Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make the stream preview not lag

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. High-rank Overwatch streamers usually get ~20 mins of queueing right now and that is often filled with another game or a youtube game.

I suggest a way to only view streams that are in-game, and to automatically go to the next streamer if the current stream doesn't have any gameplay. Or to have some small badge saying "In-Game" show up on the thumbnail.

The easiest way of implementing this is using some lightweight ML Video Classification. I assume you are probably using a GPU to do remux, and you can utilize those GPUs for classification inferencing. You probably won't even…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Browse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Basically add an option to get clips based on your game interests as a never-ending feed, similar to the TikTok For You page or Instagram Explore tab.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. If I follow a channel already, why does it continuously show up in the "Live Channels We Think You'll Like" section? What about this makes sense?

Please adjust your algorithm to remove already followed channels from this area and show non-followed channels only.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Browsing Channels or looking at channels being Followed that are Live, have an option/filter to sort that includes currently Subscribed Channels listed first.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. For example: When I search for the word "bored" on Twitch, I can see many videos with the word bored in the title, but they are all livestreams that have already ended, the so called Past videos.
    I want to see livestreams that are currently going on with the word "bored" in their title.

I heard this feature used to exist on Twitch. So I'm curious to know why it was removed. I think it is the most basic way to search for livestreams. How can the biggest livestream platform not have it?

I'd really like to have it back…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Filter by max quality allowed (e.g. 720p), so we don't have to waste our time trying to watch what we can't see because of buffering/slow internet connection.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Now that Twitch has in-platform scheduling, can we also have upcoming scheduled streams show up on the Browse page for specific games? This might require the initial development/implementation of the Calendar Schedule system being discussed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Sometimes its nice to view smaller channels so theres a more personal interaction then the big streamers with 100+ viewers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I think it would be nice to see game categories while browsing team members without the need to click on each and every one of them just to see what they are playing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Browse => Sorting is only possible from high to low. Why is it removed to check on how is streaming but has not much viewer? I really liked the possibility to discover new streamer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be nice to have a filter option where you can search for streams in a given category based on viewership. Something like: “min viewers: (x) to max viewers: (y)”

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add a browser tab for channels that follows you. And apply normal sorting behavior or even user selectable sorting options.

I believe it would be a great way to connect with other streamers and finding new friends.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please add more sorting options! When we can only sort by recommended/Highest view counts we only see the same games over and over and that causes us to get REALLY bored with twitch. This will help you guys retain more viewership AND help gamers find new games. It's a complete win-win!

Some ideas: Sort Games by Viewers: Low to High, Sort by Publishing Date (New to Old and Old to new), Trending, etc.
    Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please consider a "channel surf" option under categories. The feature would work as so: the viewer clicks on a game, category, etc, and is presented with a list of streams. How do they know which one to choose? There is no way to easily "surf" through the channels to pick one which is appealing to you. There would be a "surf" button or similar which would open a viewer that will show a 10-15 second preview of the channels to the viewer, in the order in which they are currently displayed on the page per the viewer's sort option. The…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I think having the ability to watch a short playback of the stream you hover would be an efficient way to help people watch content that they want to see instead of going through stream and guessing on what is going on in the live stream at the current moment, (getting baited from a thumbnail picture.) It might help people with low viewer count get more attention because people don't need to waste time to click on the live stream. It might be a good idea to test out a beta version to see if the idea is successful before…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add a favorite section. Following isn't something special anymore. We need a way to highlight our favorite streamers. Top of the list having a section for favorites would do this for us.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Don't know how this is not a thing yet -- would help the COMMUNITY a LOT

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. For "Following -> Live" lists that are massively long

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Es decir, sabemos que al llegar a esta plataforma debemos poner de nuestro esfuerzo pero... he visto a personas con mucho talento y 0 viewers. ¿Por qué solo preocuparse por el copyrigth, lenguaje pero no por las nuevas comunidades?.

Tengo una propuesta: Por qué no hacer algo, por así llamarlo "Twitch Lite" para comunidades pequeñas. Que en este apartado de Twitch solamente hayan influencers que vayan comenzando en el ambiente del streaming y todo esto, de esta forma, la gente sabrá que ese apartado es para miembros de comunidades pequeñas y si quieren ver algo o a alguien nuevo entrar…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?