Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1305 results found

1. Can we create a category for "Miniature Painters". Art is very broad, and as much as we do fit in we often get lost and overshadowed by other subjects. If Video games have specific sections for specific games wouldn't it be wonderful if Miniature Gamers/Miniature Painters would get their own?

133 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I like the idea of being able to just do basic sorting on my followed channels. Instead of prioritizing viewer count I could sort alphabetically, by most recently followed, etc.

For filtering, I'd like to see the ability to filter by channels I'm subscribed to, category they are streaming, maturity, etc.

I'd also like to be able to favorite my followed channels to easily see streams I watch most often or want to prioritize. They could be sorted to the top of the list, or posted in a separate section of the Following list.

122 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Implement a filter that would be present no matter what section of the site you are on allowing you to filter based on a primary language.

1) Force a streamer to select a single primary language
    2) Allow streamer to select multiple secondary languages
    3) Implement a filter that would be at the top of any search/game/category listing...

The filter should have two features.
    - Allow user to filter based on primary language ONLY
    - Allow user to sub-filter based on secondary languages optionally

This accomplishes two goals.

1) Allow the viewer to filter down to streamers that for the…

122 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Currently there are 6+ categories covering Flight Simulation.

Microsoft Flight Simulator
    Microsoft Flight Simulator X
    Lockheed Martin Prepar3d
    Xplane 11
    Infinite Flight
    Flight Simulator
    Flight Simulation.

All these categories cover the same games and should be merged into one category (Flight Simulation) rather than have them fractured.

118 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It is time to unify NFT games within the same category.

In this way, the streamer would be given the opportunity to play and analyze different NFT games in the same streaming, not having to be in the category of a single game.

Also the category closest to this, "Crypto", does not specifically represent this type of content.

115 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. There is a large Glass Blowing twitch community. We do live demonstrations every day at all hours. Some artists are twitch taught and have thousands of followers. We are hosting a charity glass on twitch too. Can we please get a category for Glass Blowing? I would be happy to help develop. -urbanpheasant

113 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. There needs to be a biannual event where the entire Twitch community can celebrate and help uplift the hard work us small streamers put in when planning something special for our communities only to end up with little to no payoff.

For this, it could be setup a set of benefits that are active to any streamer who has been streaming actively for six months atleast and is currently streaming below an average of 20 viewers:

Outside of any contractual agreements with companies, (i.e, Nintendo Directs, major game reveal streams, etc) the entire Front Page is taken over by small…

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I'm the content coordinator for Onyx Path Publishing. We have several streams on our channel that focus on our Tabletop Roleplaying games listed above, as well as partner games such as Realms of Pugmire, Legendlore, and Cavaliers of Mars, and licensed games including Exalted, Chronicles of Darkness, and World of Darkness.

Other channels stream these games as well, but it is difficult to find them under the catch-all Tabletop RPG tag. I would like to either have individual categories for our lines, or tags for those lines added to the directory.

110 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The Primordial World (thepw) is a Brazilian mmorpg that doesn’t have a game category on twitch yet and is making a splash

109 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. These categories are all part of the same game.

Fire Emblem Fates:
    * Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright
    * Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
    * Fire Emblem Fates: Special Edition

Fire Emblem Fates is currently subdivided into "Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright", "Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest", and "Fire Emblem Fates: Special Edition", which corresponds to the physical releases the game had. However, the listings and by extension, the physical releases, are more akin to routes within the same game and dividing the category just makes it harder to list and search for streams. Furthermore, the current listing doesn't even have a proper category…

105 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Twitch has different 'boosting' features available to some streamers, such as channel point boost challenges or the new Boost Train. While great in theory for discoverability, completed boost recommendations right now seem to be sent to completely random users.

This means that recommendations are not always seeking the audience that the streamer is hoping to reach, or is content viewers aren't looking for. For example, when checking my own Front Page for these boosted recommendations, I've mostly been recommended channels streaming in languages I do not speak, or in categories I've never engaged in as a viewer or streamer.

This…

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When browsing channels by game, make the top 3 or 5 channels listed random channels to help promote people who get less viewers.

As it is now, people searching by game will notice more popular streamers right away and may never look beyond them. By adding a random spotlight at the top, it may drive more people to smaller channels instead of big channels pulling in even more viewers.

Maybe change the spotlighted channels every 30 or 60 minutes, and add a special background behind them to stand out.

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Currently the top views are in the top of the list for followed channels. In categories it is the same way. With disabilities we often can't stream the hours or consistently stream like those that do. So finding a better way to be discovered will help those with accessibility needs. We have a voice but sometimes we are not found due to current set up.

It will also make it safer for other streamers that are not disabled. As many people give out bad advice to just constantly stream such as to not work or sleep. That streaming to be…

96 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Search  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. it takes up to much room and looks ugly and the only ones it shows is people i FOLLOW already. i dont care about recommend channels i watch who i like give me an option to disable it!

96 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Chinese BL talking or drawing

95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Adding thumbnails to streams would be a great way for many viewers to come across streams that might be of interest to them!

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. People from the MENA /SWANA region want to be seen and a have a place where we can all come together and share our culture in a safe space. It would be amazing if we could get a guild.

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Beste Idee von Welt. Onkel Twitch, mach kein Auge.

89 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Create a specific category for coloring, because it's very different from Art Category, and a lot of people is already streaming coloring sessions.

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Categories as they are are a bother to search through. Looking for Pokémon games? Well, look through all these people that have "pokémon" in their names, then all over these streams that might not be for Pokémon!

Categories nesting with Sub-Categories could change this altogether. Let's say we would want to look for Pokémon games. We'd type "Pokémon", head into the "Pokémon" category and look at all the streamers doing different games. If we want some more precision into the category, different sub-categories like "Mystery Dungeon" or "Main Titles" could work, so on and so forth until you reach the…

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?