Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1305 results found

1. Shadowrun is a huge Pen and Paper system, that deserves its own categorie in my Opinion. It's very hard for Pen and Paper Streamers to gain new viewers, if they do not stream Dungeons and Dragons, cause only D&D has it's own categorie. If I want to watch Shadowrun I need to click on the Tabletop RPG-Categorie and search through all the different streamers and systems they stream on the search for Shadowrun, one of the biggest P&Ps on the market.

Help other P&P Streamers and make P&P bigger on Twitch, by adding more P&P categories.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Provide a filter to sort by languages. I'm tired of seeing 80% of the content not be accessible to me because I don't know the language of the stream.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Create an "Irrelevant Gaming" directory. Or something titled similarly. This directory would help viewers find niche games and could easily grow to the size of the retro directory. This could be a new staple for Twitch. This give streamers who want to play games with 0 live channels an avenue to play and build a healthy community within the directory helping support others who enjoy forgotten games. This would be different from the Retro directory because there are many games spanning from the late 2000's to the early 2020's that are not "retro" but did not gain independent traction in…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Now that we have multiple Classic World of Warcraft games, and an upcoming expansion for retail, you need to seperate these into their own categories like you've done with other games and social categories like Call Of Duty/Warzone or Hottub/Just Chatting. Should've been done when The Burning Crusade Classic released.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. There are many good posts in this section that try to address the issues with highlighting relevant content for viewers and support discovery of channels where viewers will be engaged in a way that leads them to support the content creator and platform. The problem is that Twitch has become increasingly solely depended on a cornerstone of viewer count which provides little to no value and detracts from the actual value and outcomes of engagement on the platform.

Channels are often avoided or attended because the primary metric is focused on viewer count. This is basic psychology at work and…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I want to be able to use the "tags" system in the search bar to avoid certain streams. For example: I live in Spain but im not native of this country and i really hate having Spanish streams flood my main page the moment i open up twitch. Just give me the option to use tags to avoid certain streams. #spanish, #cosplay, #depression, etc. These are for the ones i want to avoid, and the longer i stay on twitch the more "#" i will ban

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. For those who like to watch & Chat within multiple streams (often via team up situations or watching fave streamers online at the same time) instead of forcing people use sites like multistream/multitwitch, where the embedded streams get interrupted by a notice telling people to watch the stream on the original site, why not build a page where viewers can do just that, watch several of their favorite channels (2-4 or more) side by side where every view will be counted, channel points will be earned, ability to chat in any is accessible, and best of all, no interruption (with…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. IRL is growing on twitch but doesnt have its own defined category. We are spread between "Just Chatting" or "travel and outdoors" so it would be awesome if there was one place just for this type of streamer. So many good streamers making IRL content and showing the world

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Space for alternative wellness practices and activities. Including but not limited to: meditation, yoga, breathe work, movement, discussions,diet/cooking, fitness, energy work, and spirituality. Different tools and activities to help live and create healthy lifestyles while in the safety of a virtual community.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The category for the game 100% Orange Juice on twitch does not display any live channels. Searching up the game name in the search bar can bring up channels, but the category itself displays no channels even when it says there are viewers in it. Videos and clips can still be viewed, and following the category does not change anything. Tested on mobile, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Have the image of a quill and paper morphing into a keyboard computer screen. since there is a lot of people who are using Twitch to stream their writing.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Quisiera agregar la etiqueta de “Dreamcraft” en la categoría gamer

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I want Twitch to bring back the Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone category which everyone was using before it disappeared. Currently there are only 2 categories active for similar games, however Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Mega Mix and Hatsune Miku Project Diva Future Tone DX are not the same! I can't keep borrowing the wrong game categories, even the ps4 is confused about it if you try to stream the game.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. With the growing interest in Collectible Trading Cards and other large interest items that have caused the 'Break' society to grow. The persons streaming this content would benefit greatly from it's own category so that those who have branched out from 'Pokemon' could feel at home.

The 'Unboxing' tag is a great start, but a category itself would allow those who soley stream that content would use and leave the 'Pokemon TCG' category to those who soley stream that and not get out shadowed by breakers.

Other than that; love you guys. <3

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It is from my experience that the Retro tab is the most streamer friendly category for starters, since the viewers who browse the category usually are just scrolling it in hopes to find something interesting to watch without having to look for someone or some game specific. This ends up creating a very good growing spot for smaller streamers since it can be more easy to attract viewers by just playing whatever retro game without having to use that game's specific category that usually noone would be looking at

For example: right now there are very few people watching donkey…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I have an idea for increasing Discoverability on the platform. Twitch already tracks what channels users already watch which then is used to recommend viewers to new "similar" channels that they might enjoy, but from my experience very few people actually take the initiative to go into their channel and watch. I think that for this approach to work you need to brute force people into trying out new streams by having a sort of "reward" system where you get rewarded in either bits or subs to the creator by watching for longer periods of time. This will make more…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. There's a lot of us that run interactive games using third party platforms like CrowdPurr to create our own game shows where every viewer gets to be a contestant. Game Show should be a category to reflect this, as "Special Events" is too vague and "Just Chatting" doesn't convey the interactivity of the stream.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add Age of Empires II to Esports Directory

Age of Empires 2 has a long-running history of an active and competitive multiplayer scene with a wide bevy of players that have built large, avid followings of viewers who love to see the game played competitively. The scene also has a strong tradition of organizing competitive tournaments & show-matches amongst players.

Currently, AOE2, has 20.6% more viewers than Starcraft II and as far as I can tell, Starcraft II is the only other RTS listed in the Esports directory.

AOE2 is a great compliment to join Starcraft II as the second…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I came up with this idea, Twitch needs a 'Twitch Beginners' category, so it'll be easier for us viewers to find newly fresh Twitch streamers in a category on the homepage on Twitch. The same concept as
    "Recommended for you" along with that Twitch needs a filter as well. For example, if I'm in the Just Chatting area, I want a 'Twitch beginners' filter tag, and that filter tag displays newly fresh and Up-and-coming Twitch streamers. Some of us viewers prefer smaller streamers because those streamers are closer to their community than big streamers. This idea would help a lot…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?