Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

65 results found

1. Games with trigger warnings, especially ones that could be dangerous to a viewer like "photosensitivity warning" or "dark matter" warning should have those tags automatically added to any stream with the game to prevent medical issues for viewers stumbling into the stream.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Remove Schizophrenia as a stream tag.

Use it properly or not at all.

Mental health tags are routinely misused on this platform to the point of novelty.

For that matter remove Autism.

I am mentally exhausted and I am physically sick of reporting streamers who turn the mental illnesses of me and my family into marginalizing jokes on this platform only to see absolutely nothing happen even after months of waiting.

You do not “promote awareness” of mental illnesses by allowing any idiot with a computer and without a diagnosis to use our disabilities and misrepresent us for their own…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Enable users to block specific tags, such as 'first-person camera' in order to avoid being recommended categories or videos that trigger motion sickness.

This would also be helpful for avoiding content that may be distressing (e.g. blocking the horror tag) and just for avoiding whole genres of games that don't interest you (e.g. FPS tag), rather than having to mark individual categories for single games as 'not interested'.

187 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. By adding tags involving mental illness Twitch is promoting self diagnosis and the glorification of mental illness. As a medically diagnosed schizophrenic I and others like me have suffered and continue to suffer tremendously from mental illness. By making tags such as schizophrenia available to Twitch streamers you not only open the opportunity for using a debilitating illness as a marketing tool but also encourage individuals to either pretend to be mentally ill, self diagnose themselves as mentally ill, or glorify mental illness in order to benefit from these tags. All of these are tremendously damaging to the mentally ill…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tags  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 트위치에 많은 필터링 시스템을 놔두시고.. 왜 VRChat에서 게임만 하는사람과 브이튜버에서 게임만 하는분들도 있는데 게임항목에 영어말고 한국사람중 종합게임만 하시는 브이튜버와 VRChat에서 종합게임만 하시는 VRChat한국사람들

검색 필터링에 태그 언어기능같은곳에 한국사람 한국어권 브이튜버 geim태그와 VRChat에서 종합게임하시는 한국어VRChat geim유저태그를 시스템적으로 방제목 밑에 geim브이튜버 태그 VRCha geim유저태그 즉 한국어 태그설정에 종합게임만 하는 브이튜버사람과 종합게임만 하는 VRChat게임유저들 보기편하게 시스템적으로 필터링 검색기능으로 할수잇게 만들어주세요

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. that you are obliged to insert the tag Roleplaying in the stream for a game that contains Roleplaying. Like Gta5 Rp with the tag Roleplay

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. With the ever growing amount of tags (thank you!), it can be difficult to keep up with new additions and find the most applicable tags.

In order to help creators/editors utilize the most relevant tags, it would be very helpful if the initial list that is populated when searching for tags is recommended based off of the Stream Title - since many may not be aware of all of the tags that are available.

An example title of "Celebrating 1 Year on Twitch" would show Anniversary, Hyped, and Chatty tags first in the list - without having to type anything…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. With the new tags being added, there is now a LONG list of tags to choose from. This is good.

However, it looks very daunting. It would be helpful to group these under headings (IE 'LGBTQIA+' tags are grouped under 'LGBTQIA+' group, regional tags such as British, American, Welsh tags can go under a 'Regional' group, same with charities, activities etc)

It just makes it easier to browse / find tags we're looking for and might be interested in.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The removal of the "blind playthrough" tag was made in an attempt to be more inclusive of those with vision based disabilities, however the move of taking tags away effectively hurts more streamers in the long run than it helps (myself included, I have a visual impairment and play new games all the time on my stream, so blind playthrough is quite literal). For reference, I could count 16 tags directed towards speedrunning (a small subset of content creators on twitch, though quite popular in its own right.) and not a single one directed towards gaming with a disability.

Instead…

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When switching category to a game that gives an epilepsy warning, could the auto-tag system also add in an "Epilepsy Warning" tag to be able to filter through.

768 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. If twitch can't be bothered to get the default tags for games correct, which is obviously going to happen with any organization of this size working at this speed, then at least allow me to disconnect tags that don't describe what I'm doing. IE when I'm playing X-Plane 11, a flight simulator, why am I getting "Stealth" "RTS" and "Strategy"? Let -me- manage my tags, because you're bad at it. I appreciate the suggestions I get, but if you've got default tags that suck, I should be able to remove them. This should always have been a capability we should…

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When tags were first introduced you were recommended tags that you could just throw on for a game like for example you would be playing Pokemon and "First Playthrough, Blind Playthrough, 100%, and more" would show up instantly because those made the most sense for the game. Now it doesn't do that and i have to type in the tags manually.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. If I decide to go to the Search Tags, and I wanted to type in "Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Multiplayer" it should go directly to all Twitch Streamers that's playing Multiplayer only.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The ability to set tags for a channel, or community, which are permanent until manually changed, and separate from the tags for a stream. With the new influx of tags for identity or community description, it's difficult for people to describe both their community, and their content. Additionally, the community tags would be something that would be the same for EVERY stream for most people, and would give viewers an idea of what a channel is about, even when they are offline, thereby helping people find communities that they can relate to and make it easier on streamers who want…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. A feature that lets u save tag clusters. For example, i play 3 different games and stream and i have to manually write all the tags that are relevant but if i change game then i have to do the whole process all over again but if i could save those specific tags as 'Tags save #1' or 'tags for so-and-so game', it would lessen time in preparing monumentally.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hey Twitch, how to create a tag that can include everyone and identities? Simple, treat it like Twitter treats hashtags. Customizable, searchable, clickable, and can trend. Two customizable tags to add per stream customizable each stream. With user utilization this can lead to specific areas of creative or terms that harassment trolls won't know offhand but growing communities that band together behind a tag, like groups, but more easy to lead to discovery or search.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. If someone is a variety caster it would be helpful to have tags in sets so the streamer can choose from one set of tags they chose for each category of stream.

Example:

Set 1: PvE, Mode: Survivial
    Set 2: Outdoors, IRL
    Set 3: Cooking, Baking

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. So about a week ago, I checked my channel analytics to see how I was doing. I scroll through everything to see what works and what doesn't, though, was surprised to find that some people who had been watching me had "originally" "found" me did so by looking for the tag Disabled Veteran.

You'll notice the two words that are being put in quotations. I do this specifically for 2 reasons:

1 - I have never and will never use the Disabled Veteran tag as I am not disabled, nor have I ever been in the military. I have great…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Some streamers will always use a certain set of tags to describe their stream. Having to re-select those tags every single time we select a different game is tedious. Please allow us to "sticky" certain tags that will always be present no matter what game we are choosing to play.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. We can get stream tags, but we can not filter streams by a tag ID. However it can be easily done from the official app. Like to get streams tagged as "Family Friendly" or "Squads", or "Mode: Battle Royale" etc.

Please provide API for 3d party developers :)

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?