emote to the list of emotes returned in the emote API

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

More Info Needed  ·  2 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. There are a lot of bots and some of them get gifted subs because they are just a "normal" user. anotherttvviewer, carbon14xyz etc. are all known bots and I think the developers of the bot should have the option to mark them as bots like in discord. It would be easier to understand for streamers, and they shouldn't get gifted subs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I want my Twitch Extension to be able to copy text to clipboard. It seems as though that the iframe allowed permissions are limiting this. Therefore I request for Twitch staff to add clipboard-read; and maybe clipboard-write;

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I would love to have as an extension of the recently released Prediction API a way to be notified (EventSub or webhook) when someone just spent some channel points in a prediction.

I understand that for big channels a lot of notifications could be sent at the same time, but why not at least merging some notifications in one to bring down a bit this issue?

It could be an array of predictor objects with defined max amount of objects per notifications (let's say 100, if 1000 predictors only 10 requests would be sent by the API).

The difference with…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Okay, I got the user access tokens... not how to use it? The page ends without a word...
    (like how to get what user is the one who accepted the request).
    Also the scope list is not full - Discord use other roles as well, not mentioned in that docs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. First of all, thank you for providing developers with valuable tools and apis for twitch. I greatly appreciate the code samples that were provided, however I noticed that there was only a code sample for the authorization code flow. I feel that developers would greatly benefit from examples of how best to work with the implicit code flow. I know this has been an issue for me. For example, if you create an electron application with a modern javascript framework that manages routing, the redirect part of code flow becomes a sticking point. Most of them will use localhost for…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Include subscription message with the subscription event to be consistent with how bits include messages in the event.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. In order to send a chat message via https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/extensions/reference/#send-extension-chat-message you need to know the current active version of your extension. There's no way to retrieve information about your extensions' versions.

There's one way which is kind of roundabout, by first using /extensions/${CLIENT_ID}/live_activated_channels to get a list of users, then using /helix/users/extensions/list on one to find the extension again and get its version there.

This could be much quicker to find if live_activated_channels had a version field with the live extension version (it only ever returns a list of channels using the live version).

There could also be a /extensions/${CLIENT_ID}/versions endpoint…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Just like the /helix/users/follows endpoint, I would like the /helix/subscriptions endpoint to also provide the total results in addition to the next and previous links.

Currently I have to recursively go through all the subscriber pages, 100 par 100, and add up for each one. So I make for my 12,000 subscribers not far from 120 calls which, on the one hand overloads the service and uses part of my call quota, and on the other hand take almost a whole minute to execute.

This is a certain burden for our two sides, as a "total" field would solve all…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. There should be a way to at least enable/disable or pause/unpause rewards that the Client-ID used didn't create. This makes sense since if I'm a moderator I can pause/unpause events that I didn't create for the channel in question. Even if it's a separate endpoint to prevent different bots from "writing over each other" I think this would be the best possible feature to add.

Possible bias: This would make my Channel Points Rewards (Twitch CPR) Game Profile system just that much slicker. ;)

Best part; Could just be a paired-down version of the current "get" function of channel point…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I would like an option to return the amount a points a current user has.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Currently requires two un-needed requests https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/api/reference#get-users-follows and https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/api/reference#get-streams
    (Instead they could just include a ‘live’ parameter in the first request.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?