Discover: Browsing and Searching

Discover: Browsing and Searching

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. For years, the "I Wanna Be The Guy" category on Twitch has been the main hub for the original game along with its 10k+ fangames. There have been increasingly more categories added to Twitch for various fangames, and it only stands to divide the category for an already relatively small community.

I would like to request that the "I Wanna Be the Guy" category is renamed to "I Wanna Be The Guy + Fangames" and that the following games be removed from Twitch (and the followers migrated to the new category if possible):

I Wanna Be The Boshy
    I Wanna…

213 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

21 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Disabled gamers often face more or different hardships than abled streamers do. There are so many amazing users on Twitch who are disabled, and they deserve a "disabled" tag. Disabled streamers need a way to find each other and weave our communities together, and disabled viewers need a way to find streamers they want to watch and connect with.

209 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. An art section should be added upfront with everything seeing as it doesn't fit within the IRL category and is a large part of twitch.

192 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. For the entirety of the time on Twitch, speedrunners and casual gamers alike have had numerous bouts of confusion over the shared category that these two very different games hold in unison. Due to this, many people have entered streams of one game expecting the other, and it has been a nuisance for several marathons. We are asking that the 16-bit Genesis title from 1991 be separated from the Xbox 360/PS3 title from 2006, with different cover art so that people can clearly understand which game is which.

172 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. First off, love the idea and it's very helpful. that being said I think instead of 'music' the category should be 'creative' and include art,music,mini painting, makeup body paint, writing ect. As someone who like watching art streams, if I can't find one I like these are the categories I go to next, including music. You use to have something similar to this system and it was really effective. Otherwise props to the development team

168 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I wish Twitch had a feature which let you set your pronouns to appear in chat.
    People who have set their pronouns will have them appear next to their name in chat.

The chatter sets their pronouns in the badge-set up.

Big question is implementation.

• hovering over username will show it?

• or another line below or next to the username to say it?

• or are the gender specific signs enough?

The originator of that idea already made a quick version of the version that would show pronouns next to the chatter's username

https://twitter.com/edelhresvelg/status/1284526998237265920

162 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 153 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. A recent change to the IGDB classified Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate for the Switch as a 'version' of Monster Hunter Generations for the 3DS - removing the Generations Ultimate directory entirely from Twitch.
    This is a problem for quite a few streamers and viewers alike as the games provide entirely different and expanded experiences from one another, and viewers might search out someone playing the 3DS base game as opposed to the expanded iteration for the Switch that came later on.

Most people playing either of these entries today are streaming "Generations Ultimate" for the Switch. It's a game that…

148 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Virtual Reality discovery is limited on Twitch. Indie titles are spread across multiple categories, with arguably the only unified VR category being Beat Saber.

Since 2016, the VR playerbase has increased by approximately 30% per year on Steam alone, this does not take into account the million+ headsets sold by Oculus-Facebook, Sony, and users on their respective platforms during this time. (Source: https://www.vrlfg.net/Charts)

We are proposing a general Virtual Reality category to support all VR titles, from Half: Life Alyx to Pavlov VR to the smallest and newest VR indie titles.

146 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add custom level category for an increasing community of players that are streaming custom made games or levels such as TRLE levels (tomb raider level editor/ trle.net). Could also apply to other games with custom maps/mods etc.

There is a steadily increasing audience for these levels and it is detrimental to the streamer to have to set the game as "tomb raider the last revelation" most of the time, purely because this is the engine used, but not actually what is being streamed. People will open the stream for tomb raider 4 but leave when its not actually tomb raider…

145 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow viewer to hide certain games from directory views
    Allow viewer to hide certain platforms from directory views
    Allow viewer to hide certain channels from directory views

145 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  18 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. When switching category to a game that gives an epilepsy warning, could the auto-tag system also add in an "Epilepsy Warning" tag to be able to filter through.

138 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. "Flow Arts": As the current world condition has taken us from previous live festivals and performance, many Flow Artists and Dancers are turning to virtual and broadcasted live performances of their talents. Traditionally, we as dancers, hula-hoop performers, jugglers, poi spinners and other similar disciplines, have had to gravitate towards the "Music & Performance Art" category. (With no specific tag identifying us as with Flow Artists, nor dancers). Now that Twitch has adjusted back to "Music" as the original category, we have migrated to "just chatting"; it doesn't really identify our community at all, among others that actually do feature…

135 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Game development is already a mostly-dead category on Twitch after being lumped in with Science and Technology, and the art/creative creators on Twitch are also increasingly being ignored. Please add a dedicated Creative category to cover art and game development to fix this issue.

127 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. On the Homepage show smaller channels instead of bigger channels so virtually everyone can get followers easily.

124 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Discover Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Have a filter so that you can reorder the streamers you follow on the left so that you can filter it by "the time you spend watching each streamer", rather than ordering the streamers by the amount of viewers they having watching their channel

121 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I think no one use the Map filter on Counter-Strike: Global Offensive channels.
    Filter by language I think it's the best solution for all streamers. (Like all other games)

121 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Would love to see a comeback of the "Game Dev" category since I see a lot of game devs (in science and tech and art) currently starting to blow up. Im sure they would appreciate a category dedicated to them. This includes, any art, animation, coding, level design and anything else that people do for a game! I'm sure it would motivate new game devs to stream on twitch vs going to a different platform to stream! Just a suggestion, please vote if you think this is a good idea!

118 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. The Super Monkey Ball category was removed from Twitch after the platform's switch from Giant Bomb to IGDB. As IGDB classes it as a sub game of the original Monkey Ball (and the Admins being unwilling to change this) Super Monkey Ball has been removed from the Twitch game directory. As a result, streamers playing the previously popular game are now using categories with far less visibility (Monkey Ball/Games + Demos) or flat out wrong categories (such as Super Monkey Ball 2). All VODs previously streamed under the defunct category have been moved to Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz or…

117 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I noticed certain games like pokemon people always stream under the most recent game so people can more easily find pokemon streams of any pokemon game. Instead any games in a franchise should have a category for said franchise that shows all the streams for a game of a certain franchise. This way someone can stream under Pokemon Red/Blue and another person can be streaming under Pokemon Black/White and both streams would show up on the Pokemon Franchise Category. This would be the case for all other major franchises like Mario, Zelda, Call of Duty, etc.

110 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?