Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1321 results found

1. Video game engines are software just like games that have their own category. By browsing a category of a given engine like Unity or UE, game devs can share their practical knowledge on the platform. In general, it would be easier to find other streams that are using similar workflows. By specifying the engine used in the category field where usually the game title goes, it would reduce the chance that the game development and game jam tags are misused for random gameplay streams.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I think that Streamers should be able to choose up to two categories at a time. For me personally, this would mean being able to choose both the ASMR category as well as the Stardew Valley category, as my stream is both of these things. Another example would be people who play retro games. They would be able to categorize their streams as both Retro and whatever game they may be playing.
    This way, you wouldn't have to sacrifice exposure by picking between two possible categories. There are games that people play that do not have a lot of followers.…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Providing alphabetized offline and online lists would make finding followed channels ALOT easier... so many times have I scrolled past an offline channel that I either wanted to go to, to find out the schedule for or maybe watch a VOD that they streamed later on.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. like how there is a popular channels section maybe there could be a small channel section for people who have trouble getting any viewers or followers

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Browse  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. In Browse section, where there's the 3 dots under each categories that say "not interested" it could be really fun to also have "Always on top" option.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. You should create a twitch channel that is kinda like a talk show. Where you bring streamers on big or small. They can come on describe their twitch experience as well as how they got started, the games they play, their schedules, etc. I believe that will help up an coming streamers as well as give streamers an Avenue to get discovered by new viewers. I also believe it would be a good mix with the streamers on the front page. You could do like a daily show or weekly and highlight said streamer with a raid and spotlight after…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Front Page  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I keep seeing these "recommended channels" but it's always the top streamer, or the speed run comps, stuff like this. I actually hate speed runs, because they are not actual game wins, so I don't want to see that. What if I could filter that out a bit and have more control over what's recommended to me? Maybe by selection of game genre, or specific game title? Anything other than being recommended to watch people cheat at games. I'm just trying to find a way to get the most out of twitch for me. Thanks for your time.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Il faudrait mettre en place un systéme alétoire de mise en avant des streams, cela créera une dépendance plus grande des streamers à twitch car espérant gagner le gros lot " mise en avant " mais aussi cela permettrai aux viewers de découvrir des streamers talentueux et de récompenser les personnes vraiment douées et méritantes.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add a refresh button for 'Followed Channels' (and 'Recommended Channels') list/bar. I know this list updates itself, but I also know it's not realtime. A refresh button would do the trick. It could be placed next to the 'Sort by' button.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. If it's your birthday have a chance to appear at front page

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I would like to have all games that are considered a port on IGDB to be included in the category list. The reason for this is that streamers cannot select the game that is more well-known to them due to geographical releases. For instance, considering that I am from North America, "Tetris Attack" is a game that I know about and not "Panel de Pon." Same thing with "Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse" where the original game is "Akumajou Densetsu." I also believe this shouldn't harm visibility as non-Japanese regions most likely have not heard of their Japanese game counterparts.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Everytime I start up Monster Hunter: World to stream, even with my category already set to the right game, Games + Demo's decideds to forcefully try to steal content that isn't theirs as soon as the stream gets going, and then after the VOD ends up with 'Games + Demo's' as the category.. I had to delete a clip because I was unable to change the category and like **** if these theives(bugs), as far as I'm concerened, are going to be allowed to keep it, I'm that tired of seeing that category do this that's all they are to…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please move the Carousel higher for promoted streamers during Black History Month, Women's History Month, and more.

The point of this is to get more eyes on lesser represented streamers and having to scroll down the page defeats this purpose. Above even "Live channels we think you'll like" would be amazing.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Blender is an open source 3D, VFX and video editing software and is commonly used by streamers to generate art or assets.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Aggie.io/ magmastudio.io should be a category on twitch because similar art ‘games’ have been on twitch such as gartic phone as their own category. Aggie/ magma is a draw together web browser that allow several artists to draw together simply by posting a link. This is helpful for when artists and even non-artists want to do an event together on twitch and they can draw together with their fans or simply friends. (Or as an idea-board for those who don’t intend to draw).

Having Aggie/ magma as a category would be helpful because people can now search it up as…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Dragonary is a game, and as such, anyone can play it, whether they have knowledge of cryptocurrencies/blockchain or not.
    The beta start in 06/28/2021.
    Its a game free to play and you not need to buy nothing to start.
    Playing you can mine to create new NFTs and more.
    With a simple google search you can find the main page for more details.
    Many people are waiting for it.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Apart from being able to select streams by view count, high to low and vice versa, why not make a different category for smaller streamers in games to separate from bigger streamers, allowing the smaller streamers to watch among themselves and build up their audience without having to compete for spotlight from bigger viewer capture-ers.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Twitch used to have categories for IOS gaming and Android gaming but they removed it.

I think you guys should put a mobile games category. Because you do have SOME mobile games accounted for but not all. I find myself having to use the just chatting category when I stream mobile games and it feels misleading. A mobile game category could cover bases really good for the game titles not up there like Love Island or Soul Ark.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. There should be a category for people who want to learn how to use a specific program and/or get better at a game/subject. Such as fl studio or photoshop.

People can stop by leave advice, help with links or tutorials. Other streamers can stream tutorials or provide help to other streams live.

People who wanna help with what they know and get help from people who know what they're doing can meet in one place.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Could literally be added here in the channels page http://i.imgur.com/5w1iyXi.jpg

You even ask for the language in the dashboard when changing title.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?