Developers

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

436 results found

1. The V5 videos API returns a field called broadcaster_software which contains the ID of the software used when broadcasting the video (if known to Twitch). This allows callers to identify if the stream was broadcast on consoles (Playstation or XBox) which is useful to determine the origin of a video.

As V5 API is being shut down soon, It would be great if this was formalized in the Helix videos API and documented with known values for the various consoles.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hi
    I hope you are all doing good
    I need some help. I am looking for a developer who can easily integrate twitch with my website https://cloptoncapital.com/. I tried a lot by myself but nothing happened. So if you have any information about it then please do let me know. Thank You

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. If a user is banned from chat due to email or phone "cross ban" as per:

Curbing Ban Evasion

We know there are many reasons someone may need to manage more than one account, so you can verify up to five accounts per phone number. That said, to help prevent ban evasion, if one phone-verified account is suspended site-wide, all accounts tied to that number will also be suspended site-wide. Users won’t be able to verify additional accounts using a phone number that is already tied to an actively suspended account. 

At the channel-level, if one phone-verified or email-verified account
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add Social links in response on endpoint "Get users"

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. inserire una funzione di chiamata all'api per ritornare la lista dei vip di un determinato canale per poi fare un login riservato ai vip, non trovo funzioni nell'api e questa cosa mi rallenta i lavori. [LINGUAGE ITALIAN]

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The Kraken API for querying videos lists the available resolutions for archived broadcasts and current streams. The new API does not.

https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/api/reference#get-videos

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. So I'm trying to do a multi-room audio solution with Mopidy (https://mopidy.com/) and Snapcast (https://mjaggard.github.io/snapcast/), and I'm following many DJs on Twitch, and tune in for the music. I'd like to be able to have a Mopidy extension to be able to receive and listen to Twitch streams from the server, without having to use my phone or anything.

I don't mind if I need to login/OAuth token, I don't mind for the usual occasional audio ads, I just want to be able to access the AUDIO stream so I can listen to it more conveniently.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Events endpoints like https://api.twitch.tv/helix/moderation/banned/events and https://api.twitch.tv/helix/moderation/moderators/events only provide a short history of events.

This makes it difficult when a 3rd party dev takes on a new client to collect historical data from before they started offering services to the new client. Answering a question like when did I mod this mod? Is not something that can be answered without historical data.

Allowing a request for as much historical data as available (hopefully more then the current amount provided by the endpoints) or requesting for a specific time amount would allow new 3rd party dev and single custom one off developers…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. There does not seem be an equivalent for v5's chat endpoints. In particular, there does not appear to be an endpoint for getting all emoticons such as https://api.twitch.tv/kraken/chat/emoticons.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  API  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be useful to get "active only" prediction

As a quick way to go "is a prediction already running"

As apposed to calling "get first 1" and assuming that the 1st is the most recent (and thus active) prediction

Active would be "active/locked" in this wording. IE any state that prevents a "Create Channel Points Prediction" call succeeding

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Deferred  ·  0 comments  ·  API  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I would love to have as an extension of the recently released Prediction API a way to be notified (EventSub or webhook) when someone just spent some channel points in a prediction.

I understand that for big channels a lot of notifications could be sent at the same time, but why not at least merging some notifications in one to bring down a bit this issue?

It could be an array of predictor objects with defined max amount of objects per notifications (let's say 100, if 1000 predictors only 10 requests would be sent by the API).

The difference with…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Okay, I got the user access tokens... not how to use it? The page ends without a word...
    (like how to get what user is the one who accepted the request).
    Also the scope list is not full - Discord use other roles as well, not mentioned in that docs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The Developer APIs are often used to resolve relationships with sets of accounts used in follow bots through the Block User Endpoint. It would be useful if we could expand the reasons to allow developers to programmatically report bot accounts to help Twitch in removing these accounts. We are all actively building systems to help combat this issue on behalf of Twitch, so let us do our best to help your team.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. First of all, thank you for providing developers with valuable tools and apis for twitch. I greatly appreciate the code samples that were provided, however I noticed that there was only a code sample for the authorization code flow. I feel that developers would greatly benefit from examples of how best to work with the implicit code flow. I know this has been an issue for me. For example, if you create an electron application with a modern javascript framework that manages routing, the redirect part of code flow becomes a sticking point. Most of them will use localhost for…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Include subscription message with the subscription event to be consistent with how bits include messages in the event.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Code in Sample 2 doesn't work, not even with freshly created credentials and app tokens.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  API  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. In order to send a chat message via https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/extensions/reference/#send-extension-chat-message you need to know the current active version of your extension. There's no way to retrieve information about your extensions' versions.

There's one way which is kind of roundabout, by first using /extensions/${CLIENT_ID}/live_activated_channels to get a list of users, then using /helix/users/extensions/list on one to find the extension again and get its version there.

This could be much quicker to find if live_activated_channels had a version field with the live extension version (it only ever returns a list of channels using the live version).

There could also be a /extensions/${CLIENT_ID}/versions endpoint…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Just like the /helix/users/follows endpoint, I would like the /helix/subscriptions endpoint to also provide the total results in addition to the next and previous links.

Currently I have to recursively go through all the subscriber pages, 100 par 100, and add up for each one. So I make for my 12,000 subscribers not far from 120 calls which, on the one hand overloads the service and uses part of my call quota, and on the other hand take almost a whole minute to execute.

This is a certain burden for our two sides, as a "total" field would solve all…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The endpoint /helix/subscriptions?broadcaster_id=USER_ID doesn't return the data from the most recent to the oldest subscriber.

We could maybe use /helix/subscriptions/events?broadcaster_id=ID but the data here apparently doesn't last more than 5 days or so. This doesn't work for small streamers who don't have a lot of subscribers coming on a daily basis, for example.

Suggestions:

1. Create an "order" parameter to the first endpoint, so we could use like /helix/subscriptions?broadcaster_id=USER_ID&order=desc&limit=1
    2. Make the second endpoint return the latest "forever".

The first endpoint seems buggy, the data being returned comes in random order and the pagination cursor is always present, even if I clearly…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. There should be a way to at least enable/disable or pause/unpause rewards that the Client-ID used didn't create. This makes sense since if I'm a moderator I can pause/unpause events that I didn't create for the channel in question. Even if it's a separate endpoint to prevent different bots from "writing over each other" I think this would be the best possible feature to add.

Possible bias: This would make my Channel Points Rewards (Twitch CPR) Game Profile system just that much slicker. ;)

Best part; Could just be a paired-down version of the current "get" function of channel point…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?