Discovery: Browsing and Searching

1. List Less to Most Viewers

Would be nice to have the reverse order from less to most viewed channels, I have to scroll all channels down to get to know new streamers the way it is today, would save me a lot of time having this simple option.

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Pole & Aerial Arts under Performance Arts

Now before you read "Pole" and start thinking "Stripper" it needs to be explained that they are NOT one and the same.

Pole fitness, aerial silks, hammock, and lyra are beautiful yet intense circus style forms of performance art that incorporate dance, strength, balance, flexibility, creativity, and a touch of unicorn tears (to heal all the scrapes and bruises you get from training).

By streaming training and routine choreography for Pole (mostly) and some silks, my intention would be to not only better myself & prep for competitions, but also to create awareness and break down the crappy stereotypes associated…

24 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sub-categories for more games

I just saw that the CS:GO Category have it's streams categorized so you can filter which map they are playing.

Would it be possible to use this concept for more games? I personally mainly watch Minecraft, and I would like to filter streams categorized as Vanilla Survival / Vanilla Creative / Minigames / Modpacks / UHC / Other (or something like that)

It would also be neat to have some filter for the stream languages. I know that when Europe is awake and the US is sleeping, there is a lot of french/german streamers. It would be nice to be…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Recommended Channels

Recommend new channels for me based on the ones I'm subscribed to, follow and/or otherwise shown to enjoy a lot. Ideally it would recommend channels that aren't well established already, as well established channels are usually very easy to find already.

One pretty awesome criteria would be overlap in viewers. Let's say I've shown to enjoy channels X and Y. A significant part of both their viewers have shown to enjoy some small channel Z. That channel Z would be a good stream to recommend to me.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Keyword/Exact

Search options like Google, Exact keyword, contains etc.

Also an idea is filters, like platform, time zone, game, country etc.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. find a better way to display the artistic categories so that it's not only sorted by number of viewers

Right now, when you go to the Creative landing page, it shows the different communities, sorted by the number of viewers. While this makes sense in some ways to show the more popular categories, I feel like within the top communities (which are usually, #music #food #illustration #drawing #digitalillustration #painting), there is a lot of overlap in the communities people usually have like 3+ of these, and many of them are using the tags incorrectly in my opinion (i.e. people who are doing zbrush stuff but using the #painting tag). But I can see why they would? The top categories…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Advanced Search

Implement a new search system with predefined and/or user defined tags like #lol #csgo #kappa #girlgamer #familyfriendly #twitch etc. It would be nice for a channel to have a handful of tags to identify itself.

27 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Stream/Highlight preview image spoiler

So, someone you follow is playing a game you haven't played yet but wish to play later. You don't want to spoil the game for yourself in any way. The mentioned streamer reaches the final boss of the game they're playing and the boss gets plastered all over the stream preview image cause the way preview images are chosen is uncontrollable for the streamer. So in order for people to not get spoiled and sad, a preview image spoiler would be really great.

Steam has a very simple way for spoilering screenshots, and I don't think it should be any…

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Find all Followed streamers more quickly even ones that aren't online

It would be nice to have a way to quickly see all followed streamers even the ones that aren't online for when you want to watch a VOD. It is a bit annoying to always have to go an your own channel and then on following to see all followed streamers. Although there is already a 'most recent videos' option I'd like an option where I can quickly see all VODs of a streamer.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 6 7 9 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Discovery: Browsing and Searching

Feedback and Knowledge Base