Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hi,
    My name is Ludovic Iochem, I am in the senior management team of a Visual effects company called DNEG, multi Oscars winner Company.
    I am on twitch under the name : Keepcalmiminvfx
    I have been streaming for a couple of month and are slowly but surely building my community around a Discord Server counting more than 2800 after 3 months (the biggest VFX Discord available).

I am a friend of a few Twitch Streamer, also streaming Visual Effects related contents, review sessions and techniques demonstration like Hugo's Desk, AndrewHogdson3D, STFvfx, etc...
    More and more people from the Industry are coming…

346 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

22 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Many people in the world i believe mostly at least bilingual, or even rarely some people speak Trilingual and Multilingual, so in the dashboard let us for streamers to choose what language are we broadcasting. For example "English" and "Chinese or "Korean" and "English" or even rarely maybe? "English" + "Korean" + "German"

443 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

64 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. when i was a small streamer i found it hard to get followers. i had a good quality stream and a couple of friends who watched my stream. and i think that new streamers are pretty much abandoned, they should get the chance to get bigger instead of waiting months for just a couple of viewers to pop buy

303 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. A veteran tag would allow the various veteran streaming communities to find each other, and assist each other better. Many veterans stream to help others fighting PTSD, trauma, and veteran suicide.

293 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Traditional and Digital artists make up their own large chunk of a media. Shoe-horning them into IRL seems detrimental to that subclass of twitch streamers.

256 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Recently, I've tried new content at my stream. I was reading for my viewers different books and received a good feedback from them. I think that if "Food" and "Creative" exist, "Reading" might also get it's own popularity.

251 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. For years, the "I Wanna Be The Guy" category on Twitch has been the main hub for the original game along with its 10k+ fangames. There have been increasingly more categories added to Twitch for various fangames, and it only stands to divide the category for an already relatively small community.

I would like to request that the "I Wanna Be the Guy" category is renamed to "I Wanna Be The Guy + Fangames" and that the following games be removed from Twitch (and the followers migrated to the new category if possible):

I Wanna Be The Boshy
    I Wanna…

224 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Virtual Reality discovery is limited on Twitch. Indie titles are spread across multiple categories, with arguably the only unified VR category being Beat Saber.

Since 2016, the VR playerbase has increased by approximately 30% per year on Steam alone, this does not take into account the million+ headsets sold by Oculus-Facebook, Sony, and users on their respective platforms during this time. (Source: https://www.vrlfg.net/Charts)

We are proposing a general Virtual Reality category to support all VR titles, from Half: Life Alyx to Pavlov VR to the smallest and newest VR indie titles.

213 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. In the days of communities, BrickinNick and I pushed for Twitch to create a community for BrickBuilding. After some back and forth emails, we convinced Twitch that LEGO is a creative medium/form of expression and deserves to be recognized in the Creative category. Hooray!

Currently, tags have replaced communities. Tags created some discoverability but they are misused and often used by streamers playing unrelated games. A dedicated LEGO or BrickBuilding category would help users find more streamers building with LEGO bricks and similar construction kits.

LEGO is too broad of a hobby to lock into the makers and crafting category.…

209 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. An art section should be added upfront with everything seeing as it doesn't fit within the IRL category and is a large part of twitch.

197 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When switching category to a game that gives an epilepsy warning, could the auto-tag system also add in an "Epilepsy Warning" tag to be able to filter through.

197 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. For the entirety of the time on Twitch, speedrunners and casual gamers alike have had numerous bouts of confusion over the shared category that these two very different games hold in unison. Due to this, many people have entered streams of one game expecting the other, and it has been a nuisance for several marathons. We are asking that the 16-bit Genesis title from 1991 be separated from the Xbox 360/PS3 title from 2006, with different cover art so that people can clearly understand which game is which.

195 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Currently there is a category for both 'Card Game' and 'Card Games' however many card games are already have their own categories such as Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh etc.

Dragon Ball Super Card Game should also have it's own category. I along with many others regularly stream Dragon Ball Super tournaments at our local card shops or from our homes.

It would be beneficial to have its own category to increase its exposure to this wonderful game and also help the Twitch streamers stream proper category.

Thank you!

183 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Would love to see a comeback of the "Game Dev" category since I see a lot of game devs (in science and tech and art) currently starting to blow up. Im sure they would appreciate a category dedicated to them. This includes, any art, animation, coding, level design and anything else that people do for a game! I'm sure it would motivate new game devs to stream on twitch vs going to a different platform to stream! Just a suggestion, please vote if you think this is a good idea!

180 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. First off, love the idea and it's very helpful. that being said I think instead of 'music' the category should be 'creative' and include art,music,mini painting, makeup body paint, writing ect. As someone who like watching art streams, if I can't find one I like these are the categories I go to next, including music. You use to have something similar to this system and it was really effective. Otherwise props to the development team

171 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow viewer to hide certain games from directory views
    Allow viewer to hide certain platforms from directory views
    Allow viewer to hide certain channels from directory views

167 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  19 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 158 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. A recent change to the IGDB classified Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate for the Switch as a 'version' of Monster Hunter Generations for the 3DS - removing the Generations Ultimate directory entirely from Twitch.
    This is a problem for quite a few streamers and viewers alike as the games provide entirely different and expanded experiences from one another, and viewers might search out someone playing the 3DS base game as opposed to the expanded iteration for the Switch that came later on.

Most people playing either of these entries today are streaming "Generations Ultimate" for the Switch. It's a game that…

156 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add custom level category for an increasing community of players that are streaming custom made games or levels such as TRLE levels (tomb raider level editor/ trle.net). Could also apply to other games with custom maps/mods etc.

There is a steadily increasing audience for these levels and it is detrimental to the streamer to have to set the game as "tomb raider the last revelation" most of the time, purely because this is the engine used, but not actually what is being streamed. People will open the stream for tomb raider 4 but leave when its not actually tomb raider…

149 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Have a filter so that you can reorder the streamers you follow on the left so that you can filter it by "the time you spend watching each streamer", rather than ordering the streamers by the amount of viewers they having watching their channel

148 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?