Discovery: Browsing and Searching

1. "Load Less" Option

I love that "Followed Channels" is the first thing you see in the side panel. The "load more" option is great, but there should also be a "load/view less" once the list is expanded. Without it, the list gets big really quickly and there's no way to collapse it other than reloading the page.

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Having a top bar is fine, but having it follow you when you scroll is bad design

I lot of sites are doing it these days so I get why twitch might want to do it as well but it just takes up screen space for no reason, its not hard to scroll to the top of the page on pretty much any given part of the site (except maybe the new pulse thing if its infinite scrolling and still even then it won't be hard), so could you guys keep the bar at the top and only on the top thanks.

Also if you redesign the UI on mobile defo do not have a scrolling top…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I DON'T HAVE FRIENDS OKAY

Can we remove the "online friends" if don't have any.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. the bar on the top...

so when i open twitch on the "old" ui I see a nice and clean look, everything is nicely move to the side, the following button is on the side, the search bar is on the side(nice and small so it doesn't get your attention while watching a stream), you can find your channel easily on the bottom. but why would you move it all to a different place. i maybe get it why you'd change the small text but having a whole new bar on the top with just the following button and search and your profile while it…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Customizability

It's simple. Tim wnats feature A, Jim wants feature B but dislikes A and so on. Now the purple top bar is hard coded. The followed streamers section on the right side is just gone.
    Instead of trying to find the one perfect UI that everyone likes, I strongly suggest that you develop a UI with maximum customizability. BTTV and Franker show us that what people want the most are options. Your new aim for future developments should be to let people choose what their own page looks like.
    Each to his own instead of "eat or die". :)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. STOP the sh*tty main screen AD

when ever i go to Twitch.com i see this shitty screen with "promoted" shitty livestream that i NEVER Not even once was interested in , it's just a waste of load times, if User is already logged in why not to go there instantly "Following" , and not Artificialy inflate random channels viewers count???? i think it is 100% USELESS load and a HUGE waste of time, Broadband and clicks , just to get where you want. Page already automaticly detects your log in and responds to it , so why not to send where user wants to go ->…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. "Following" Drop-down menu should be click-able

If we're going to keep the "Following" menu in the top navigation bar, it should be clickable after the user hovers their cursor over it and it pops up. Otherwise, what's the point of showing who is live via that option if you'll have to just click Following and go to another page?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow us to Change the size of the side bars

Make it that we are able to change the width of the chat and the followers so that we are able to get our preferred viewing size

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add ability to recollapse the "followed channels" section of the sidebar

On the new Twitch site design.. After you click "load more" at the bottom of the section, the list gets longer and longer which pushes everything else on the sidebar down even farther as well. Please add a way to collapse that list back to the default size. Like load more load less

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. please remove recommend channels from the left side bar

it takes up to much room and looks ugly and the only ones it shows is people i FOLLOW already. i dont care about recommend channels i watch who i like give me an option to disable it!

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. i think the old one is better i would just leave it how it was

i think the old one is better i would just leave it how it was

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. UI optionality

Give people the option of which UI they use. I personally hate this new ui so much.

I understand you wish to 'improve', but for the sake of your users, give them the option to not use this horrid ui.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I just want to know how to u

I just want to know how to update my addons for my game. Not at all certain what these new changes are about.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The following tab using icons instead of names is terrible. The expandable tab on the right from before was better. Awful change.

What does a user care about when they're looking for who to watch from their followed list?

1. Who is online. So show EVERYONE online.
    2. No, really WHO is online. Streamers use garbage icons most of the time. Icons are not identifiable. Write out their names, it's not difficult it was this way before.
    3. Who else is watching? Viewer count is important, it was there before, put it back.
    4. I want to hide the clutter. The previous following tab was expandable and collapsable, great for USERS.

And finally now, so you understand my user experience, I have…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow for the clicking of the game the streamer is playing to go to that game's directory. Right now clicking the game goes to the channel

The old layout allowed you to click the game a followed streamer was playing to go to that game's directory, the new layout does not. Why take functionality away?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Twitch isn't social media. Please stop. Revert back to original clean layout.

Go back to the layout you used for the past few years, please. This second change is worse than the first. The homepage looks terrible.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Can not see my Friends in left panel

Hi,
    I am using the latest Kubuntu Version with an up to date chrome browser. The left panel is empty, I can not see my friends list or anything How can I switch back to the old UI?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have heard reports that ad blockers such as uBlock and Ghostery are the cause of that white space on the left (which is where followed channels and friends live), and that you can resolve this issue by disabling such extensions on the site. Hope that helps!

20. Navigation bar on mouse hover & sidebar issue

I'd like the new top navigation bar much more if it was something you could hide and bring down on mouse hover, but right now it just seems like more screen clutter.

Also, minimizing the new sidebar causes black borders to show up on the sides of the stream video, which didn't happen before the new UI update rolled out. I'd appreciate it if it could just be minimized without affecting the stream.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Discovery: Browsing and Searching

Feedback and Knowledge Base