Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1304 results found

1. We would love to see a general Star Wars category where all fans doing all things Star Wars related could stream in that category. For example, playing SWTOR? You could stream in that category. Star Wars cosplayers could stream in the category. Other Star Wars games, same thing. The Star Wars game viewership isn't as large as other categories, but Star Wars content combined could be something great. We'd love to see this happen so we could help the games get more traffic and meet a lot more Star Wars nerds. ;o) Thanks!

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Front Page  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Self titled, why is "Hitless" banned from being used as a category? I'm certain this is a bug, because if it isn't, then it was just an incredibly poor decision.

Team Hitless is an entire group of no hit runners, and have a Twitch Team established. Damageless is allowed, NoHit is allowed, Deathless is allowed, even "Hitlesss" is allowed which further leads me to believe it's a mistake.

I think if somehow on the very off chance this isn't a bug, Twitch should really consider what they were thinking when making that decision.

(Edit 9/8 15:44 punctuation)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Instead of being just like the gaming categories, additionally add a keyword section to Just Chatting which would then prioritize streams based on relevance.

With the size of directory, this would help end user find content based on their interest/search, and it would also give better discoverability for IRL based content without having to rely on the category system that exists on the gaming side of the platform.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Klip aldıktan sonra oyun kategorisi seçemiyorum. Bazen yayındayken farklı bir oyuna geçiyorum ve yayın bilgisini düzenliyorum, fakat klip aldığımda ilk oyunun adı gözüküyor. Kliplerin ayar seçenekleri artarsa harika olmaz mı?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Because twice now I've been unable to watch a channel without specified reason (as in: I am NOT blocked nor banned nor ignored by those streamers, as I can still chat, and can verify the messages goes through, and even follow them as usual), I get a "You are not allowed to watch this stream" followed by "Content blocked", and it has only been affecting my account (that I know of), as I can still pop out the stream on a private window or incognito mode, or even log out and watch the stream without that prompt happening.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When a streamer's category is set to any of the 45 games in the "The Legend of Zelda:" series (except for the first one), the sidebar will only read "The Legend of Zel...".
    This leaves it unclear which Zelda game the streamer is playing, until you hover over their entry in the sidebar.

Renaming the categories, e.g. from "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time" to "Zelda: Ocarina of Time", would fix this.
    The first game in the series should still be called "The Legend of Zelda" since it doesn't have a second title.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please can we have Die Hard Trilogy as one tag? its silly to have all 3 games seperate on Twitch when its clearly one whole game on the ps1, saturn and pc.

Its already on IGDB as one game and needs to the same on Twitch

https://www.igdb.com/games/die-hard-trilogy

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Seeing as the related "Mystery Science Theater 3000" has their own category, it feels only fitting that RiffTrax (whom have had an active Twitch channel for close to six years now) would get their own.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. For the Animal Crossing New Horizons category how about removing the treasure island streams so are easier found and sent to the bottom

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. There's two very similar categories and it appears that Twitch switches from one to the other automatically.

When I've tried to use the category LASERS I see that on Twitch it says I streamed Lasers instead. Sure, that is basically the same name but it is two split categories inside of OBS and on Twitch and using the wrong one could potentially impact my discoverability and viewer numbers.

This happened last time I streamed LASERS and I made sure to double check after the stream in OBS what my set category was - It was LASERS, but Twitch says I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. As of writing this post, WoW has has 3 different games active:
    1) WoW Dragonflight
    2) WoW Classic
    3) WoW Wrath of the Lich King Classic.
    My suggestion is to make 3 separate categories for each of those games since they are different games.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Currently there is no process / documentation / form to update Game Cover art for games not in IGDB. Twitch Categories like Chess, Go, just Chatting, have cover art, but are not on IGDB.

(?) What is the current procedure?

(?) Can the documentation be updated?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Soon after I started streaming SpongeBob SquarePants featuring Nicktoons: Globs of Doom (which is still on IGDB), the category was suddenly removed from Twitch, while the rest of the Nicktoons games remain. This happened roughly 2 years ago. I would appreciate if it could be restored.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. J’ai rencontré un bug récemment, lorsque je lance un live et que je met en catégorie de jeu « Call of duty » ca me propose le vrai call of duty auquelle tout le monde oublié avec plus de 20 millions de viewers, cependant quand je choisi ce jeux ça m’indique que je n’ai pas les accès nécessaires pour y partager du contenu car c’est un contenu classifié comme « jeux adulte » ce qui réduit considérablement mes vues, j’en fais même pas 2 or que d’habitude je suis au alentour de 20/30 par live

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When the initial IRL category was split into a dozen categories they were all presented with a description. None of these descriptions are present in any of the IRL categories. It would be helpful to make them available to aid streamers, especially newcomers, in picking the appropriate category for their streams. The descriptions should either contain as many examples as possible for what type of content they can be used or to contain metadata (or tags) to provide suggestions on what category to pick. So, when the streamers search for keywords to set their stream's category, they should be looked…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. bonjour afin d'être plus précise que le therme crypto pourriez vous s'il vous plait ajouter une section trading qui regroupera le forex les indices et autre pour une entraide de l'échange .cordialement

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. At the moment the thumbnail of a stream that is not held in 16:9 is stretched and distorted.

I would suggest to but black bars on it or just crop in to fill the gaps instead of distorting the image.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?