Discover: Browsing and Searching

Discover: Browsing and Searching

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The Music & Performing Arts category is oversaturated with music radio channels. Scrolling through to find live musicians and DJs is too much of a chore. 'Sort by: Viewers (Low to High)' is almost completely useless because the bottom of the list is full of music radio streams with 0 viewers.

At the very least, this is making the Music & Performing Arts category look very unclean. I also think this change is especially needed now that searching by tags through the main search bar is no longer a thing.

(9/8/2019)

43 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. With the growing use of gaming as therapy for many combat veterans, there is a growing subculture of veterans on Twitch as well as other streaming platforms. In order for us to find our brothers and sisters in arms, this would be a great addition to the tag listings.

41 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The discovery page lacks a "Play Random" feature. It might be fun and interesting to enter a random stream in a Category. It might help casual and new users find entertaining streams much easily and faster.
    The user that clicks on the button will be forwarded to a random stream in the previously chosen category. To find another stream the user will simply click on the same button that will appear on the header of the page.

38 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Discover Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. It's already personalized, I personally followed these channels.

At this point I'm very comfortable with scanning my list of followed channels by view count and am able to quickly see who is online, and find whoever I'm interested in watching. This new algorithm has scrambled my followed channel list and also my brain along with it.

I watch plenty of smaller streamers, that's why they are on my followed list, and to find them I simply scroll down. Now they are scattered all over the place. I just don't see how this system is useful outside of browsing a category…

37 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Personalized Followed Channels List  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 37 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. it takes up to much room and looks ugly and the only ones it shows is people i FOLLOW already. i dont care about recommend channels i watch who i like give me an option to disable it!

34 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Recommendations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I like the left side menu bar in the new UI. The only thing is that I always have to click "Load More" two or three times to see everyone who is online. I wish it would display everyone automatically.

33 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. We need this Categorie for Darts-Streamers that plays "Real-Life" Darts Online against other Players all over the world. This Categorie was deleted last week.

30 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Went to stream and usually I will use Blind Playthough to note that a game i'm playing for the first time. This does two things, first I personally like to watch people who are experiencing a game for teh first time, and relive the journey i had through them. Second, It lets my audience know that I'm exploring a game at my own pace, and thats part of the journey and for them not to backseat game.

So its weird to me the sudden removal of it, When its probably one of the more useful ones.

30 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Art being under irl is an awful and detrimental decision that will only drive artists away from your platform. Artists help your community (emotes, layouts etc) don't hide them under IRL. A good portion of your viewers go into irl solely to troll and artists already struggle to gain a solid audience on your platform. Several artists have already left twitch for YouTube, putting art/creative under IRL is just opened the door and encouraging them to leave. Give creative it's own category, put music under it (it is art after all), problem solved. People wouldn't have to visit a help…

30 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Summed up, for the new directory buttons that are being experimented with to supposedly help adding discoverability to the platform, could there be a fifth button that exclusively shows streamers who has been streaming consistently for atleast six months, but average less than 10/15 viewers?

29 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Command & Conquer : Remastered Collection was removed from the list of games to use as your stream category and it should be added back ASAP!

29 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Categories as they are are a bother to search through. Looking for Pokémon games? Well, look through all these people that have "pokémon" in their names, then all over these streams that might not be for Pokémon!

Categories nesting with Sub-Categories could change this altogether. Let's say we would want to look for Pokémon games. We'd type "Pokémon", head into the "Pokémon" category and look at all the streamers doing different games. If we want some more precision into the category, different sub-categories like "Mystery Dungeon" or "Main Titles" could work, so on and so forth until you reach the…

29 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I saw it was marked as "Completed" that the pokemon directories were fixed but they really are not.
    Can you please merge Red/Blue/Yellow, Gold/Silver/Crystal, Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, Diamond,Pearl, Platinum:
    Some are still completely on their own and are even missing the cover images from the recent changes. (Look at Let's Go Pikachu for reference)

28 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. i want back to original because i am already used to old list and now i am very lost to find my prefered channels, even the smaller ones

26 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Personalized Followed Channels List  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. This would be every month have new creators highlighted in those sections. This would be a great way to promote twitch ambassadors more as well as creators that are really just making great content regardless of their small size. Right now its incredibly difficult to get any exposure on twitch and i think this would be great right now.

26 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Unfortunately I was chosen to test the new follow list sorting. To me it really doesn't feel good the way it is right now. Often it just doesn't feel natural when trying to find a specific streamer. But I could see other people benifiting from this feature if it is implemented correctly.

The algorithm should also consider if the game that is being played by the streamer is something I would enjoy or not. For example if I really love watching XQC, but I hate watching World of Warcraft, XQC shouldn't get the #1 spot in my follower list. So…

25 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Personalized Followed Channels List  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. The newest expansion of Spellforce 3 just came out, and now there are 3 categories! People are using both the base game category and the new category to stream the new content, which is confusing and bad for streamer discoverability.

These 3 categories should be merged, particularly seeing as the game has crossplay capabilities between the different expansions in multiplayer.

The category links are as follows: https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/SpellForce%203
    https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/SpellForce%203%3A%20Soul%20Harvest
    https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/SpellForce%203%3A%20Fallen%20God

25 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. November is Native American/Alaska Native Heritage month do you have any plans to highlight this or feature Native Streamers?

25 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please, PLEASE add a separate section for WoW Classic rather than just combining what used to be the WoW Bfa section with Classic. Since Classic launched, the WoW streaming section has become absolutely INFESTED with pretty much just Classic streams and I'd like to be able to find Bfa streams when I want to watch them instead of having to go digging through the entire section for them like I'm digging through the racks at TJ Maxx for a good outfit.

25 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?