Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

125 results found

1. If you are going to leave this new browser layout released 21.06 at least give us a autoplay on/off option because its really annoying when start browsing for stream its starts by itself video and audio.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. So we all know that for discoverability, Twitch tracks who follows who, and who they also watch. Example: You follow Streamer X, and also follow/watch Streamer Y, and so does Z% of the community, they get recommended.

I'd like to see a category that dials that one more step down:
    You Follow Streamer X
    Other Community Member Follows Streamer X
    Other Member Streams
    I can go to "Streamers in your Communities" category to see streamers who share a community with me, that I would never otherwise know about since self promotion is frowned upon.

I know when I browse a…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. A option to not show channels with mature content filtered on could help out in some cases. Where if you toggle this option on, browsing through twitch, channels with mature content filtered on will not show up.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Browse  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be nice to be able to see all active streams based on the categories followed. This would help users discover new streamers in a more organized form than simply using the "Browse" view.

Example:
    • User follows: Retro, Metroid Fusion, and Pikmin categories
    • User navigates to "All streams from followed categories" view
    • User sees a Browse view that only shows streams from Retro, Metroid Fusion, and Pikmin

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please add the ability to hide channels quickly when viewing categories.

I enjoy the ASMR Category, but I am sick of obnoxious t*tty streamers who take no care in the configuration of their microphones or the sounds they're making.
    Just feels like a recipe: 1: Show bobs. 2: Link twitter with OF link.. ohai now your top of the ASMR category.

There's also a ton of boring 24/7 streams and duplicated streams and streams in the wrong category under ASMR. As well as those duplicated streamers all having the same video with donation links... just scam/spam central.

Blocking them does…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. this was probably thought of already, or suggested and shot down,

but what about adding sound to the Esports Directory, instead of having to navigate to the channel, enable sound on the Esports Directory so that I (and maybe others) can just from game to game and be able to listen to commentary.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I wish there was a page on twitch where you can check who streamed how many hours ago within your followed list. This would come in handy due to twitch being a website where anybody can stream at anytime of the day and I don't want to miss out on streams that happened when I was for example asleep. I know that you can see if streames that I follow have streamed if there is a vod left but that UI is absolute dog **** and I want a page where I can check more easily.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. For people who love games, especially multiplayer games such as PUBG, CSGO, World of Warcraft, etc. It's very easy to find new channels on the Browse page.

However, for people who really dislike these types of games, and prefer to watch streams for their (positive) communities, it's almost impossible to find new streamers.

When heading to the browse directory, there's an option: "Show me", where you can select Channels. Perfect. However, this shows just the most popular streamers mostly playing the games we don't want to see. There's a second filter: "Streaming from", which is even more irrelevant for the…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It's very hard to find streamers from Portugal in the middle of so many Brazilian streamers (Brazil has almost 20 times the population of Portugal), dividing it by Portuguese (BR) or Portuguese (PT) would make things a lot easier. This is the standard in programs, subtitles and games, since we use a lot of different terms. I think both sides of the language would welcome this change.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. So far I have only found the ability to hide or block streamers content on the for you type page of twitch, but the ability to do this in the general browsing sections especially when browsing live channels would be helpful especially for those who want to see less individuals who show a lot of skin.

The general block and ban functions available in chats doesn't do this, nor should it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. There are many good posts in this section that try to address the issues with highlighting relevant content for viewers and support discovery of channels where viewers will be engaged in a way that leads them to support the content creator and platform. The problem is that Twitch has become increasingly solely depended on a cornerstone of viewer count which provides little to no value and detracts from the actual value and outcomes of engagement on the platform.

Channels are often avoided or attended because the primary metric is focused on viewer count. This is basic psychology at work and…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make the stream preview not lag

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. A way to view a specific type of system i want to watch people play on. Like if I want to find more xbox streamers I can click that option and when i go to browse streamers for a specific game it will only show me streamers streaming on the system I selected. PC, Xbox, PS4, etc.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When browsing Categories by Recommended for You, if I mark a Category as Not Interested, when I then browse Live Channels by Recommended for You, all channels in that category should be filtered out.

For example, I marked ASMR and Pools, Hot Tubs, & Beaches as Not Interested but I still see channels in those categories in the recommended channels section. I have to then mark each individual channel as Not Interested. Just marking the category as not interested should filter all those channels out automatically.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Currently each directory shows only recommendations. Not everyone is interested in them. It would be helpful if we were able to browse directories if we so wanted to. We can only browse all categories and live channels. We need to be able to browse directories by only showing categories and live channels within them. When we click one of the directory banners (Games, IRL, Creative, etc.) instead of only showing recommendations, show three tabs: Categories, Live Channels and Recommended. On the first tab show all the categories part of that directory, on the second tab show all the channels within…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I'd like the ability to Show or Hide streams that are Verified or Follower Only chat modes.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. disabling auto play as an option
    it so i can only see the video i need.
    +save data and bandwige

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. simply said, if twitch wants more non-English speaking viewers, a feature that allow seaching only channels with "caption on" is a must.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Similar to the "LIVE" and viewer count corner overlays ("tw-media-card-image__corners") on live channel preview thumbnails, I believe an uptime counter should show up on hover state, giving the user an idea of how long the stream has been live. Whether it is to discern if your favorite streamer is nearing the end of their broadcast (based on schedule) or for how long they have already been playing the game you were hoping to watch, uptime can play an important role in determining who, how, and when you'll watch. Providing such information without having to click all the way into a…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. High-rank Overwatch streamers usually get ~20 mins of queueing right now and that is often filled with another game or a youtube game.

I suggest a way to only view streams that are in-game, and to automatically go to the next streamer if the current stream doesn't have any gameplay. Or to have some small badge saying "In-Game" show up on the thumbnail.

The easiest way of implementing this is using some lightweight ML Video Classification. I assume you are probably using a GPU to do remux, and you can utilize those GPUs for classification inferencing. You probably won't even…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?