Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1305 results found

1. why is "white" and "straight" not allowed as a stream tag? i feel that there is no issue with these terms and this is twitch actively being discriminatory towards people with these attributes. why also is "i hate men" allowed and "i hate women" not? this is backwards logic when you parade "inclusivity" for all who are not white, straight and male, what did they do to you? can we have a platform that is unbiased when it comes to politics and be inclusive for all and not just everyone who is progressive?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Tags  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I follow a lot of people who stream gambling content but the moment they start streaming slots etc., they disappear from the followed channels list. I've been following some of these people particularly for their gambling content but I can't even see whether they are live and this simply forces me to visit all channels one by one to see if they are online or not. This unsolicited censorship is completely uncalled-for, I want to watch content creators I like regardless of the content they're streaming.

Please remove this filter or make it optional. Not every Twitch user is 12…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The purpose of the carousel is to show people streams that they might not find otherwise. The hope is that they will find things they like and then ideally subscribe and make Twitch some money. This is all good.

The problem is that I can't find any way to filter what is shown in the carousel. Today I went to Twitch and every single item in the carousel was "music". I have zero interest in music streams. Other people might not have any interest in sports, art, or even games.

It would be fantastic if we could (at minimum) exclude…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Front Page  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please please please can there be a setting to turn the pin/unpin this channel off !
    I'm using 2 monitors and for whatever reason the new pin/unpin feature pop up appears constantly in all the streams streams ! It blocks a fair part of the video screen. Constantly... please allow us to switch this feature off !! Its so annoying.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The pin feature has proven pretty useless in general but the feature has made watching streams on desktop a chore. The hover window will pop up unpromoted while working on another monitor, please make it an option on the channel itself or make the hover more conditional.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. For the the front page, do not have clicking on one of the channels open up another window that just shows even more channels. I have already chosen a channel I want to watch, that's why I clicked on it. There are already nine sections that I counted on the front page with options for streams to choose from. Choosing one and then having to go through yet another screen where I have to find the real button to watch the stream I have already chosen to watch is incredibly annoying, is unnecessarily redundant since there's already multiple sections on…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It's cute (Pathetic) how you have a 'feedback' section that slowly turns into a 'we only want to really harvest your free ideas and we don't really care about your complaints' section.

You add previews to browsing and give us no control over whether we want it, or not. Give us control to disable that **** or I end giving Twitch any money when it renews. What is wrong with you? smh

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. You seem to have just made a change to the left-side bar wherein a) it doesn't auto-expand when being rolled over, meaning that the user needs to click to expand it to see at glance what categories everyone is streaming in, which was useful, and B) upon loading a page, it defaults to being collapsed so that "show more" isn't shown, which means that smaller streamers are hidden completely without making three clicks every time anyone loads a page.

This is a bad change and it should be reverted.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. CAD - Computer Aided Design, should be a category on Twitch. This could be related to the use of software, sharing info about engineering, designing products or something similar. Please upvote to make this happen! There are videos on YouTube, but no streaming on Twitch as far as I know.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Don't Recommend XQC's Channel or any other Gambling streamers to new viewers.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. New categories for development education etc.
    Categories are constantly becoming flooded and making it harder for new streamers to be found, creating new categories will increase the odds of people being found as well as categories that specify specific professions, not just General Software/game development.
    Currently, Software /GameDevelopment is covering 10,000+ professions, breaking it down by more than just a little bit

Animation
    Modeling & Rigging
    Film Development
    Game Development
    Software Development
    Web Development
    Learn Programming
    Web Programming
    Game Programming
    C++
    C#
    Html/Css
    Java/Javascript
    PHP
    Python
    Other Programming Languages

Some might say this is going too far, but I would…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I would like to get GS Pro golf simulator (PC) added to your games list. Thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. What Twitch needs: random streamers get to the frontpage, 1 per day.

So Twitch is getting the whole 'hype train' nonsense thing to get people on the frontpage, even though most of these are the... ahem... 'female streamers in skimpy clothes in sexually suggestive positions/nude' or already popular streamers, driving a massive wedge for discoverability for smaller yet entertaining streamers.

It wouldnt be crazy for Twitch to simply take one random streamer from the bottom drawers (with some kind of filter to prevent the typical moronic '18+SUPER STREAM !SUPPORT !PATREON !TIPS HYPE FOR FORTNITE!' **** from people with zero viewers…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Deberían poner alguna etiqueta que tenga relación con la filosofía, debates, discusiones, temas de interés intelectual. Estaría muuuuuuy padre.
    Gracias, Twitch!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I study a lot with streamers using the Pomodoro method (25min study - 5min break or 50min study - 10min break) and I would love for streamers who use this specific method to be able to specify it, as not every study/co-working stream uses it. I think both streamers and audiences can benefit from this! :)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Twitch should make a channel called Actors. The streamers can act out scenes. Eventually Twitch will have their own Netflix, creating shows or movies etc.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I've been a Twitch viewer for years and a content creator for a little over a year now. I dont watch regular TV (for lack of a better term), just Twitch. Theres tons of great content creators out there unfortunately every time I visit the front page, its the same 5-10 streamers EVERY DAY getting all the publicity. Not only is it always the same streamers but its virtually all from the 'music' category which isn't a category I'm interested in. So not only is Twitch cherry-picking the talents they want to see succeed, they're not delivering me content that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I would recommend creating a new category inherent in the crypto gaming world. There are a lot of people streaming on the wrong category. If it were created it could be called 'Crypto Gaming' where people could stream gameplay and chat about this new game-based trend.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The original Japanese release for the PS3 version is still there but it's a vastly different game from J-Stars Victory VS+. The original jp release isn't even played. Please restore the J-Stars Victory VS+ category, so many streams are lost and are unable to be found because streaming directly from the Playstation will go to a category that doesn't exist.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. A channel that is recommended under "live channels we think you'll like" should not be listed a second time on the same page (ie, under "what's hot" or game related categories).

Channels we already follow shouldn't appear in our recommendations at all. Why should they be there? We already follow them.

These redundancies take up valuable space on the Front Page; they are also a detriment to discoverability.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?