Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1329 results found

1. New Category: 3D Printing.

3D Printing streams have consumed the Makers & Crafting section on Twitch making the category painful to scroll through to find anything that isn't a 3D printer stream. Can they please get their own category?

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Games with trigger warnings, especially ones that could be dangerous to a viewer like "photosensitivity warning" or "dark matter" warning should have those tags automatically added to any stream with the game to prevent medical issues for viewers stumbling into the stream.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Can we please add more variety into the discovery page for example I'd like to be able to find streamers from the same country and platform as me for example It would be cool to be able to search for apex legend streamers from the uk that play on xbox and then be able to sort by least watched so I can support smaller streamers as well as collaborate! I feel the discovery page is missing a lot of filters like time zone, game, platform, view count, total time watched, alphabetical even filters on the following page would be great…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. We recently applied for a new game category in IGDB, however, it was identified and accepted as a Mod for a very similar game.

We would like an exception for this and for the game we applied to be available in the categories so that the game's content creators can find and define that they are playing this game.

The game applied by us:
    https://www.igdb.com/games/habblet
    https://www.igdb.com/games/habblet/changes/1994812

This is very important for us to be recognized on Twitch.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I think it'd be cool for people to learn more about the post-production side of videos! It'd get more people into editing if bigger people stream it, it can give more motivation for smaller creators, and it could even lead to a possible career, plus: if someone streams it, their chat could recommend jokes or point out smaller things that the streamer didn't notice!

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I follow about 30 games and yet have no way to see a list of all the channels currently streaming those games.

We have a list of every single live channel. We have a short list of streams we may like. But if I want to raid someone new playing a game I follow, I need to open 30 tabs and go through them looking for the tags, viewer count, or overlay that appeal to me.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please give us the option to have a space in formatting for custom tags, so they don't all appear as one word. As someone who is visually impaired, this is very difficult to read when multi word tags are not spaced out.

ie.
    CustomTags vs "Custom Tags"

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. More help with pushing viewers towards newer people, maybe incentives for them to watch. Include smaller streamers into events and such to help get their names out?

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Dear Twitch team,
    I love using your platform for streaming and watching my favorite creators, but I noticed that there isn't currently a category for design content. As a designer myself and a fan of design streams, I think it would be really useful to have a dedicated category for this type of content. It would make it easier for viewers to discover new design streams and for designers to connect with their audience.

Please consider adding a "design" category to the platform. I have no doubt that it would be warmly welcomed by the design community and would greatly…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. If you have a stream paused or muted and a new channel is hosted, existing pause & mute settings are ignored after the host. If you leave a page up during the day or evening this can cause sound to suddenly start blasting from your speakers without warning. Please don't AutoPlay hosted channels if the open Twitch page has video paused, and please preserve mute settings.

Better yet, add an option in our user settings to auto-pause/mute hosted channels so viewers can manually opt-in to watching a hosted channel.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We need a new category for matches of One Piece Card Game (OPCG, OPTCG)
    Stream or watching official tournament matches and also booster opening and other events

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I can hardly remember my stream started smoothly so I'd like to have a category for test streaming and fixing some settings before the actual theme of a translation.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Just saw that in Twitch is now posible to sleep, personally i see this as a complete disrepect for the little streamers that are trying their best to grow, doing amazing things and the fact that the ''big ones'' are sleeping and winning more and more followers that maybe the little streamers may afford by their own is just not fair.

Twitch, really, you should go back and ban the ones sleeping, because with this category everyone could make a really long stream by sleeping, and personally i think that if you make a long stream is because you can…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It is frustrating as a streamer that there is no category for when you just want to play random games, switching between games on your system and having a general game jam. We are forced to use the Just Chatting category and then people who look for that category are miffed to find you gaming, and your normal viewers will skip you because they think you're not gaming. You then spend half your stream explaining the situation to the few who do pop in. Please can we have a Random Gaming or Misc Gaming or Just Gaming category to use?

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Creating more relevant categories so streamers can be discovered easier and grow faster
    Categories to ADD: Charity streams, awareness + events, I want it to be easier for viewers to support charity events and help with big causes that need help and fast. 2 Examples being the australia fires in 2020 and BLM.
    -Cosplay, we have an art category so could we also have a cosplay one instead of using a tag and sitting in just chatting?
    -Singing, we have many singers on here and I think they deserve a section
    Also create clearer IRL categories to prevent people incorrectly…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hide certain stream categories, simple, there are categories/subcategories(filters like games, language etc all the categories that are currently available) out there that i never watch and am not interested in, an option to hide those would make my browsing experience a lot better
    Thanks in advance, keep up the good work
    PS hide specific streamers would be nice too

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I'm asking to add "Indie game" as a category and not just as a tag. To begin I would like to site an original post that was Declined.

https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310210-discover/suggestions/20615884-have-an-indie-category-like-retro-creative-irl-etc#comments

This letter was declined because the games are auto tagged as "Indie game". My counterpoint is that a common user doesn't know how to search by tag. It is not as accessible as the category search. For smaller streamers and game developers it is difficult for a casual user of the app/site to discover their content. For example "Adventure Lamp" has 4 Followers and is greatly unknown. It is a fantastic…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I think it'd be great for 3d printing to have its own section so they can be easily found by people that like to watch it!

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Upon the Launch of Just Dance 2023 Edition, they switched to a new engine and that is officially the main Just Dance. If you look at the title screen, the game is just called "Just Dance". 2023 & 2024 are "Song Packs" for the base game. Since they drop song packs every year now, it keeps splitting the viewerbase more and more due to it being marked as separate games. We would like the possibility to merge Just Dance 2023 & 2024 categories and call it "Just Dance" instead. This game is the last in the series and will just…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. On Twitch over the last couple of years the idea and concept of a 'Console Challenge' has been around.

The general concept of a 'Console Challenge' is when an individual or a group of people get together to try an 'beat' or get to the credits of every game in a consoles library.

The general streaming category for most console Challenge runners is either using the 'Retro' section of twitch, or streaming in the games own category.

As a console challenger myself, over the last year or so the concept and idea has been getting more interest as more find…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?