Discovery: Browsing and Searching

1. New layout is good, content isn't

The new layout is nice (and certainly much better than the old one) and I appreciate that its purple now - makes it feel more Twitch-y. But I don't like what it actually shows me. The Pulse thing takes up too much space - it's basically twitter (which I've already looked at) so I'd rather not have it be such a big part of the page. Also, I'd like to be able to customize which stream is initially playing; it'd be cool if it was someone I follow every time so I could see what they're up to right away.…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. New changes looks really nice but the "following" page should show offline channels as well as online ones

Overall the website looks really nice and sleek with new updated look both on my 1440p monitor and 3440x1440 monitor. Well done twitch team!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. about new UI

top panel it's - OK
    left panel - NICE, Finally, I do not have to go back to the main page to switch between following streamers
    right panel - OK
    middle panel - NO stop it,
    merge right and middle panel in one big panel with things from right panel

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. New layout is awesome

New layout seems pretty sick, but i think that for people with small monitors the stream gets too small because the top bar is too big. Other than that I love it, more responsive. I'm wondering if, since the followed channels are always visible, do they update in realtime, otherwise its pointless..

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Automatic updates on following tab

As long as the followed channels list is automatically updated I don't care where it is

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I LOVE THIS

Twitch. You did it again. I told you the changes you made to the homepage were crap. And you went and changed the entire website to be like the homepage. And it's perfect. Stop right here. Don't change anything else. Any other changes you make would ruin how great this is. Please. Please just stop.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Can you put a refresh icon next to the "Following" area. This new design is actually annoying to refresh the followers.

Simple refresh around the followers that doesn't "Minimize" the area. Before I would just keep a page open to refresh the followers and see the whole list. Now I have to refresh, then expand. Or use some duplex tech and keep the followers list up to date all the time.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Following column switches to Pulse

On the main Twitch homepage, the column on the left has a list of the people I follow with those that are live at the top. This is good, makes it easy to see who is live that I follow from the homepage. But when I click on the "Following" in the top left and am taken to the overview of everything and everyone I follow, the following column is now redundant.

My suggestion is to make it so when the following page comes up, the following column switches to something else. Such as the Pulse feed.

Personally I never…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. view all members of a commmunity

Have an tab under each community that allows you to see all streamers that are apart of the community even if they are not currently online.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. all channels button

I hope have a channel button that I can see all channels. It's inconvenient to see all channels now. I have to enter twitch's home.
    Then I could to see all channels button.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sorting options for game and community directories

Communities was a great idea however the communities are still ordered by viewer count which creates similar smaller directories to current game directories.

What I would like to see implemented are more sorting options. Being able to go from low to high, alphabetically, and overall time streamed of a certain game (ie if a streamer has played and streamed a game for a thousand hours and you want to find someone experienced you can easily sort by time streamed overall to find them)

As for filters I would love to see more complex options such as gender, country, age group.…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. New user navigation is not good

Now it takes 2 clicks rather than 1 to get to the Overview page of my followers. While this is a small nit pick, I believe it would improve user experience. It only took 1 click to get to Overview before but now it takes 2.
    I think reverting the number of clicks back to 1 will improve user satisfaction.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. sub category

One thing I would love to see is being able to select a game under a category. Namely something like Retro, which can have hundreds of games under its meaning. Some people follow Retro, some people follow specific games. Why not, when selecting the Retro tag, have the option to add a second tag with the specific game you are playing so that people that follow that game also see it pop up in their list. Indie would be another perfect example for this feature. Streaming under the Indie Tag with say Banished as the sub tag.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Restore game title text in the Channel Browser, or add box art for 100% of games

The Channel/Games Browser has been updated so that the game being played is no longer displayed in text, only the box art. This works fine for games with very recognizable box arts when they are shrunk down to a thumbnail, but most games on Twitch have no box art at all, or art that is indecipherable at thumbnail size. This makes it harder to quickly find channels you want to watch from your Following list. Please restore the game name as text.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. "Find more channels like XYZ"

Often my recommended channels are based on channels that I have logged many hours in, but don't have as much interest in lately. I'm personally more interested in recommendations based on some of the creative streams I've only recently discovered.

Bottom line is, just because we have many hours in a certain channel, doesn't necessarily mean we want recommendations based on that channel. Let us choose which channels the recommendations are based on.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. letting users look up streamers based on city, state and country

add the new feature where if you type a city, area, state or country (like on Linkedin) to find streamers near us or in a country, city, or state we are interested in particularly watching.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Roku App Search (sort descending)

When browsing games in the Roku app the channels are not sorted at all.

In all other apps and online channels are listed by descending viewer numbers. On the Roku app the pages are full of channels with 0 viewers.

This makes the search virtually useless.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Combine less popular games into categories.

Once you get past popular games, it's pretty much impossible for viewers to find you if they aren't already following you. For streaming less popular games, it would be more helpful to group similar games together, so that viewers can look at a directory of streamers playing, for example, recent indie games, or classic RPGs, etc.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Discovery: Browsing and Searching

Feedback and Knowledge Base