Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

652 results found

1. As more and more people are stalting to talk about sign language on Twitch, an d indifferent countries, sometimes the categories don't really allow us to say what we're streaming. Sign language is also a language that has a hard time getting recognized round the world, so streams about that would help in a way.

Some people are also tutoring, and I nnoticed there an "American Sign language tutor" category already, so adding them for other sign languages makes sense.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. when choosing a category, it is not possible to select this part of the game resident evil 2 remake. we have only old part this game on categorys

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hi all ! I'm just starting since 1 month to stream legal Hacking in twitch, through the "Hack the box" website (stream in French). This website proposes many vulnerable machines, in order to hack them for learning.

I think it could be very interesting to add a new "Hacking" category, for those who are passionate by this subjet ! Actually, the only catory that "matches" a bit, is "Science & Technology".

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. With comedy clubs across the country being closed many of them have turned to Twitch to keep shows going. I wish Comedy had it's own category.

I have recognized over 50 accounts that would consider themselves either Stand Up, Sketch Comedy, or Improv

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add a category for Project 1999 Everquest as it it NOT the actual real game and it's an emulated version, the Everquest category is FULL of emulator streams.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Turn back "heroes of might and magic III: shadow of death" as a independent title. Or add unoffical addon which called "Horn of abyss"

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. introduce cosplay as category

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When viewing games, they should show LOCALIZED box art (Steam does this, for example).

Most Chinese flavors of box art (among other locales) will have a completely different name [and even completely different box art] than English: Localized names and box art me be unrecognizable to the alt locale.

This can be added to the dev dashboard where we normally swap box art.

Now that Chinese has surpassed English on Steam (and since Steam supports this feat, too), it may be a good time for Twitch to climb aboard.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. There are 41 separate Nancy Drew (ND) game categories currently on Twitch, with an average of 3-5 people streaming in separate ND categories with maybe an overall total of 25 viewers. This makes discoverability for anyone streaming a Nancy Drew game very low and building a community based on the love of these games hard when it is difficult to figure out if there is anyone else playing a game from this series.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make an option to merge the followed categories into custom categories. For example, I might want to merge Far Cry 1-5 into "Far Cry Series" or merge the remastered version of a game with the classic version, or merge multiple games by genre such as "FPS" or "Roguelike" or even merge all categories I follow into a single list. This would save me a lot of time when browsing streams, as I often enter a category with many viewers, only to find that none of the streams exist within the filters I search, making me flip back and forth between…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. There is a gaming section for Apple iOS, why not Android iOS?

I have a Nvidia tablet that I would like to stream from, but most games don't have a gaming section.

It would be a lot easier to have a place where I could just stream any Android game and stay in one channel.

I'm using the "Games+demos" section for now, but I would like to use and official "Android Gaming" or something like that.

Thanks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. In Japan, it is commonly understood that "VRChat" refers to the specific virtual reality social platform and is often abbreviated as "VRC." However, the term "VRチャット" in Japanese signifies a broader category that encompasses any virtual reality chat or interaction, distinct from the "VRChat" platform.

The distinction between "VRチャット" and "VRC" is significant for the Japanese-speaking community on Twitch. It affects how content is categorized, searched for, and understood. The current treatment of "VRチャット" as synonymous with "VRChat" or "VRC" can lead to confusion and misinterpretation, potentially hindering users' ability to accurately find and engage with the content they are…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I have a update for a cover art for Non-Gaming Category (Go).
    This game is not allowed on IGDB, because it is like chess, not a game for PC.
    Please let me know the procedure for updating cover art for this game.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Content creators have really stepped it up and came up with a variety of great shows. However, they need to branch away from Just Chatting because this type of content is not about doing small talk or interacting with their viewers. The types of content that can be included in this category are: competitive IRL games, game shows, reality shows, acting performances, contests, comedy, improv, etc. We need more IRL categories to help break away from Just Chatting. Streamers are using it way too much for unrelated content and it's become way too crowded. It's frustrating and time consuming to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. There's a considerable amount of streamers who cover this type of content and this is not just small talk, it's not just chatting. These are more meaningful topics being covered and are worthy of having a more comprehensive category. Most streamers avoid the Politics category because its scope is too narrow. They're drawn to Just Chatting where most of the "appealing" content takes place in the hopes they will get noticed. Some reasons would be because these communities/topics are niche, smaller in size, and not as common or frequent. Many existing IRL categories are grouping similar content together, which is…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I would like some Trading Categories to be added. There are already categories like Crypto and Stocks but those don't encompass all the things that can can be traded.

Either you should add all the individuals like Forex, Indices, Futures, commodities etc, or there should be a singular category called "Trading". I am more in favor of just having "Trading" as a category because this could be used for all and would garner the most attention and diversification.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I know that there's a limit on how many categories that you can follow. I've recently hit that limit (not sure of the exact number)

Because of this, I am not able to follow any more categories.

The only way to follow more categories, is to unfollow some of the ones that I'm following, however, the only ones that I know i'm following are the ones where people are 'currently streaming live'.

I've been on Twitch for a few years, and there are games/categories that i've followed years ago, and have forgotten about. I can't unfollow categories/games that i don't…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. A category dedicated to the new trading card game Union Arena. Streaming who are playing Union Arena IRL, doing remote fights, or booster pack opening streams can use this category, and viewers who are interested in Union Arena can easily find it on Twitch.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. KIELHAUL is an upcoming TCG to be released in May and I think it'd be nice if it had its own category. Right now it's technically playable on Table Top SIm with a demo list of the cards, working proof is on the link below and more and more people are bound to start streaming it with the demo getting its final update and the game coming out in May. I believe it would also be a good way to get some new viewers to twitch. New categories always make people curious and drive traffic.

Link to Demo Update Stream: …

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. zwift has a category, rgt cycling has a category, I know someone has submitted indoor rowing EXR software for its own category, could there be a rowing in general category? I row with an ergatta water rower and can stream the screen/gamification, id be happy with a generic rowing category or as someone else requested, rowing specific being ergatta/exr etc.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?