Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

64 results found

1. It's really annoying when I try to add tags that obviously would fit to the game but twitch has predetermined ones for each game.

Even if you try to add an "open world" tag to a pretty obvious open world game twitch doesn't accept it. Instead the "Done" button transforms into a greyed out "Updating..." button and the window doesn't close.

Why can I even add these tags if twitch refuses to use the anyway?

Either the tags should be in the list at all depending on what game you choose or at least a warning message should pop up…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The ability to set tags for a channel, or community, which are permanent until manually changed, and separate from the tags for a stream. With the new influx of tags for identity or community description, it's difficult for people to describe both their community, and their content. Additionally, the community tags would be something that would be the same for EVERY stream for most people, and would give viewers an idea of what a channel is about, even when they are offline, thereby helping people find communities that they can relate to and make it easier on streamers who want…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Currently, there is no way to use the Helix API to inspect the custom tags of a given stream. Previously, with the preset tag list, the Get-Streams endpoint (https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/api/reference#get-streams) would include an array of tag_ids, which could then be inspected to filter streams automatically. This is still included in responses, and still contains the language tag, but doesn't include any information on custom tags.

This is an issue because bots which previously relied upon the pre-set tag list to filter streams can no longer use tag information at all, because they cannot see custom tags in any way.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Trying to decide which variation on a tag to use can be guesswork in the current system. When entering a tag, the function should show similar tags in use and indicate in some way which tags are popularly used and/or searched, such as number of live streams with the tag. Platforms such as Twitter have a similar feature when entering a hashtag.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tags  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be great if the search tags option had the "old" tags that have been updated for the new system still there and searchable via autocomplete. As it stands, there are no searchable tags by autocomplete (i.e. you have to input any tags manually to search for them). Also, the ability to use wildcards or the ability for the search to be inclusive of letters after what you've searched for would be great. As an odd example, if you searched for the "app" tag, the "apple" tag would also pop up.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I need automatic label translation!!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. A feature that lets u save tag clusters. For example, i play 3 different games and stream and i have to manually write all the tags that are relevant but if i change game then i have to do the whole process all over again but if i could save those specific tags as 'Tags save #1' or 'tags for so-and-so game', it would lessen time in preparing monumentally.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Give us access to make custom tags, in-twitch obs for consoles, chat in xbox(as streamer). creacte some kind of "Hypezone" twitch channel(like in mixer.com).

May the Twitch Bless me.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. "DisabilityAwareness" should be a usable tag. It signifies the channel shows a particular importance for issues and topics regarding people with disabilities. As it stands, Twitch doesn't allow its use due to some automatic moderation. Why is DisabilityAwareness moderated out? Could this be fixed?

Thank you.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    More Info Needed  ·  Ana responded

Where is this moderated out? When testing this, I was able to add the tag to my stream info. Please let me know. Thanks.

10. Whenever a person searches a category such as music, a game title, or whatever, one is presented with a list of Twitch streamers that are currently streaming under said category the viewer has chosen to search through.

Currently one is unable to view all the tags that are associated with a channel under a category one is search for unless selecting each streamer individually to view all of their assigned tags.

I would like the option under one's own account settings to enable all tags to be shown after selecting a category rather than having to individually view a streamer's…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. With the new tag system we lost special characters in tag names, most importantly the % sign. 100% is a very common stream tag, and for speedrunners many speedrunning categories also use the % sign (e.g. Any%, Low%) and it would be great if we could tag things properly. Right now we have to choose between a couple different unusual variations to get these (100, 100Percent, HundredPercent, Hundo, etc) which limits discoverability, especially since we can only have 10 tags.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The LGBTQ community uses a number of short forms that all mean the same thing like LGBTQ LGBTQ+ LGBTQIA and so on the system reads each of these searches as different tags.

The new tag system is great but I have to use 5 tags one for bisexual and 4 for spelling variation on LGBTQ or I miss anyone who's searching a different spelling.

My solution on your profile allow you to set these commonly used types of tags. Gender, Sexuality, Pronouns, Ethnicity.

These are tags I see alot that get reused every stream and take up slots that could…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please for the LOVE of god make the search tags within Game Browsing permanent!! Its on my fing last nerve having to type in english for every game EVERY SINGLE FING TIME I look for new streams to watch. This wasnt a problem before twitch changed shish up. CHANGE IT BACK

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. why is "white" and "straight" not allowed as a stream tag? i feel that there is no issue with these terms and this is twitch actively being discriminatory towards people with these attributes. why also is "i hate men" allowed and "i hate women" not? this is backwards logic when you parade "inclusivity" for all who are not white, straight and male, what did they do to you? can we have a platform that is unbiased when it comes to politics and be inclusive for all and not just everyone who is progressive?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I think tags are a great way to find streamers easily so I think Twitch should encourage streamers to use tags

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. This will make it a lot quicker and easier to use tags. Currently we can only search for them manually which is time consuming and cumbersome. This feature already existed for a while in the Music directory until custom tags were introduced and broke it. There used to be a "Browse by Trending Genres" row at the top of the page. Turn that into a global feature to show on all pages, but for tags instead of genres, and let viewers choose between favorite tags, recently/frequently used tags, and recommended/suggested tags. Should probably avoid showing trending/popular tags just to keep…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. can we please get a increase tag limit to 20 to have more of a chance to be noticeable for streamers trying to get the channel out there that would be fantastic

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I see a lot of 18+ only streamers not putting anything showing it’s an 18+ stream. So when a teenager watches them for a while and then says their age they get banned. Which can really hurt teenagers feelings especially if they enjoyed someone’s content.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I think something changed semi-recently, so that when you try to filter by language, it shows you literally exactly 100 options, but none of them are right, and often have different results. For example, when I try to filter channels in English in a Browse, the top 8 options are "ënglish" "englísh" "englis h" "ENGLISH" "engLish" "ENGlish" "englisH" What is the utility of this? How am I supposed to determine the correct one when there are 100 options? None of them just say "English"

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?