There was an error during translation

Developers

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I would love to have as an extension of the recently released Prediction API a way to be notified (EventSub or webhook) when someone just spent some channel points in a prediction.

I understand that for big channels a lot of notifications could be sent at the same time, but why not at least merging some notifications in one to bring down a bit this issue?

It could be an array of predictor objects with defined max amount of objects per notifications (let's say 100, if 1000 predictors only 10 requests would be sent by the API).

The difference with…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Okay, I got the user access tokens... not how to use it? The page ends without a word...
    (like how to get what user is the one who accepted the request).
    Also the scope list is not full - Discord use other roles as well, not mentioned in that docs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. First of all, thank you for providing developers with valuable tools and apis for twitch. I greatly appreciate the code samples that were provided, however I noticed that there was only a code sample for the authorization code flow. I feel that developers would greatly benefit from examples of how best to work with the implicit code flow. I know this has been an issue for me. For example, if you create an electron application with a modern javascript framework that manages routing, the redirect part of code flow becomes a sticking point. Most of them will use localhost for…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Include subscription message with the subscription event to be consistent with how bits include messages in the event.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. In order to send a chat message via https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/extensions/reference/#send-extension-chat-message you need to know the current active version of your extension. There's no way to retrieve information about your extensions' versions.

There's one way which is kind of roundabout, by first using /extensions/${CLIENT_ID}/live_activated_channels to get a list of users, then using /helix/users/extensions/list on one to find the extension again and get its version there.

This could be much quicker to find if live_activated_channels had a version field with the live extension version (it only ever returns a list of channels using the live version).

There could also be a /extensions/${CLIENT_ID}/versions endpoint…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Just like the /helix/users/follows endpoint, I would like the /helix/subscriptions endpoint to also provide the total results in addition to the next and previous links.

Currently I have to recursively go through all the subscriber pages, 100 par 100, and add up for each one. So I make for my 12,000 subscribers not far from 120 calls which, on the one hand overloads the service and uses part of my call quota, and on the other hand take almost a whole minute to execute.

This is a certain burden for our two sides, as a "total" field would solve all…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. There should be a way to at least enable/disable or pause/unpause rewards that the Client-ID used didn't create. This makes sense since if I'm a moderator I can pause/unpause events that I didn't create for the channel in question. Even if it's a separate endpoint to prevent different bots from "writing over each other" I think this would be the best possible feature to add.

Possible bias: This would make my Channel Points Rewards (Twitch CPR) Game Profile system just that much slicker. ;)

Best part; Could just be a paired-down version of the current "get" function of channel point…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I would like an option to return the amount a points a current user has.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Currently requires two un-needed requests https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/api/reference#get-users-follows and https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/api/reference#get-streams
    (Instead they could just include a ‘live’ parameter in the first request.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I believe that updating the redemption to have a status of CANCELLED should remove any active cooldowns on the custom reward

I understand that it needs to go into the cooldown state immediately so that other users cannot redeem it again, however setting the status to CANCELLED is our way of signalling that the event did not complete. It's how the streamer says "sorry I can't do that, have your points back".

It makes little sense for the redemption to stay in cooldown when the custom reward has failed to be completed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When a reward is created by the API, we should be able to prevent the streamer from being able to change values that we set. They should still be able to disable or delete the reward.

By locking the reward, we can offer a similar experience to all users and prevent confusion when one reward is drastically different from the same reward on another stream.

Just some use cases below would benefit from this.

Currently, we can set the max number of users of a reward per stream and our backend could be enforcing the same amount of rewards redeemed.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow developers to mock responses from all common integration points- subs, bits, follows, streams, etc, and allow users to mock users as well.

This is useful for automated testing as well as building extensions.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. In the context of a Twitch Extension Overlay, the API needs a way to set key value pairs for viewers of a channel not using cookies. Chroma incognito blocks setting local storage and cookies. This would be used to store overlay settings like widget sizes and positions. That way when the page refreshes, the overlay elements would persist their placements. As the great BarryCarylon said "... like Redis for Twitch Extensions".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hello, there are unfortunately always VODs where no category is listed, when I create a clip there, the problem is that the clip does not appear in any category, that is very annoying for me as a streamer. That's why I ask you to vote for this idea, so that Twitch has a possibility to change the Twitch category after the clip is created.

For example, if a wrong category is set, there must be a possibility to change it later.

example bug clip list: https://dashboard.twitch.tv/u/terminatorsaw2k/content/clips

screenshot from bug list: https://imgur.com/WSpfVGU

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. The ability to specify an existing reward that exists as a basis on creating a new reward would be useful. (This would clone the image/other set parameters as well to the new reward)

Use case:

Channel points to pick a "team" the user would be in.
    Today there are three teams, so clone the pre set (disabled) one three times.
    Tomorrow there will be four, so clone four times.

Image would be the same for all four.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would like to have a way to access a list of CHANNEL REWARDS available for a given channel. Without authentication would be nice, as anyone can see it in the website regardless.

Another additional data provided if the API call is authenticated with the said channel, would be to see the status of the claims (Accepted, pending, refunded) so that the projects based on those can know if it was accepted or if it can be safely removed, in case of a refund.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When PubSub returns rewards, it references channel_id whilst the Beta API Endpoints call it broadcaster_id.

As a Developer, i prefer to be able to parse the same object from different sources in the same way. The discrepancy in naming prevents this / makes it slightly less performant as a distinction needs to be made.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Old Twitch v5 API has an endpoint called "Get Top Clips" (https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/v5/reference/clips#get-top-clips)

I think the new API should also include this endpoint because the current way of getting the top clips is not exactly the most user friendly one. Currently if you want to get top clips, you need to get all clips using the "Get Clips" endpoint and then sort them out manually on our side. This works if you know exactly what you want. For example if you want top clips for a game you can use the game parameter.

Unfortunately this isn't the most optimal…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Could the channel banners for each user be made available through the API

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. With the new helix API there is no possibility to retrieve user logo and banner information.
    In V5 API this information could be retrieved with this call:

GET https://api.twitch.tv/kraken/channels/<channel ID>

Will it also be implemented in helix?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?