Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1294 results found

1. "Mini Painting" is a distinct and vibrant community on Twitch, but it does not have a logical 'Category' home on twitch. This community is currently divided amongst a handful of existing categories which are each misleading or overly general.

"Mini Painting" streams are easily recognized by an overhead shot of hands painting miniatures for RPGs, Board Games, Tabletop Wargames, or for display. These streams often have a secondary face-cam, and possibly even a third camera for a paint palette. They are a distinct type of content. Typically there are close to 1000 concurrent viewers watching content creators from the Mini…

664 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please add a new, separate category for Performing Arts (separate from "Music" and "Art") and/or Dance. Creators who streamed dance and other performing art forms are left stranded with no category after the elimination of the "Music & Performing Arts" category. These creators now have a much harder time reaching an audience.

633 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. As the mechanical keyboard community continues to grow, the Makers and Crafting section is becoming overwhelmingly overrun by keyboard makers. This sub-community continues to exceed beyond the presumptuous categories related to tech and gaming -- our community is filled with creative directors, athletes, artists, designers, etc. Creating a dedicated category for the construction of mechanical keyboards, will allow this sub community to grow with more intention, and allow this niche hobby to have a more significant role in the future of culture and tech.

563 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Already at launch we are seeing how the new 350+ identity tags can fracture communities. Streamers who used to be able to be found using the "LGBTQIA+" tag are opting to use the more specific tags within that spectrum making it harder to find them if you don't know which specific tag to look for.

If a user applies a tag like "trans", "********", "gay", etc their stream should automatically have the "LGBTQIA+" tag applied to it. This change would allow streamers to represent their content through their identity while maintaining the strength of a larger community and increase discoverability…

530 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. In the old days we had a Ludum Dare category for both game development and playing of games made during our event. Per request we moved our development streams to Science & Technology, Art, and Music where appropriate. Today there are hundreds of game jams, hackathons, with MANY THOUSANDS of new games are created every month (3000-5000 whenever we run an event, which is twice a year). Since none of the mentioned categories make sense for PLAYING jam games, I propose the addition of a "Jam Games" category as a catch-all.

498 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Twitch has done many front page features to celebrate its marginalized creators such as Hispanic Heritage Month, Black History Month, and AAPI Heritage Month. I am proposing the addition of a front page feature to celebrate Nonbinary and Gender-Nonconforming people.

In what was most likely an attempt to be inclusive, Twitch's decision to lump "nonbinary and marginalized genders" into the Women's History Month front page feature in March 2022 was actually a huge misstep. While some nonbinary people may identify as "women-aligned" and be okay with inclusion in women's events, it is dismissive, frustrating, and disappointing to assume all nonbinary…

493 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Front Page  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. when i was a small streamer i found it hard to get followers. i had a good quality stream and a couple of friends who watched my stream. and i think that new streamers are pretty much abandoned, they should get the chance to get bigger instead of waiting months for just a couple of viewers to pop buy

467 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. CoinToFish (CTF) es un juego de temática acuática Play To Earn donde podrás conseguir criaturas marinas para participar de forma directa en la economía autosostenible del token CTFT.

464 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Most streamers are streaming in the first category and actually playing the second title anyway. There's no reason to have separate categories, and it just splits the audience and the content creators. The SSE version is just a 64 bit platinum build of the original, kind of like a redux or remastered version of other games. It's the same game.

425 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hi,
    My name is *****, I am in the senior management team of a Visual effects company called DNEG, multi Oscars winner Company.
    I am on twitch under the name : Keepcalmiminvfx
    I have been streaming for a couple of month and are slowly but surely building my community around a Discord Server counting more than 2800 after 3 months (the biggest VFX Discord available).

I am a friend of a few Twitch Streamer, also streaming Visual Effects related contents, review sessions and techniques demonstration like Hugo's Desk, AndrewHogdson3D, STFvfx, etc...
    More and more people from the Industry are coming on…

424 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Recently, I've tried new content at my stream. I was reading for my viewers different books and received a good feedback from them. I think that if "Food" and "Creative" exist, "Reading" might also get it's own popularity.

420 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Virtual Reality discovery is limited on Twitch. Indie titles are spread across multiple categories, with arguably the only unified VR category being Beat Saber.

Since 2016, the VR playerbase has increased by approximately 30% per year on Steam alone, this does not take into account the million+ headsets sold by Oculus-Facebook, Sony, and users on their respective platforms during this time. (Source: https://www.vrlfg.net/Charts)

We are proposing a general Virtual Reality category to support all VR titles, from Half: Life Alyx to Pavlov VR to the smallest and newest VR indie titles.

410 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Simply allow full manual sorting of all your followed channel in the sidebar (on desktop, Chrome/Firefox etc.). Additionally give options to sort by subscriber/follower count (add new ideas here..).

Currently the channels are in what seems to be a completely random order (definitely not alphabetical or by sub/follow count). My most watched streamers which are also big by overall Twitch standards are at the very bottom by default and I need to 1) scroll down, 2) click "more" twice to get to them when they're not live.

372 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. PokeMMO is the best Pokemon MMO game out there and deserves it's own category. This 12 year old MMO always has consistent viewers, and twitch partners have to stream under other categories like "Pokemon MMO 3D" making it confusing for viewers. It would be good to have a single spot for fans of the game. Stats: mmostats.com/game/pokemmo

350 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Indie games on Twitch have close to zero discoverability. As an indie horror streamer myself, it would be amazing if instead of choosing the game title (that most won’t know to look for) there was a category for Indie Horror Games. Indie Horror Games should have it’s own category much like Retro Games do. The same goes for all other genres of indie games. Even just an Indie Games category in general would help. Not only would it give more discoverability to indie game streamers, but also to the indie game developers as well. I know many other streamers who…

311 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please add a category outside of Art/Just Chatting for photographers and editors. There is a rapidly growing number of editors and photographers who have very helpful content, tutorials, and ideas that don't directly fit into "Art" or "Just Chatting".

309 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I think it would be awesome if we could have "favorite" streamers / channels of all our followed channels that get pinned to the top. This way we can have all our most watched followed channels at the top for easier browsing. Some of us follow many channels and we don't want to unfollow them, but we want the channels we watch most to be at the top.

Admin audit: Edited title to be reflective of description for easier discovery.

269 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The discovery page lacks a "Play Random" feature. It might be fun and interesting to enter a random stream in a Category. It might help casual and new users find entertaining streams much easily and faster.
    The user that clicks on the button will be forwarded to a random stream in the previously chosen category. To find another stream the user will simply click on the same button that will appear on the header of the page.

255 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Adding literature as a category would open up the possibility of book clubs, writing, co-writing, etc. The other categories don’t fit as well as they could.

249 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. For years, the "I Wanna Be The Guy" category on Twitch has been the main hub for the original game along with its 10k+ fangames. There have been increasingly more categories added to Twitch for various fangames, and it only stands to divide the category for an already relatively small community.

I would like to request that the "I Wanna Be the Guy" category is renamed to "I Wanna Be The Guy + Fangames" and that the following games be removed from Twitch (and the followers migrated to the new category if possible):

I Wanna Be The Boshy
    I Wanna…

248 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?