Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

61 results found

1. So they don't show up when you are looking under games for streams to watch.
    It would be great if you ignored a user, their channel didn't show up when you were looking for streams to watch

1,036 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I like that you can say "not interested" to specific games (or categories) but I wish you could do it for tags as well.

For example, if you don't want be recommended "no backseating allowed" channels, you should be able to filter those recommended channels out.

This would also be useful for filtering out non-English recommendations that I keep getting or certain game genres or stream types that that a user might not care about.

233 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Apart from being able to select streams by view count, high to low and vice versa, why not make a different category for smaller streamers in games to separate from bigger streamers, allowing the smaller streamers to watch among themselves and build up their audience without having to compete for spotlight from bigger viewer capture-ers.

179 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Twitch has different 'boosting' features available to some streamers, such as channel point boost challenges or the new Boost Train. While great in theory for discoverability, completed boost recommendations right now seem to be sent to completely random users.

This means that recommendations are not always seeking the audience that the streamer is hoping to reach, or is content viewers aren't looking for. For example, when checking my own Front Page for these boosted recommendations, I've mostly been recommended channels streaming in languages I do not speak, or in categories I've never engaged in as a viewer or streamer.

This…

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. People from the MENA /SWANA region want to be seen and a have a place where we can all come together and share our culture in a safe space. It would be amazing if we could get a guild.

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. So i got banned from a channel recently (Oops) and i keep getting this person in my recommended. It would be nice if people don't get streamers that they are banned from in their recommendations

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When on the main website, under the immediate games list (usually new or most popular), if you then click the ellipses and say NOT INTERESTED, let it disappear, and then come back an hour later- that same game SHOULD NOT APPEAR IN THE SAME LISTING for that user! Just because the game is popular (Let's use Fortnite as an example), doesn't mean I wanna watch it all the time. I've clicked NOT INTERESTED on so many games SO MANY TIMES that I (and possibly others who haven't voiced this) are tired of it all and we want it to actually…

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. TWITCH IS A VIABLE OPTION FOR ENTERTAINMENT THAT NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT!

As people emerge from their Covid cocoons, we find ourselves competing more and more with entertainment in the IRL world -- we've lost a lot of viewers, and we're not gaining enough new viewers.

To that end, I wish Twitch would invest a little advertising budget in raising awareness of the non-gaming parts of the Platform. There are so many artists with so much to offer, and so many great communities, but people just don’t know we’re here. I think a large segment of the public would…

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I've logged into Twitch today to find my recommendations page filled with stuff in Spanish, Turkish, Russian and Korean. I speak none of these. It's also offering me a "while [channel name] is offline" section for a channel I don't even follow. Fix your stupid algorithm.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I was just thinking about an idea that would probably help people who are new to streaming on Twitch to have a tab list of New and upcoming streamers who have like 100 followers or less to see an entire list of new streamers who haven't had that many followers to be easily seen to give chance for them to be noticed by channels who have slightly bigger followership and viewership. This would give new streamers a chance of being noticed and checked out, and also gives opportunity for bigger channels to drop them a raid too, because part of…

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please please let us mark someone recommended in the sidebar under the recommended section as not interested straight from the sidebar. It is so annoying to have a recommendation there that you want to get rid of that you can't. You're supposed to be able to find them on the main page and be able to mark not interested that way but today I could not find them there so now I'm stuck with the streamer in the sidebar. Super frustrating.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I have set some categories to not recommend for me. When I go to Browse Live Channels I see channels with those categories and I think that should be filtered out based on the category recommendation settings on the account.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. As reported on reddit [1] a stream that is in a promoted state (I believe this is the community reward boost thing?) doesn't have a Not interested option.

Could this please be added?

[1] https://www.reddit.com/r/Twitch/comments/n1w0nj/twitch_dont_show_the_option_not_interested_on_one/

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. If I follow a channel already, why does it continuously show up in the "Live Channels We Think You'll Like" section? What about this makes sense?

Please adjust your algorithm to remove already followed channels from this area and show non-followed channels only.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. On the following page under your Live Followed channels, there is the Recommended Channels section, which is completely devoid of the "three little dots" to indicate you aren't interested in a stream. I would just like to have the same option as under the general larger recommended category (since I rarely go there, yet frequently use the following one)

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Providing 'personal blacklists' would give users the ability to hide content they're sick of seeing and enable for a higher quality browsing of Twitch. This would give users the option to hide content or channels that are purposefully clickbait or channels that they don't want to see reappearing when browsing for a stream. Channels that constantly use all caps in their titles are annoying and we should have the ability to blacklist them for our accounts. Same goes for many of the streamers who have 66% of the screen covered by their face or 'other body parts' and only 33%…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. My concept is to put more discoverability on the platform by putting a button along side the notification and follow button when viewing a stream and will pop of a side menu of creators that are like the channel you are currently watching. However it is setup that while you are browsing you are not missing any moment from your favorite creator. I demonstrated this concept in a YouTube video of mine: https://youtu.be/4ERv5dqNMZ4

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I keep seeing these "recommended channels" but it's always the top streamer, or the speed run comps, stuff like this. I actually hate speed runs, because they are not actual game wins, so I don't want to see that. What if I could filter that out a bit and have more control over what's recommended to me? Maybe by selection of game genre, or specific game title? Anything other than being recommended to watch people cheat at games. I'm just trying to find a way to get the most out of twitch for me. Thanks for your time.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Motivation: Having 1/3 of the user's frontpage recommending unwanted items is not cool.

Current situation:

While there is the feature "Removing recommendations you are not interested in", the "3 vertical dots" menu is not provided for the topmost recommendation made in the frontpage.

It is also the only way to blacklist recommendations too, which is insufficient to capture user's intention, despite of how crucial recommendation is to UX.

Proposed solutions:

• Add the 3 vertical dots to the topmost recommendation

• Allow manual blacklist input in the settings page. Considering the team has already forgot to add the 3 vertical dots to…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. With the deprecation of Hosting ( https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/923383-creators-and-stream-features/suggestions/45659839-do-not-deprecate-hosts ) Raids become primary way to immediately share your viewer base with another channel, and Recommended Channels become the primary way to share your viewer base with another channel in the long term. In essence, when you aren't streaming, you add other channels to your Recommended Channels list, so that they will appear to your followers when you aren't streaming.

Part of what Hosting did, was that it provided a clear link between "A Streamer I already enjoy and follow" to "A New Streamer." The current Recommended Channels panel does not show this,…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?