Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Twitch is increasingly seeing success in large, full-time partnered streamers who seem to be growing in mainstream recognition and opportunities, but what is or can Twitch do to help dedicated small streamers get visibility to avoid a YouTube-like situation where it's only for the celebrities.

2,169 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

118 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Following up my comment on https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310210-discover/suggestions/42218083-pronouns-prefix

It would be great if there were a dedicated Bio field in which we could put our pronouns, and a chat feature similar to the functionality provided by https://pronouns.alejo.io/ to display pronouns right alongside names in chat. This could also be used to populate a tag-like display near the streamer's name.

Tags for streamers are a start, but I'd like to be able to consult someone's bio (if they choose to disclose pronouns) so I can refer to them properly when they're not currently streaming and be able to refer to viewers properly.

198 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Twitch automatically generates thumbnail images that are shown in the grid view when scrolling through a category at random times from the stream output .

With most categories on Twitch the automatic thumbnail feature is just fine, as the content on stream matches up with what you want to show for discovery.
    However, with the "Software and Game Development" category that is not necessarily the case.

The best way for people to discover me is to be interested in the game I make. Optimally the thumbnail would show me showing off the current state of the game and people that…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Or give streamers and mods an option to just ban someone from chat, or ban them from watching the stream completely.

This would be beneficial for multiple reasons, for example it would help battle stream sniping, instances of stalking, harrassment, etc.

this has been voiced on twitter many times, time for it to be voiced here too

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. On September 24th I posted an idea for a new app for Twitch that would be like TikTok or YouTube for Twitch clips, this is because short form content is much more consumable.

Upon discussion and feedback from streamers this should not be an app, since it would be much harder to get people to download and use the app. Instead this should be built right into the site already.

On the front page where you see the 4 purple buttons that say Games, IRL, Music and ESports, there should be a 5th tab called Discover or maybe better yet…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. There needs to be a biannual event where the entire Twitch community can celebrate and help uplift the hard work us small streamers put in when planning something special for our communities only to end up with little to no payoff.

For this, it could be setup a set of benefits that are active to any streamer who has been streaming actively for six months atleast and is currently streaming below an average of 20 viewers:

Outside of any contractual agreements with companies, (i.e, Nintendo Directs, major game reveal streams, etc) the entire Front Page is taken over by small…

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. November is Native American/Alaska Native Heritage month do you have any plans to highlight this or feature Native Streamers?

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I would really like it if twitch would include our stream titles, vod title, and clip titles in the sites meta description so it shows up in (close to real time) google search.

I recently browsed a stream on Trovo live and found that they do in real time syncing with google search twitch does not.

By even reverse searching twitch stream titles nothing shows up in google search, this is frustrating.

I would also like to be able to search in twitch for stream/clip,vod titles and have them show up in a search results page.

please add this

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. This would be every month have new creators highlighted in those sections. This would be a great way to promote twitch ambassadors more as well as creators that are really just making great content regardless of their small size. Right now its incredibly difficult to get any exposure on twitch and i think this would be great right now.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. A lifetime subscription should be available for Affiliates to give to 1 bot account. This would prevent affiliates from having to pay for a Tier 3 sub for their own bot every month.

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow prediction creator to specify a limit, so viewers don't lose most of their channel points.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hello, I am a Luxembourish streamer and I'd be happy to be able to choose Luxembourgish as my streaming language. It is difficult for the luxembourgish community to find new Luxembourish streams/streamers, because we can not search for our language.
    I hope you can give us this possibility.
    Thank you for a little feedback.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I would love to see a site wide discoverability feature that universally lets me or any user "hide streams that are all 18+ content. " With a very simple toggle button to hide those channels.

In addition to this, having all 18+ content not visible in any discovery page if a user is not logged in to the site.

to clarify: 18 plus content may or may not include political or sensitive topics, graphic video games, or catergories etc.

Being able to quickly toggle and categorize these channels either universally help create targeted ads for these channels, potentially turn ads…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When looking for people to raid, it's hard to tell who uses exclusive chats like Sub-only or Follower-only. I think this could easily be fixed by adding a little icon or label that marks ALL streams that are follower-only, sub-only, or open to everyone when browsing for streams.

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Have a toggle for all areas of site to filter content by total hours watched to give preference to users watching history.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please add Not Interested function to regular channel browsing as well so we can filter out streams that we DO NOT wish to watch.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. A system that you can opt into that will direct opted in users (at random) to a random partner/affiliate channel who has opted into receiving. Similar to a host; it pulls in any users that want to use this feature to find new content creators. Like a user account signed up for this would be told they are "traveling " to a new channel. A creator signed up for this would receive a messaged like "Get ready!" because the users "traveling" are coming.

• (50-1000) a cap to split the signed up base into multiple groups to be sent to multiple…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Twitch Reels

It isn't a secret that discoverability on twitch is not the best. Every social media that exist has already jumped on this trend and integrated reels onto their platform.

Imagine a world where Twitch is not just a streaming site but the center of all gaming content. Adding a reels feature would take Twitch to a whole new level. It would be amazing for creators and consumers. It would single handedly fix the the clear discoverability problem Twitch is dealing with today.

Although Twitch would have to put in time to create a working algorithm that doesn't just…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. There are certain features exclusive to the desktop client (such as Minecraft modding) that would be beneficial to Linux users if it was officially supported as a platform by Twitch.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Since only Partners can run a Stream team, and since "communities" can't be shown on the stream page easily anymore. It'd be really good to have something like "Guild" or "Guild Play" or "Guilded Gaming" something along those lines to be able to denote a stream featuring Players from the same guild doing things. This would also allow guilds to showcase their gameplay and let people look at streams in a game that are featuring such gameplay to find guilds that they would mesh with personality wise!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?