Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I would love to see a site wide discoverability feature that universally lets me or any user "hide streams that are all 18+ content. " With a very simple toggle button to hide those channels.

In addition to this, having all 18+ content not visible in any discovery page if a user is not logged in to the site.

to clarify: 18 plus content may or may not include political or sensitive topics, graphic video games, or catergories etc.

Being able to quickly toggle and categorize these channels either universally help create targeted ads for these channels, potentially turn ads…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I would really like it if twitch would include our stream titles, vod title, and clip titles in the sites meta description so it shows up in (close to real time) google search.

I recently browsed a stream on Trovo live and found that they do in real time syncing with google search twitch does not.

By even reverse searching twitch stream titles nothing shows up in google search, this is frustrating.

I would also like to be able to search in twitch for stream/clip,vod titles and have them show up in a search results page.

please add this

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Please add Not Interested function to regular channel browsing as well so we can filter out streams that we DO NOT wish to watch.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The Retro category can be just about anything. When streaming retro there should also be a 2nd option to add the game title in the category so it can be searched by both retro and the actual game

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add game developer names underneath the game you are on and when you search the name of a game developer it will bring up all games they developed.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. click on a button that say "rotate". what this does is, every 5 minutes (or whatever is decided) you automatically switch to a random channel that you follow continuously.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Have a toggle for all areas of site to filter content by total hours watched to give preference to users watching history.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. There are certain features exclusive to the desktop client (such as Minecraft modding) that would be beneficial to Linux users if it was officially supported as a platform by Twitch.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Since only Partners can run a Stream team, and since "communities" can't be shown on the stream page easily anymore. It'd be really good to have something like "Guild" or "Guild Play" or "Guilded Gaming" something along those lines to be able to denote a stream featuring Players from the same guild doing things. This would also allow guilds to showcase their gameplay and let people look at streams in a game that are featuring such gameplay to find guilds that they would mesh with personality wise!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I have an idea for increasing Discoverability on the platform. Twitch already tracks what channels users already watch which then is used to recommend viewers to new "similar" channels that they might enjoy, but from my experience very few people actually take the initiative to go into their channel and watch. I think that for this approach to work you need to brute force people into trying out new streams by having a sort of "reward" system where you get rewarded in either bits or subs to the creator by watching for longer periods of time. This will make more…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Twitch is very useful as a platform for language immersion, but when you're looking in categories you need to enter a search for your target language as a tag every single time. While trending tags in categories makes it very easy to add tags in one click (most of which are pretty redundant, e.g. "Multiplayer" is one of the trending tags for Fall Guys), tags which you frequently enter need to be put in every single time.

This would also be a useful feature for people who enjoy speedrunning streams.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I follow a lot of channels. I have interest in watching streamers from quite a few game titles. I would like to be able to go to my following tab and apply a filter to only see streamers that I am following that are streaming a game that I enter the name of. This would enable me to both keep my following list large and easily view the streamers that I enjoy that are streaming the game that I like - letting me easily watch small streamers that are playing the game that I like. As is, I need to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. So if I create my schedule in Twitch for my channel, is it possible to have that link with a program like Google Calendar or have integrations elsewhere? Would it also be possible for it to link or sync with these calendars both ways?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. There are many streamers that have their breasts partially exposed, with an excessive amount of cleavage, which is not appropriate for all end users.

The feature request involves a Blurred Preview for these streamers, and the enforcement of the "Mature Content Filter".

This would allow Twitch users to be able to choose the type of content they are exposed to, instead of the select few streamers forcing this content upon all users. It should also enable other streamers, that offer more 'wholesome content' greater success on your platform, and as part of the Twitch Community.

• I am not opposed to…
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. A System where you can
    - see who has which number of channel points
    - give / remove a certain number of channel points of a certain user / user group

The nice thing is that you can make giveaways of channel points or can put them as a prize for tournaments, esspecially if you don't have money to do otherwise.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hey, my idea is for the twitch app to be on all smart TVs as YouTube is already on them so it would help people watch twitch on the TV (virgin media)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When opening Twitch.tv and landing on the home page the featured stream will auto-play. Often times this has been a music/concert stream which has an extremely high volume level. Usually when opening twitch there are no other audio going to my headphones so the change in volume is extremely jarring and actually painful. Having to adjust audio levels or leaving the homepage asap isn't the best experience when opening Twitch.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add in being able to link your Instagram and other social medias besides just Twitter and Youtube when applying for partner. Would make it so Twitch can see where certain people's audiences are coming from besides just those two platforms.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. We all use autohost, raiding and manual hosting sometimes. Its labor intensive & tireing though. One has to devote time to find a stream to drop viewers into. On top of inconvinience of that process... there is corruption going on in certain communities. People are retaining viewers by hosting their group of friends only, so these viewers are never exposed to anything new.

My idea is to automate the process of raiding, to disperse thousends of viewers watching huge streamer, by sending them to zero-viewer channels from same game cathegory.. or to the ones having simmilar cathegories history. By doing…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Have a button labelled "float". This button puts you into a random partnered channel. Every 10 minutes you automatically get sent to a new random channel. I'd love this feature for when you're bored or your fav streamer isn't online.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?