Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

125 results found

1. If you are going to leave this new browser layout released 21.06 at least give us a autoplay on/off option because its really annoying when start browsing for stream its starts by itself video and audio.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I could care less about your new entry to "browse games". The "recommended games" are a waste of time, limiting, non-productive, and restrictive. It's not as important that someone change things that are not broken to just to make themselves seem relevant... An "all games" heading at the top would be way more useful to everyone with a pulse, than the way it is now.
    I won't use the browse as it is now because of it's inefficient limits. Every single person I have asked about it doesn't like it at all.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add a new filter or search function beyond the custom tag which allows the user to find streamers under X viewer count.

Example:

Under 100 Viewers
    Under 50 Viewers
    Under 1000 Viewers
    Under 10 Viewers

Amounts can be decided by Twitch, but I figure the key numbers like 10, 100, or even 75 for those pushing for partner can be highlighted and that filter can be placed on top of the category filter.

Example:

Apex Legends -> Under 75 Viewers -> [Insert other tags]

I've been enjoying finding other smaller streamers to watch on occasion and the stream interaction is…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. an hashtag that can be click on to view more specific categories that streamer and comunity can create there own mini categories so that

for example : Minecraft server can have their own hashtag to only have people that doing stream in the server can see it without writing everything on the browse bar.

please vote

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Why aren't favorite categories displayed?
    For example: If you have marked software & development as a favorite, it will be replaced by other uninteresting categories, because Twitch thinks that they are more interesting due to the number of users. Why am I not shown my own choice in Categories, each time searching takes a long time...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Browse  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Users should have the ability to set a global filter for what languages they want their recommended streams to be in. It's annoying to have to set a filter just to get streams in a language I understand every time. There should also be the ability to set multiple languages as many people speak multiple languages.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The ability to set only one filter is very annoying.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I would like to be able to view streams with low or no viewers. Currently I do not know of a way to find a stream to view based on the game they are playing and then the number of current viewers. It seems like the only ones I find have hundreds or thousands of viewers. I find it hard to believe there aren’t people streaming that have no or few viewers

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. In my opinion, gameplay is so much more interesting to watch when the streamer has a webcam. Their reactions are what make me want to tune into their stream. Of course it's fine if people don't want to use a webcam, but I'd like to be able to filter by those that do.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When you browse through a category on twitch, it first gives you a list of streams in your selected language and then simply a list of all active streams in the category, sorted by viewers.
    However, as of recently, this is no longer working correctly and it instead just gives you two lists of all streams all the while still claiming to be filtering for your language.

I was going to make a proper ticket for the bug report, but quite frankly, the ticked system is a hot mess and there is no option to report bugs pertaining to filter…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Place Browse results into page breaks. Currently, when scrolling streams under the Browse section, after scrolling a while, the page starts to become super laggy until it becomes impossible to scroll anymore. Apparently the content is filling up memory or something. The results should be shown on pages that each have a customizable set limit of results on each one so that this doesn't happen, with a Next Page and Previous Page button at the bottom. Why this hasn't already been done, I have no idea.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It's cute (Pathetic) how you have a 'feedback' section that slowly turns into a 'we only want to really harvest your free ideas and we don't really care about your complaints' section.

You add previews to browsing and give us no control over whether we want it, or not. Give us control to disable that **** or I end giving Twitch any money when it renews. What is wrong with you? smh

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be nice if I could search for someone to watch based on if they're affiliate or not.
    I've been trying to browse for new streamers to watch and I cant seem to find anyone pre-affiliate. I understand we also want to promote new affiliates, but it would also be nice if we could easily find pre-affiliates as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. So we all know that for discoverability, Twitch tracks who follows who, and who they also watch. Example: You follow Streamer X, and also follow/watch Streamer Y, and so does Z% of the community, they get recommended.

I'd like to see a category that dials that one more step down:
    You Follow Streamer X
    Other Community Member Follows Streamer X
    Other Member Streams
    I can go to "Streamers in your Communities" category to see streamers who share a community with me, that I would never otherwise know about since self promotion is frowned upon.

I know when I browse a…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Twitch just like google is a recognized universal language for games and pushing into other fields outside gaming; but primarly gaming. In the early stages of twitch 'games' was used (this isn't that important) but later moved onto using category. It is twitchs' underlining code that games should in place of category, just like how google is not godgle, or goggle, or guugle. Please revsrse the process as this is important in twitchs' eco-system, thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Like sorting the channel by the following numbers or the followers How many hours they stream And alphabetically

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Browse  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. There are many good posts in this section that try to address the issues with highlighting relevant content for viewers and support discovery of channels where viewers will be engaged in a way that leads them to support the content creator and platform. The problem is that Twitch has become increasingly solely depended on a cornerstone of viewer count which provides little to no value and detracts from the actual value and outcomes of engagement on the platform.

Channels are often avoided or attended because the primary metric is focused on viewer count. This is basic psychology at work and…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please add the ability to hide channels quickly when viewing categories.

I enjoy the ASMR Category, but I am sick of obnoxious t*tty streamers who take no care in the configuration of their microphones or the sounds they're making.
    Just feels like a recipe: 1: Show bobs. 2: Link twitter with OF link.. ohai now your top of the ASMR category.

There's also a ton of boring 24/7 streams and duplicated streams and streams in the wrong category under ASMR. As well as those duplicated streamers all having the same video with donation links... just scam/spam central.

Blocking them does…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hide the main broadcast when you scroll down the page when searching another channel.
    With the old design it was more convenient to search for the channel on laptops with a screen diagonal of 15.6"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add a search engine for the categories section, since searching for a little-known game becomes very complicated

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?