Discovery: Browsing and Searching

1. Add Animation as a game

I, alongside many other streamers broadcasting animation, noticed recent changes in Twitch — "Creative" was replaced with more specific terms in the creative industry, like Art, Culinary, etc...

Missing from this selection was "Animation", which many streamers, as myself, think differently from an Art as a "game", and it would be greatly appreciated, for both me and for other fellow animators, to have that as an option separate from "Art".

Also considering that Twitch's 2017 Animation Contest was held, it would make sense to have a game dedicated to all the animators that also stream on the platform.

526 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

50 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Don't list show followed categories when no active stream is present

When users view their followed categories, often times less active categories will display with "[x] viewers" - this is often misleading when there are no active streams, as when navigating to the category there will be no streams.

It would be nice to be able to see something more like "[x] streams live" from the followed category view.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Have an Indie category like Retro/Creative/IRL/etc

It would be super lit to have an Indie category to play lesser-known games. Very often I'll try to stream an Indie game and it either wont be listed on Twitch or have 0 viewers. It would be beneficial to indie devs too to get their name/games out there.

439 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please consider separate categories for live musical performance vs all these DJs mixing EDM!

Right now it is WAY too hard to find streamers who are actually singing or playing instruments. I get so frustrated browsing the Music & Performance category because the content I'm looking for is always, ALWAYS buried beneath an absolute mountain of DJs broadcasting their gigs at clubs or mixing prerecorded music from home set-ups.

The funny part is that I don't even necessarily -dislike- EDM! My fondest memories of the late 90s are pretty much a blur of party drugs and glow sticks thanks to the underground rave scene. That said... these streams are too numerous and it feels…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add graphic Design category

While gaming is the primary use for twitch, streaming is quickly diversifying.

The creative categories contain a variety of arts from Food to FiberArts.
    However, graphic designers are not represented despite the quickly growing community on Twitch.

YungKhan, Sledge315, BigBeerwolf, innergeekdesign, to name a few, would all benefit from the addition of a Graphic Designer category.

Thank you for your consideration.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. A new category : Twitch Education

Twitch should be allowed to be a place not just for entertainment, but also for learning and education. People who wants to stream educational content are currently not allowed to participate on Twitch, unless they are artists or programmers. Twitch is one of the largest streaming services, and while there is plenty of educational material on the internet, there is a lack of interactive, free to use services for interactive classes. Twitch could become a fantastic plattform for students, teachers and groups who wants to learn in a more interactive environment, that they can't get with other learning resources on…

311 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. find a better way to display the artistic categories so that it's not only sorted by number of viewers

Right now, when you go to the Creative landing page, it shows the different communities, sorted by the number of viewers. While this makes sense in some ways to show the more popular categories, I feel like within the top communities (which are usually, #music #food #illustration #drawing #digitalillustration #painting), there is a lot of overlap in the communities people usually have like 3+ of these, and many of them are using the tags incorrectly in my opinion (i.e. people who are doing zbrush stuff but using the #painting tag). But I can see why they would? The top categories…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Discovery: Browsing and Searching

Feedback and Knowledge Base