Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Serious either disable or give me the option to disable autoplay on the front page and anywhere else you have autoplay.

603 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

45 comments  ·  Front Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The discovery page lacks a "Play Random" feature. It might be fun and interesting to enter a random stream in a Category. It might help casual and new users find entertaining streams much easily and faster.
    The user that clicks on the button will be forwarded to a random stream in the previously chosen category. To find another stream the user will simply click on the same button that will appear on the header of the page.

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Front Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Promising streamers with quality streams and good content under 50 viewers that deserve to get a push up the ladder. Recommended by twitch staff as a jury so streamers can't abuse the system. Addmission through form. Partnered streamers have the front page but promising affiliates that could be partnered deserve a light too.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Front Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. As many of you know twitch has little to no discoverability so I considered ideas on how that could change. Engagement is a huge part of a strong community and this system would reward it. The idea came to me from the Pre Roll Ad function. Pre roll ads are the ads you encounter when entering a streamers stream and twitch has a way to temporarily turn them OFF. When you manually run an ad from the dashboard the Pre Roll Ads turn off for a designated amount of time based on the length of the ad you ran. So…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Front Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Would be great to let users customize there following page, by creating categories made by themselves. For example if I follow a lot of league of legends streamers, as user I want to create a category that groups up streamers that play more ARAM.
    In world of warcraft I want to create a category on my following page for streamers that focus content on PVP. It would be easy for me to look up for what I wanna watch.

Other way would be using the title of the streamer to improve the following page, by the game they are playing…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Il faudrait mettre en place un systéme alétoire de mise en avant des streams, cela créera une dépendance plus grande des streamers à twitch car espérant gagner le gros lot " mise en avant " mais aussi cela permettrai aux viewers de découvrir des streamers talentueux et de récompenser les personnes vraiment douées et méritantes.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Remove the homepage video/stream playing.

Please add an option to not have a random video playing in the homepage when accessing twitch (the top carousel of 4-5 channels that automatically play when accessing twitch.tv). I shouldn't be forced to bookmark whatever subpage, and maybe I feel like just browsing the different games/categories. It's annoying to have random streams that I have nothing to do with and even profously dislike start playing when I access twitch.tv. It makes me not want to use twitch and it definitely makes me really not want to view / listen to the stream that's up…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. You should make lesser known channels more easily there for viewers to see. Because more watched channels are at the top of the list and are the first thing people click on, the new channels and lesser known ones are short-changed meaning they don't get as many views making it harder for them to become noticed and gain more followers. It really is a simple fix, we need a balanced home page, like YouTube. Let's say you watched GTA or FiveM for GTA being streamed on PC. The person should receive suggestions from both new and old channels on there…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 99.9999% of streamers are loud and obnoxious, please add an option to not have some random stream open when i first visit this site's front page. I hate managing which sites i mute through the browser.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Increase discoverability and browsability:

The discover page should feature a section with a continuous, hashtag filterable, clips section. In an internet browser ala Firefox there should be a possibility to hover to follow and/or like a clip without leaving the page and the possibility to click through to a user's page. The algorithm should focus on a mixture of fresh content, and popular content, and ideally "learn" from the users actions.

On the mobile app this should be the FIRST and only feature on the front page, with the hamburger menu or swipe action available for changing focus.

This would…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The front page of Twitch is overwhelmed with "recommended channels" and is great at face value but, what if a viewer could customize the front page of Twitch to there liking? To only see discovered broadcasts they customized with tools provided on the main page. For example, Viewers would click on a cogwheel per se and filter out broadcasts with a multiple choice of boxes that can be changed at will and stay like that until otherwise. If I only want to see Twitch affiliate streams with webcam that have less then 10 viewers and only playing FPS games a…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. You should create a twitch channel that is kinda like a talk show. Where you bring streamers on big or small. They can come on describe their twitch experience as well as how they got started, the games they play, their schedules, etc. I believe that will help up an coming streamers as well as give streamers an Avenue to get discovered by new viewers. I also believe it would be a good mix with the streamers on the front page. You could do like a daily show or weekly and highlight said streamer with a raid and spotlight after…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Provide more discoverability for affiliates this can help us feel more inclined to do better quality streams for the faster audience growth!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. My suggestion is for the small channels and for those who are starting with Twitch. It is very difficult to start your community and that's why Twitch could implement a system in which viewers would be rewarded for watching channels that are with few viewers like 1 to 5 or 5 to 10...
    These rewards could be an exclusive random emotes or 'Twitch Prime' of short duration (a few hours or days) in which viewers could choose their streamer to give a prime subscription or be able to exchange for bits to send your message.
    Other types of rewards can…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. During these tough times of pandemic with lot of travel restrictions, it would be great idea to promote IRL outdoor streamers who are providing an outlet of joy to viewers who are stuck in cities and countries stricken with covid-19. Please promote IRL streamers by having them on the main page. Its a category that has been marginalized and ignored ever since its introduction on twitch.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. As someone who loves watching and supporting small streamers, it is very discouraging to find them through looking at all the streamers playing a certain game.

Right now there is a filter option which can be either set to "Recommended" or "Viewer count high to low". This would mean I either have to look through my recommended (which are also not very accurate as most of them are just streamers with 100+ watchers right at the top) or scroll all the way down if I filter on "high to low" viewer count.

By making "Low to high viewer count" an…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. in the app or website most viewers always see black & purple as the twitch default colors scheme. what if in the app or website when someone views a stream not only do they see their favorite streamers custom panels,icons,emotes and banner but they also see different color combos to make the streamers colors match up even more!!!????

it would give the streamer more room to be creative and give every stream that extra POP it rightfully deserves.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. In dark mode, it is fully black making anything over it over contrasted. Light mode is fully white and too bright.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Front Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I opened up the site today and the very first thing I heard was "f this, f that," something of which I do not want my child to hear. Since I don't get the "mature audience" acceptance on these featured streamers, I don't have a way to not have that broadcast until I rotate the carousel or click on a subscribed channel.

Please be more selective in who you are featuring.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. i have no interest in watching sports I'm not a sports nerd and seeing sports in the main feed immediately turns me of the webpage, I have blocked these channels in the past but that doesn't even seem to work anymore make it so we can directly block channels if your going to keep pushing sports which i have zero interest in watching or memorizing stats or watching someone on their couch talk about sports

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?