Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

62 results found

1. On the sidebar: Make it so I can add or pin a specific channel to this bar. I use this sidebar to see when some channels are live that have a lower view count so they would appear lower on my followed list but higher on the sidebar, HOWEVER, some channels that don't go live that often (once a week or less) don't show up here even though I watch them every time they go live.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add a refresh button for 'Followed Channels' (and 'Recommended Channels') list/bar. I know this list updates itself, but I also know it's not realtime. A refresh button would do the trick. It could be placed next to the 'Sort by' button.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow mouseover browsing from PC of followed channels while currently watching a channel.

This will allow people to check in for a snapshot of what's going on in additional channels, and give a viable reason for people to stay on site without having to jump stream to stream.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When you follow a large number of channels, eventually the Show More expansion of the side bar follow list maxes out and turns to Show Less, even though more followed channels that are live remain to be seen

Confirmed this behavior with addons disabled in Firefox browser and by comparing visible channels in the sidebar to channels on the Live tab of the Following page

This has the added effect that, following too many channels, means small channels can no longer be seen via the sidebar

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I like the idea of grouping channels we follow into different categories, so you can find a channel you'd like to participate in, depending on the time you have, or the mood you're in.

Say you follow ChannelA, ChannelB, ChannelC, and ChannelD.
    ChannelA and ChannelC are quiet, cosy streamers.
    ChannelB and ChannelD are chaotic, high-energy streamers.

You're feeling kinda tired and want to wind down, so you click on where it says "followed channels" (underneath For You), and you click "sort by", and you click on the category you want, in this instance, "cosy streamers" (named and organised by you),…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We should be able to set our own default sorting instead of having to change it every time. I will ALWAYS switch from recommended to viewers high to low, every time. And it's pretty annoying having to change it every time instead of being able to just set my preference for it and have it automatically set to what I like, instead of what you want me to see.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When a streamer's category is set to any of the 45 games in the "The Legend of Zelda:" series (except for the first one), the sidebar will only read "The Legend of Zel...".
    This leaves it unclear which Zelda game the streamer is playing, until you hover over their entry in the sidebar.

Renaming the categories, e.g. from "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time" to "Zelda: Ocarina of Time", would fix this.
    The first game in the series should still be called "The Legend of Zelda" since it doesn't have a second title.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I saw that this got recently updated, and now has a "Recommended for You" option which just seems to be random (probably yet another dumb algorithm for streamers to figure out.) And there's an option to sort "Viewers (High to Low)" as it was before this feature was introduced. Why can't we sort Viewers (Low to High) though? If you can sort High to Low, why not the opposite? I'm still going to have to scroll down to find smaller streamers I want to support anyway, and the "Recommended" sorting order just makes them harder to find, if anything.

It…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Why have the channels that you follow been moved off of the side bar. I rarely watch live and having easy and quick access to channels that I follow regardless of whether they are live or not is important.

The side bar currently only contains; your followed channels that are currently live (this is good keep it) & recommended channels (this is useless, as the front page already has this and does it better, remove it. its using valuable space unnecessarily)

Bring back followed channels to the side bar, live ones at the top and offline ones under. Nothing else.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. How about adding choices to the Sorting list, about "the Streamers list we followed" like "A to Z" , "Z to A" , "Game" and so on...

Because i think, the Sortation of only one choice from "much to little"
    is not enough!

Regards Cerberus__666

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ao clicar nos ícones laterais dos canais, está aparecendo Not a Number (NaN), no lugar do número dos espectadores.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I would like to see the uptime of a stream when I hover my mouse over their name, in the side bar list of followed channels. I believe this could help in quickly finding a channel to raid into, that isn't about to end or is still in a starting screen. Maybe it could be an option to toggle on/off in settings.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The current default interface forces me to scroll down and use a menu to see my followed and subscribed channels.

These should be the most prominent options rather than jamming a bunch of recommendations in my face first.

The previous version was much more user friendly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Currently the order of live channels I follow is whomever started streaming first is at the front or far left of screen. And whomever recently went live at the end or far right of screen. So if there are 12 live streams I have to scroll with my remote past 1-11 to the most recently live channel 12. I want to see my preferred subbed channel 100% of the time over other live content.

It would be great if I could "pin" channels to the front. So every time I boot up the app the are front and center. Quick…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. On twitch tv desktop clicking ‘show more’ to stay alert of when your favourite streamers broadcast is obfuscated when the algorithm is constantly background refreshing recommended channels. This is a nuisance because users can miss broadcast updates, especially if notifications are disabled.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Can you please make it so we can ALWAYS expand our following list no matter how big the window is? Currently with certain size windows you only show us the profile thumbnails.

This ALWAYS erks me that im forced to make the window bigger in order to see whos online!

Thanks!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Ana responded

Hey there,

Thank you for your feedback. Just letting you know that I have moved it to Discover > Channel List (Sidebar) for further consideration. Thanks.

17. Please please please can there be a setting to turn the pin/unpin this channel off !
    I'm using 2 monitors and for whatever reason the new pin/unpin feature pop up appears constantly in all the streams streams ! It blocks a fair part of the video screen. Constantly... please allow us to switch this feature off !! Its so annoying.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The pin feature has proven pretty useless in general but the feature has made watching streams on desktop a chore. The hover window will pop up unpromoted while working on another monitor, please make it an option on the channel itself or make the hover more conditional.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Until a few days ago the "following channels" sidepanel has also shown channels that are offline, just with a greyed out version of their profile picture. But now that those are not shown anymore, there is no more visual clue on whether there are more channels live that you follow than there are shown on that sidepanel when it is not expanded.

To fix that issue I would propose the follling approach (but I'm also open for other suggestions):
    Once there are more channels you follow are live than fit on that list, instead of showing the last one of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I follow a lot of people who stream gambling content but the moment they start streaming slots etc., they disappear from the followed channels list. I've been following some of these people particularly for their gambling content but I can't even see whether they are live and this simply forces me to visit all channels one by one to see if they are online or not. This unsolicited censorship is completely uncalled-for, I want to watch content creators I like regardless of the content they're streaming.

Please remove this filter or make it optional. Not every Twitch user is 12…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?