Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

652 results found

1. i dont like that there is no image for the category of pajama sam no need to hide when it's dark outside, It is a game that is streamed quite often and then there is no image and I think that is a pity. I hope you can add an image to this category.

https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Pajama%20Sam%20In%3A%20No%20Need%20to%20Hide%20When%20It's%20Dark%20Outside

Kind regards
    Wouter

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I was trying to stream pokemon mystery dungeon rescute team from my switch and it doesnt have an option in the games

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Having creative show up as a game is okay but really vague. Having different types of art to chose from like games would be really easier for artists and our viewers. Like not everyone who enjoys watching people do textile art like looming enjoys animation, painting, there's a lot of people who prefer traditional or digital, etc.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I found myself interested in streaming my Inkarnate mapmaking process, and I just couldn't find any categories for that.

Inkarnate is a widely used online map making tool, and I really think there's plenty of people out there looking for Inkarnate streams to boost their creativity.

Regards,

dasguteholz

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I've had a thought about Older Game Directories and the problem with there discoverability. Lately, I've personally been streaming under a game category where the follower count does not accurately represent the viewer count ratio.

I never understood the reasoning behind why someone would follow a game directory on Twitch, but, yet the game directory only has 2 - 5 viewers

Examples:
    Pokemon Stadium (1) Follow Count: 46.7K
    Pokemon Stadium (2) Follow Count: 40.7K

Like, who is following?

Granted they are old games, and that goes for most older games on Twitch. The issue is that the Game Directory it'self…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Since Twitch (understandably) seperated the Performing Arts and Music category, I no longer have a way to correctly categorise my Performing Arts show. Categorising it under 'Creative' lost me views this week. We now have at least 5 categories for 'art' and none for Performing Arts that isn't solely music or drag. Please bring a perfomance category back

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I propose the idea of creating your own lists of channels to which you have a subscription.
    When a user has a lot of subscriptions, it is difficult to navigate online channels.
    If you could create your own playlist, where it is possible to add channels for the game, the type of content or any other description that the user can create, it would be convenient.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Its hard to find runners or for the partners to get people into their streams. If there was one category for speed running people could hop around different runs without having to search through 10 games.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Create a channel for philosophy like creative section. People can argue like Socrates's days. Of course with respect

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Communities just released today, and suffers from the same problem that game categories already had: similar categories competing against each other instead of uniting as one. Let people create categories inside other categories so that if you're looking for Super Mario Maker or any other Mario game (for example), you aren't struggling to find two categories with lower viewer counts due to intra-franchise competition.

Also as an aside, please find a way to keep the "rulemakers" of said communities in check. It's ripe for abuse and bad eggs can kill a community easily.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Titles like the Super Smash Bros. games, Street Fighter games, and WWE/WWF wrestling games often attract the same viewers, regardless of which specific game in their series is being played. It would be convenient for viewers and helpful to streamers to provide a page that groups these games together. These could be unique grouping pages similar to broadcaster teams, which would allow regular game categories to continue unchanged. Ideally, these categories should also appear in the game directory to make them more visible to potential viewers.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. There are two identical categories for The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, just with different tags.

People most likely stream in the category with more viewers, but which one of the two that is switches sometimes. It's very confusing and there is no reason to have two seperate categories for the same game anyway.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Categoria para poder hacer directos de programas Deportivos en Directo

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. A problem I have noticed is that any weather-related streams fall into either the IRL, Travel & Outdoors or Science & Technology categories, which affects the discoverability of those types of streams.

With the impacts that weather can have on people, this change would make Twitch another way for people to know that a dangerous storm is approaching. This would be very beneficial to both the streamers and the people watching them by having increased discoverability.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hi dear twitch,
    I'm a product designer and really my job is not supposed to be in "Game & Software Development " or "Art" category it's a different thing and have its own audience!

People doing things in Figma,Photoshop,Illustrator,Framer,Webflow,Spline,Sketch, AdobeXD those cannot be streamed in any available category right now!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Can someone please add this category. Perhaps there isn't a huge demand for educational content but if someone wanted to stream something educational, there's really no category for it. I think having a category like "Educational" is enough to house everyone that has a passion to teach something. Right now, all we have is a tag "educational", which is useful but not a housing feature. I think I remember reading a lot of people upvoting for this category and it resolving into a tag, which seems kind of strange. What if you're trying to stream a math lesson? Sure, I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hi friends! Is there a way to differentiate two games called "Copycat" and "CopyCat" in categories? One is coming in 2024, other is listed as 2019 but unreleased, yet both links take me to the page of an unreleased "CopyCat" game instead of the new one.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Minesweeper is a barely streamed game, yet there are 71 categories of Minesweeper and Minesweeper variants. Merging those into 2 would make it easier for people to find, follow, and popularize this pretty much singular game.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?