Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The mobile game F1 Manager was recently rebranded to F1 Clash. The game is still exactly the same as before as it was only rebranded but the game category for the game on Twitch is still named F1 Manager, a game which no longer exists.

Can the game category F1 Manager please be renamed to F1 Clash.

The game information also refers to a completely different game produced many years ago by EA, and not the current F1 Manager/F1 Clash mobile title developed/produced by Hutch.

Information about the rebrand can be found here - https://www.hutch.io/news/introducing-f1-clash/
    https://www.pocketgamer.com/articles/086641/hutchs-f1-manager-has-been-renamed-f1-clash-with-new-season-and-content-update/

Store entries for the…

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The Music & Performing Arts category is oversaturated with music radio channels. Scrolling through to find live musicians and DJs is too much of a chore. 'Sort by: Viewers (Low to High)' is almost completely useless because the bottom of the list is full of music radio streams with 0 viewers.

At the very least, this is making the Music & Performing Arts category look very unclean. I also think this change is especially needed now that searching by tags through the main search bar is no longer a thing.

(9/8/2019)

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When looking for people to raid, it's hard to tell who uses exclusive chats like Sub-only or Follower-only. I think this could easily be fixed by adding a little icon or label that marks ALL streams that are follower-only, sub-only, or open to everyone when browsing for streams.

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Implement a filter that would be present no matter what section of the site you are on allowing you to filter based on a primary language.

1) Force a streamer to select a single primary language
    2) Allow streamer to select multiple secondary languages
    3) Implement a filter that would be at the top of any search/game/category listing...

The filter should have two features.
    - Allow user to filter based on primary language ONLY
    - Allow user to sub-filter based on secondary languages optionally

This accomplishes two goals.

1) Allow the viewer to filter down to streamers that for the…

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Adding thumbnails to streams would be a great way for many viewers to come across streams that might be of interest to them!

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I understand that the Science & Technology category is hardly the largest category on twitch, but it is one of the most unique categories on the platform. We have a lot of content creators there that are freely giving away knowledge that you can only acquire by paying money on most other platforms on the internet.

At the moment, there is an influx of "Big Brother with animals" channels in Science & Technology that isn't exactly doing the category a favor. It just feels depressing when you're a coder and you're trying to teach people the basics of Java or…

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. it takes up to much room and looks ugly and the only ones it shows is people i FOLLOW already. i dont care about recommend channels i watch who i like give me an option to disable it!

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Recommendations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please, PLEASE add a separate section for WoW Classic rather than just combining what used to be the WoW Bfa section with Classic. Since Classic launched, the WoW streaming section has become absolutely INFESTED with pretty much just Classic streams and I'd like to be able to find Bfa streams when I want to watch them instead of having to go digging through the entire section for them like I'm digging through the racks at TJ Maxx for a good outfit.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. In light of DMCA, many streamers have no VODs nor clips on their channels. For anyone new to the channel, it can give the appearance that they are inactive and/or no longer streaming. This also holds true on the Schedule tab, which only shows currently published VODs on days they streamed.

As a quality of life update, I'd like to see some type of indicator on the channel page/top shelf how recently (and how frequently) they stream. That would let me know that I've simply missed streams, rather than they've not streamed at all.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Starting Soon Shelf  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Specific categories of trans folks deserve representation too!

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. With more people staying at home learning, and even for myself as I start school in August, I thought it would be kind of nice to have a category like "study buddies" where you could watch people study.

I think it would be great for streamers who want to talk out their subjects to an audience/see if their ideas make sense, or help them remember things.

This also gives the viewers ways to possibly improve their studying techniques and in turn learn more about the subject.

Or, if the person likes a quiet environment a viewer could be there just…

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. These categories are all part of the same games.

Neverwinter Nights:
    * Neverwinter Nights
    * Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition
    * Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark
    * Neverwinter Nights: Kingmaker
    * Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide

There is also Neverwinter Nights 2:
    * Neverwinter Nights 2
    * Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer
    * Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir
    * Neverwinter Nights 2: Mysteries of Westgate

Combining these categories would mean it would be much easier for viewers to find streams of the game they are looking for. The extra categories are just dlcs or an enhanced edition…

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When streamers improperly tag MSFS but stream these lower quality sims it deters potential new users of MSFS because they associate the poor quality of those older sims with the new sim.

This also puts streamers who are exclusively streaming MSFS at a severe disadvantage for growth when streamers take advantage of tagging MSFS just for the views.

This practice of tagging MSFS and then streaming P3D, XP, FSX, or DCS is also against Twitch's TOS and needs to be addressed.

[edited by admins to remove usernames]

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Shiny hunting is a huge part of the Pokémon community here on Twitch and has been for many years. In the past it was easy enough to type 'shiny hunting' into the main search bar and a list of relevant streams would pop up. However, With the current Twitch algorithm and layout changes it has now become very difficult to find live streams dedicated to shiny hunting specifically. This is particularly true in older game/generation categories as Shiny hunting streams get lost amongst Nuzlocks and lets plays etc. The only medium to tell if a channel is streaming shiny hunting…

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Tomb Raider: 10th anniversary edition is a never released game by the original Tomb Raider developers Core Design. This game recently was made playable by the fans and is regularly updated.
    It would be great to have it as a special category since more and more people stream it. Right now we have to use "Tomb Raider Anniversary" category which is not relevant to this game as "Anniversary" is a different game by Crystal Dynamics.
    Some proof how popular and important Anniversary Edition is for the gaming community:
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2021/01/09/you-can-now-play-this-cancelled-tomb-raider-remake/

https://www.theverge.com/2021/1/7/22219080/tom-raider-10th-anniversary-remake-lost-playable-internet-archive

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-01-07-original-developer-of-tomb-raider-tried-to-salvage-cancelled-10th-anniversary-edition-with-indiana-jones-and-national-treasure-pitches

https://www.techradar.com/news/how-to-play-the-newly-resurfaced-tomb-raider-remake

https://www.svg.com/309445/you-can-now-play-this-canceled-tomb-raider-game/

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Unfortunately I was chosen to test the new follow list sorting. To me it really doesn't feel good the way it is right now. Often it just doesn't feel natural when trying to find a specific streamer. But I could see other people benifiting from this feature if it is implemented correctly.

The algorithm should also consider if the game that is being played by the streamer is something I would enjoy or not. For example if I really love watching XQC, but I hate watching World of Warcraft, XQC shouldn't get the #1 spot in my follower list. So…

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Personalized Followed Channels List  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. In Music and Live Performance you cannot add a tag with your specific musical instrument, nor can you search the Music and Live Performance area for a specific instrument that you’re interested in seeing performed. I’d love to see Twitch add tags for instruments like drum set, guitar, piano, violin, etc. This will help viewers narrow their searches as well as allow streamers to more easily find others playing the same instrument.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I believe a worldbuilding tag would be good for writers, tabletops players and creators of all kinds. There is currently no tag to find or promote that kind of stream. Looking forward to see it or have something similar! :D

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Some content creators on twitch are unable to / don't want to use their voice on twitch and opt to use subtitles, chat, and TTS to communicate.

It would be amazing if twitch would create a Mute tag for these creators to help improve the visibility for these streamers and help viewers see what kind of content they are going to be watching so we don't have to put MUTE STREAMER in our titles every time!

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?