Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. -- In Software and Game Development
    main :: IO ()
    main = putStrLn "please?"

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey y’all! Wanted to let everyone know that we now have a “Haskell” tag on Twitch!

Thanks for the feedback and as always please let us know if there are any other tags you’d like to see!

2. With over 350 new tags added, I was immensely disappointed to see the lack of a tag for the Jewish community. Jewishness is an ethnoreligion, not just a religion, and we deserve to be able to find each other just like any other community.

187 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey all!

Just wanted to check back in on this thread and let you guys know that we have gone ahead and added a jewish tag to Twitch.

Thank you so much for your feedback on this and please let us know if there are any other tags you would like to see added to Twitch.

3. Disabled gamers often face more or different hardships than abled streamers do. There are so many amazing users on Twitch who are disabled, and they deserve a "disabled" tag. Disabled streamers need a way to find each other and weave our communities together, and disabled viewers need a way to find streamers they want to watch and connect with.

1,158 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

67 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey All!

We’re really excited to share that not only have we added a “Disabled” tag, but we have also added more than 350 other tags to Twitch. If you feel we missed anything pertinent, please let us know.

For more information, you can take a look at our blog post at https://blog.twitch.tv/en/2021/05/26/celebrate-yourself-and-your-community-with-350-new-tags/. Please continue to share ideas and feedback you have to UserVoice!

4. recently, a large amount of tags were added to help identify the streamer, in my eyes a great idea for helping build communities of support. however, since most of these tags were put out suddenly in a large list, some of us feel like a very jarring tag was missed: Plural.
    Plurality is a complicated, varied concept, yet still a extremely important identifier for many of us. Currently, the only way for us to tag our plurality is with the "dissociative dissorder" tag, but this is not actually helpful, Dissociative dissorders are also complicated and varied, with many dissociative dissorders…

169 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there!

Just wanted to post and let you all know that we now have a ‘plural’ tag live on Twitch.

Thank you so much for the feedback on this and please let us know if you have any other tags you would like to see live on the site!

5. I believe a worldbuilding tag would be good for writers, tabletops players and creators of all kinds. There is currently no tag to find or promote that kind of stream. Looking forward to see it or have something similar! :D

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone! Happy to share that the “Worldbuilding” tag is now live :D

Thank you all for your feedback and please do let us know if you have other suggestions for tags!

6. I think it's great that 'body positive' will now be one of the stream tags, but it would be helpful to also include 'plus size' as one of the stream tags. Body positivity can represent a wide range of body types, however this would most likely not highlight those that are on the higher end of the spectrum. Those that are a size 20+. It would also give greater visibility to a group that is often marginalized within society. Adding 'plus size' as one of the tags will take the 'body positive' tag one step further and help those who…

143 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey all!

Super excited to share that this tag is now live on the site!

Thank you so much for this feedback and let us know if there are any other tags you would like to see on the site!

7. "Flow Arts": As the current world condition has taken us from previous live festivals and performance, many Flow Artists and Dancers are turning to virtual and broadcasted live performances of their talents. Traditionally, we as dancers, hula-hoop performers, jugglers, poi spinners and other similar disciplines, have had to gravitate towards the "Music & Performance Art" category. (With no specific tag identifying us as with Flow Artists, nor dancers). Now that Twitch has adjusted back to "Music" as the original category, we have migrated to "just chatting"; it doesn't really identify our community at all, among others that actually do feature…

825 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

98 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey all!

Super excited to share we now have a flow arts tag on Twitch!

Thank you so much for the feedback on this and please let us know if you have any other tags you would like to see on Twitch.

8. Recently there has been a change from ethnicity based tags to country based tags (ex. Puerto Rican became Puerto Rico, Cuban became Cuba, Filipino became Philippines). Dominicans have been completely erased as there was not even a tag for the Dominican Republic added, just Dominica, and they are not the same country.

This leaves many of us who identify with a certain ethnicity but do not actually live in that country in a weird spot. We should be able to proudly show our ethnicity regardless of where we live. I think that both tags are useful so I would keep…

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks so much for sharing this feedback. We took a look at our tags list and understood where you’re coming from. While we originally made this change to better differentiate from our language tags, the change to country names wasn’t clear. We’re sorry for any frustration this change has caused.

Thanks to your feedback, we’ve reinstated tags including Filipino, Cuban, Dominican Republic and Puerto Rican. If there are other tags you would like to see, please submit them individually in a new post. We appreciate all the feedback you and others have shared to help us improve the Tags experience!

9. A veteran tag would allow the various veteran streaming communities to find each other, and assist each other better. Many veterans stream to help others fighting PTSD, trauma, and veteran suicide.

333 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. As a type 1 diabetic I quite enjoy meeting other diabetics and discussing the various challenges and experiences we share.

It's helpful to discover other type 1 diabetics, as it combats the sense of isolation you can experience, and often can help normalise the struggles.

There are approximately 1.6m Americans with type 1 diabetes, in my short time on twitch I have personally encountered 10 fellow type 1 diabetics which I believe shows a relatively high density on the platform.

I suggest both a type-1diabetes tag and a type-2-diabetes tag. I feel it's important to differentiate between the two and…

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey all!

Excited to share that we now have Type 1 Diabetes and Type 2 Diabetes tags live on Twitch.

Thank you so much for this feedback and please let us know if there are any other tags you would like to see added to the site!

11. Satanism both theistic and non-theistic is a growing and expanding religion and set of beliefs. There are numerous streamers out there who are members of the many different sects, including myself, and we would love to see this added as another tag to help represent us better.

With the addition of other religious groups such as Christianity, Atheism, and Paganism, it would be nice to be included.

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello there! Wanted to give an update on this that the “Satanist” tag is now live on Twitch.

Thank you all so much for your feedback on this, and please let us know if there are other tags you’d like to see in the future!

12. Add a "Parents" tag so we can find each other on Twitch and share advice and be perpetually exhausted together.

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey all!

Just letting you guys know that the Parent tag is now live on Twitch!

Thank you so much for your feedback on this and please let us know if there are any tags you would like to see added to the site!

13. Add a tag or tags such as Polygamy or Polyamory and Polyamorous for streamers who are poly and streams discussing it on an open platform.

106 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey all!

Excited to share that we now have a Polyamorous tag on Twitch!

Thank you so much for this feedback and please let us know if there are any tags you would like to see added to the site!

14. 2S folks deserve representation too!

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey all!

Super excited to share that we now have a Two-Spirit tag now on Twitch!

Thank you so much for your feedback on this. Please let us know if there are any other tags you would like to see added to Twitch.

15. Spirituality / Metaphysics are encompassing terms for ideas revolving around the nature of reality and the role of conscious experience in it. While more prevalent today in eastern philosophy, these ideas are EXTREMELY popular and on the rise on Youtube (through the likes of Alan Watts to name 1 of TONS of examples) and have been around / echoed in some way by every human civilization through time. Unfortunately, at the moment there isn't a tag available for it.

Thank you.

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  12 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. The Touhou Category got removed or renamed, removing it would be very detrimental to the community on twitch.

623 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

85 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Our community would like to see the Multiple Sclerosis tag as an option for them to use.

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello hello, just wanted to pop in and let y’all know that the “Multiple Sclerosis” tag is now live on Twitch.

Thank you all for your feedback on this post, and please let us know if you have any other suggestions for tags!

18. I am an addict in recovery and I’m transparent about this on my channel. As my channel grows each day I have the honor of learning more and more there are people in recovery, or wanting to be in recovery, who are coming to the channel to seek the safe space of this understanding.

As an addict it’s important to surround yourself with a community of people that will be healthy for you and it’s also important to see that recovery is very possible. I believe adding a recovery tag of some sort will help addicts find these safe spaces.…

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone! Thank you all for your feedback on this – We’re happy to announce that we’ve added a “Recovery” tag on Twitch!

Please let us know if you’d like to see other tags created in the future. Enjoy the streams!

19. Many of us in the ace/aro/aspec community (and other parts of the LGBTQIA2+ community) view romantic attraction & ****** attraction as 2 separate things. Adding in these tags would allow us to show more of our identity, and as we all know identity is content.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey all!

Reaching out to let you all know that we now have Biromantic and Panromantic as tags on the site now! You are now able to use them on your streams or also filter by them if you would like.

Thank you so much for this feedback and please let us know if there are any other tags you would like to see added to Twitch.

20. Every time I am trying to find a programming or game development stream to watch (which is a very specific type of stream) I get lost in all the growing plants and raising chickens 24/7 streams. While on the other hand there are a lot of programming and or game development streams that really deserve their own category. Being a part of the live-coders community I feel that splitting science & technology in a more granular way would benefit everybody. Both in terms of search-ability and clarity.

1,676 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

118 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?