Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

127 results found

1. So there are a select number of people that have a lot of people following and watching them as noticed... How about having a popup or banner as there is on the front page of the website or sidebar to check out content from other people to whom use Twitch as they might want more people to watch them. Glad Twitch is still around, my brother working closely with Mark Cuban to whom was the first business to put video and audio streaming on the internet.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Twitch automatically generates thumbnail images that are shown in the grid view when scrolling through a category at random times from the stream output .

With most categories on Twitch the automatic thumbnail feature is just fine, as the content on stream matches up with what you want to show for discovery.
    However, with the "Software and Game Development" category that is not necessarily the case.

The best way for people to discover me is to be interested in the game I make. Optimally the thumbnail would show me showing off the current state of the game and people that…

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be helpful if there was a place to see if a streamer was labeled as 18+.
    as it is right now, if I acknowledge that I'm entering 1 18+ stream, I never have to acknowledge it again with out the tag.
    It would just be helpful to know what kind of community I'm joining or watching. and it would help creators moderate their streams as well.

or maybe, the 18+ tag can automatically populate for every one that has their streams marked as 18 up?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. There needs to be a biannual event where the entire Twitch community can celebrate and help uplift the hard work us small streamers put in when planning something special for our communities only to end up with little to no payoff.

For this, it could be setup a set of benefits that are active to any streamer who has been streaming actively for six months atleast and is currently streaming below an average of 20 viewers:

Outside of any contractual agreements with companies, (i.e, Nintendo Directs, major game reveal streams, etc) the entire Front Page is taken over by small…

113 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I am tired of seeing streamers who earn 10k plus a month on subs for doing what I personally do every day for free. I would like the option to block all users above a certain number of subscribers so that content is more relevant to me. Say... allow users to choose a maximum amount of subs a recommended channel can have so they do not have to go through and manually block them all.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. For those who like to watch & Chat within multiple streams (often via team up situations or watching fave streamers online at the same time) instead of forcing people use sites like multistream/multitwitch, where the embedded streams get interrupted by a notice telling people to watch the stream on the original site, why not build a page where viewers can do just that, watch several of their favorite channels (2-4 or more) side by side where every view will be counted, channel points will be earned, ability to chat in any is accessible, and best of all, no interruption (with…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Our "RetroAchievements" community is huge and many of us stream the games getting achievements in old one's games. The community programs emulators to have achievements (like finish the game, complete without dying... something like that). But it isn't "Just play retro" its different. Retro games can play casually, speedrunning, longplaying, first impress and other thing... but retroachievements is more than just play the games. If you create an category like that, many players will use the category to show their mastery game progression. I think many RAplayers will start to stream if it be created

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Nowadays Twitch focus isn't gaming anymore. I think everyone agrees with that statement. The content creators have evolved from gaming to other crazy categories that nobody even needs to mention and there's no need to.
    In my honest opinion, Twitch needs to rethink wether they want to turn their platform into a all inclusive and confusing mess or start to create a more specific space to accomodate all tastes and content.
    Today we can see everything in there, stuff that still creates discussion among the community.

That said, I think it's the perfect time for them to adapt and create…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would love recommend channels to included lists of accounts I followed on twitter (as example) to show up and be promoted on the site and also have people be able to find my twitch account linked via twitter.

Not only would I like this, I would also love to be able to incorporate my address book as well, find people I already know on twitch via my contacts.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It'd be nice if we could see if a channel has any restrictions before we join it. For example, if I find a stream under the Browse page, I'd love to be able to see if that channel uses "Follower only chat" or "Subscriber only chat" and so on. I hate it when I join a channel just to find out that I have to follow the channel to be able to interact with the streamer/commuinity (especially if it's a smaller stream).

It'd be handy if there were small icons under the preview of the stream that gives you this…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. My wish is an ignore button for recommendations in recommended channels - sure for single users.

At the moment 07.40, Saturday cest time, Amouranth is in recommended channels.

I understand recommended channels to help up smaller streamers, not to give additional support to super rich kids...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I don't know if I'm putting this in the right spot, but I'd like to see a viewing format so I can watch multiple streams at one time, kinda like stream squad, but it's up to me to determine which channels I'm watching at one time, and which one is the primary channel that's coming through on audio. This was a feature I had with mlb.tv years ago, so I don't think it would be too difficult to implement, but I dunno how that would work with your particular code, so maybe it's more difficult than I'm thinking it would…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. there are millions of gamers that actually care about the future of society, because a bunch of awesome people are trying and succeeding in freeing up incredible amounts of time for humanity to use, have a better focus on PG13 and G rated games, to KEEP a better audience, this is my suggestion and opinion, please bring all ignorant opinions to my stream Gralien83.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Currently, Word of Mouth is a big factor for channels being discovered by new viewers. You've found a great new channel that you think your friends will enjoy so you want to tell them about it. Currently, all you do is share the channel link with your friends and you've directly helped that channel grow... but there's no direct reward for helping that channel.

What if there was a 'referral' system available where you could share a link, with a particular referral code, with your friends and if they choose to follow the channel you receive a bonus amount of…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The discovery page lacks a "Play Random" feature. It might be fun and interesting to enter a random stream in a Category. It might help casual and new users find entertaining streams much easily and faster.
    The user that clicks on the button will be forwarded to a random stream in the previously chosen category. To find another stream the user will simply click on the same button that will appear on the header of the page.

256 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hey Twitch,

I suggest you guys ad a feature, what streamer you would like to switch to once the one you are watching ends stream. While most people watch twitch as a show some people also watch it as a background 'podcast' while playing a game.

It would be neet that you atomaticly get transferd to another follwed streamer instead of complete slience of you wating or your game match to end so you can put on a nother streamer.

This could also be done in a list of which stremer you pefer to switch to who is online from
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add to favorites, Twitch should have the option to add ''ADD TO FAVORITES'' channels to make it easier for users to watch smaller channels that don't appear at the top of channels! Also to find channels that we don't remember the name...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I would love to see a 'hotbar' when the mouse hovers over a streamers link in the 'Recommended channels' or '... also watch' areas of the sidebar. It should include a quick option to follow a streamer when you want to maybe check a streamer later on but continue watching the current one. Additional info could include a limited amount of the channel description, and last live or live now information.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add an option to switch automatically to live followed streamers once current stream is over and another channel wasn't hosted/raided. Extra points if you could let us set priority manually, i.e. "Fav Channel 1">"Fav Chanel 2">"Raid/Host">"That one channel that regularly is on but you're not super hot about watching it but it's better than (Stream is over, see ya in a week) message".
    Main objective: seamless watching/sleepwatching experience
    Twitch profit: more ad rolls
    Streamers profit: more lurking viewers

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I would love to see a site wide discoverability feature that universally lets me or any user "hide streams that are all 18+ content. " With a very simple toggle button to hide those channels.

In addition to this, having all 18+ content not visible in any discovery page if a user is not logged in to the site.

to clarify: 18 plus content may or may not include political or sensitive topics, graphic video games, or catergories etc.

Being able to quickly toggle and categorize these channels either universally help create targeted ads for these channels, potentially turn ads…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?