Developers

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

363 results found

1. Currently the rate limit headers "ratelimit-reset", "ratelimit-remaining" and "ratelimit-limit" are not accessible on browser / cors requests due to browser restrictions.
    I request that Twitch adds the "Access-Control-Expose-Headers" header on the helix endpoints so that tools running in a browser can follow the rate limits without guessing if they are still within the limits or having to watch for 429 HTTP codes.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. An update on Jan 31, 2019 gave channel moderators the ability to add comments to users within chat. There is currently no way to use the API to be able to set or retrieve comments for users in chat.

This should be available to the broadcaster and all moderators within a channel.

To add a mod comment to a user, the endpoint could take the following data as inputs:
    - User: {user's name}
    - Moderator: {mod's name}
    - Broadcaster: {broadcaster's name}
    - Comment: {comment to be applied}

On success, this would return the following:
    - Success: {true}
    - date: {date}…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I recently noticed that the videoid and vodoffset of the clip data are lost when a channel's VOD is changed to private.

The lost information does not come back even if the private video is changed to the public status again.

This is a problem because Twitch recently switched the default VOD set to private due to copyright issues.

My suggestion is to make the videoid and vodoffset visible again when the private VOD is made public.

thank.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Based on the current channel points API, a client may only access/update rewards for their own custom rewards. However, for some moderation tools, I believe managing custom rewards created by other clients and/or the Channel Owner's Dashboard would be beneficial.

Take for example a reward such as "Hydrate!", where, after 10 minutes you want this cleared from the reward queue if it hasn't been actioned already. To do this with the current API, a channel owner would have to first delete the existing "Hydrate!" reward and then recreate it using the script client. Repeating this for every reward to be…

117 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The existing Channel Emotes API response includes a 'bitstier' value of 'emote_type' for Cheer-earned emotes, but does not include any data about the actual number of bits required to earn the emote. Either the 'tier' attribute or a new integer-value (recommended) containing the number of bits for each emote would be very helpful. Adding the same attribute to the Emote Sets API response would also be useful and uniform.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I am facing issue while embedding twitch through Api on my website. I tried a lot by myself but nothing happened. I am looking for a developer who can easily embed twitch with my website https://www.d-store.co/gothic-pants.html So if you have any information about it then please do let me know. Thank You

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  API  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. "The v5 endpoint searched for the channel title and category. Use “Search Channels” to match channel name or title." on https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/api/migration is wrong because the new API does not matches the title! There is no replacement for title searching!

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Investigating  ·  6 comments  ·  API  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Currently, an extension I've made can help show off a channel, including showing off their last played game. As this is one of the main reasons a person may be interested in following that streamer (based on the information that can be gathered by the API), the main way to improve upon that is to show more of these games.
    It seems strange that there is a list of the user's last several played games freely available on their channel, but not to be retrieved via an API.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Create/Update doesn't provide the ability to upload/change images for a reward.

This would be useful.

Alternatively if we can't do upload initially.

Add the ability to specify a channel emote (either by coDe or ID) so the reward would "copy" the channelEmote for that channel in.

So if I create a reward for CohhCarnage I can pick a cohhEmote (but I can't pick a liriki emote)

Or specify a URL to fetch a Image from

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Consideration  ·  18 comments  ·  API  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. So that third party developers can be notified of new unban request
    And that third party developers can respond to those unban requests, the same way as you can on the moderator view

149 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Consideration  ·  16 comments  ·  API  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Currently, the Twitch stream embedded inside the iframe autoplay without user consent. This behavior allows bad actors to abuse hidden video players to inflate their view count without the permission of the person on the website. As well this hurts users with limited data.

To fix this please disable autoplay inside the twitch iframe embed.
    THIS IS NOT TO BE A "DEVELOPER" DECISION BUT A USER TO TURN IT ON/OFF.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I would like to have an API to provide Drops information.

I would expect this to be secured behind the broadcasters token perhaps with a suitable scope.

Then this would allow me to see the current active scoring campaign(s) on a given channel.

This would allow me to provide easier bot commands with direct links to the relevant Twitch campaign page in an automated fashion. Which makes it easier for viewers to get to this data in an on demand fashion if they miss the popup for whatever reason. or the user just needs help from channel mods to understand…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would like to request that the booleans phoneverified and emailverified be added to the Get Users API.

email_verified was already a part of the v5 Get User endpoint.

The reason for this is because I would like to create an app that uses the Twitch API that would only allow access to users that have a verified phone number, to prevent/reduce spam from malicious users.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  API  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I would like my token to work for checking automod status against partner channels I mod for.

Given:
    * All other Helix AutoMod endpoints work with mod token: manage held message, get settings, update settings
    * New restrictions are incoming such that non-partners have a very low limit: https://discuss.dev.twitch.tv/t/upcoming-changes-to-the-check-automod-status-api-endpoint/38512

Currently, I just use this endpoint against my own channel out of ease of not requiring every broadcaster to engage in an oauth flow for me to best moderate their channels. With the incoming limits, I won't be able to keep up with demand, so it would be nice to use…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. In the new badge-related endpoints, badge objects in returned sets contain only their IDs and URLs, which compared to the only existing alternative (undocumented badges.twitch.tv endpoint announced in twitchdev forums[1]) isn't enough for things like custom chat clients that are very popular among many Twitch users.
    Ever since that undocumented endpoint came to existence, we've been using it in our chat client and would at least need "description" and "title" properties that are present in badges.twitch.tv to display information about badges properly and replicate webchat's behavior. I believe both APIs use the same internal data (at least for Global Badges)…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be great if an authenticated user could look up their own list of subscriptions. Currently, we allow a broadcaster to look up their subscribers, which is channel -> users, but we do not have a way to look up users -> channel. The workaround today is to get all follows for a given authenticated user and then one-by-one look up if the authed user is subscribed to the followed channel.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  API  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Extend the Videos API via a "metadata" endpoint, that provides additional data about the video.

Including but not limited to

• Category changes during the video
    • Offsets are relative to the source video that the video is from. So for a highlight it would report the video it was cut from and include where in the origin file the highlight is cut from.

For Example: https://api.twitch.tv/helix/videos/metadata?id=1234
    Metadata would support up to 100 (or 50) id's at once like Get Videos

Returns examples

A video of type archive
    {
    "data": [
    {
    "id": "1234",
    "duration": 18000,
    "chapters": [
    {
    "offset": 0,
    "game…

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The new endpoint only allows the broadcaster to run commercials: https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/api/reference#start-commercial

The old endpoint also allowed users with the editor role to run commercials: https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/v5/reference/channels#start-channel-commercial

I believe it is of value to allow access to editors as they used to. Editors should be trusted enough to choose their own tools to support the broadcaster, as has already been the case.

Plus, if an editor's token can be used the editor's name will appear in the Activity Log on the Dashboard, rather than the broadcaster's name (assuming some sort of webpanel or bot has to be used, that the broadcaster has…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The AutoMod API lets you test/validate text

Extend the AutoMod API to test a username/userID so a user passed in from tip/extension platforms can be tested to see if should be flagged/skipped/held for manual moderation

https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/api/reference#check-automod-status

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Previously a call to "https://api.twitch.tv/kraken/channels/123456/videos" included "_total" (The total number of videos).
    This was removed in Helix.
    As a replacement, you need to iterate through every 100 videos for a channel and count manually. This results in thousands of extra API calls.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?