Discover: Browsing and Searching

Discover: Browsing and Searching

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Serious either disable or give me the option to disable autoplay on the front page and anywhere else you have autoplay.

284 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

24 comments  ·  Discover Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. On the Homepage show smaller channels instead of bigger channels so virtually everyone can get followers easily.

124 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Discover Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The discovery page lacks a "Play Random" feature. It might be fun and interesting to enter a random stream in a Category. It might help casual and new users find entertaining streams much easily and faster.
    The user that clicks on the button will be forwarded to a random stream in the previously chosen category. To find another stream the user will simply click on the same button that will appear on the header of the page.

38 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Discover Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I find so many recommended channels in languages I do not speak nor understand. It would be literally better than sliced bread to be able to eliminate all recommendations by tags. No Russian. No French. No Spanish. I'm not going to watch these channels anyway, regardless of the game they're playing.

Please eventually work in a way to eliminate recommendations by tags.

22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Discover Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Would be great to let users customize there following page, by creating categories made by themselves. For example if I follow a lot of league of legends streamers, as user I want to create a category that groups up streamers that play more ARAM.
    In world of warcraft I want to create a category on my following page for streamers that focus content on PVP. It would be easy for me to look up for what I wanna watch.

Other way would be using the title of the streamer to improve the following page, by the game they are playing…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Discover Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. As many of you know twitch has little to no discoverability so I considered ideas on how that could change. Engagement is a huge part of a strong community and this system would reward it. The idea came to me from the Pre Roll Ad function. Pre roll ads are the ads you encounter when entering a streamers stream and twitch has a way to temporarily turn them OFF. When you manually run an ad from the dashboard the Pre Roll Ads turn off for a designated amount of time based on the length of the ad you ran. So…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Promising streamers with quality streams and good content under 50 viewers that deserve to get a push up the ladder. Recommended by twitch staff as a jury so streamers can't abuse the system. Addmission through form. Partnered streamers have the front page but promising affiliates that could be partnered deserve a light too.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. More categories for people to find..in Music put Art as they both equally important

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Increase discoverability and browsability:

The discover page should feature a section with a continuous, hashtag filterable, clips section. In an internet browser ala Firefox there should be a possibility to hover to follow and/or like a clip without leaving the page and the possibility to click through to a user's page. The algorithm should focus on a mixture of fresh content, and popular content, and ideally "learn" from the users actions.

On the mobile app this should be the FIRST and only feature on the front page, with the hamburger menu or swipe action available for changing focus.

This would…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When viewing games, they should show LOCALIZED box art (Steam does this, for example).

Most Chinese flavors of box art (among other locales) will have a completely different name [and even completely different box art] than English: Localized names and box art me be unrecognizable to the alt locale.

This can be added to the dev dashboard where we normally swap box art.

Now that Chinese has surpassed English on Steam (and since Steam supports this feat, too), it may be a good time for Twitch to climb aboard.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please add "Console" as a stream tag. With the addition of all the new console players who came over from Mixer, I think a way to sort and discover console players would make it easier for everyone just starting out new.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please add a gamedev category. Currently gamedev is bundled with science and technology, which shadows some of the new developers that I'd like to learn about. Having the oppurtunity to scroll through a directory dedicated for gamedev (be it programming, 3d asset creation, or level designing using ms paint), would greatly enhance many user's twitch experience.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. You should create a twitch channel that is kinda like a talk show. Where you bring streamers on big or small. They can come on describe their twitch experience as well as how they got started, the games they play, their schedules, etc. I believe that will help up an coming streamers as well as give streamers an Avenue to get discovered by new viewers. I also believe it would be a good mix with the streamers on the front page. You could do like a daily show or weekly and highlight said streamer with a raid and spotlight after…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. With comedy clubs across the country being closed many of them have turned to Twitch to keep shows going. I wish Comedy had it's own category.

I have recognized over 50 accounts that would consider themselves either Stand Up, Sketch Comedy, or Improv

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. PLEASE! Change the way you search portuguese tag. I am from portugal and we are a small country compared to brazil. Its extremely difficult to search a Portuguese channel, you have to filter the tag and open like 20 streams to check that 1 or 2 are actually from Portugal. Or hope that the title has something like [PT] in the beginning. Everyone here in portugal wants this! We are always talking that we only find brazilian channels. How can We find people from portugal twitch? Please help us on this. theres portuguese channels out there but we cant find…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I've logged into Twitch today to find my recommendations page filled with stuff in Spanish, Turkish, Russian and Korean. I speak none of these. It's also offering me a "while [channel name] is offline" section for a channel I don't even follow. Fix your stupid algorithm.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It is much easier for channels to grow on YouTube so make it easier like that. For example, the more audience retention per viewer a small stream has, then it probably means that it is a quality stream, so promote it more. That is just an idea for a small streamer tool that could be used for them to grow faster.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Discover new games to watch easier maybe a tab or a page somewhere to find newly released games

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Motivation: Having 1/3 of the user's frontpage recommending unwanted items is not cool.

Current situation:

While there is the feature "Removing recommendations you are not interested in", the "3 vertical dots" menu is not provided for the topmost recommendation made in the frontpage.

It is also the only way to blacklist recommendations too, which is insufficient to capture user's intention, despite of how crucial recommendation is to UX.

Proposed solutions:

• Add the 3 vertical dots to the topmost recommendation

• Allow manual blacklist input in the settings page. Considering the team has already forgot to add the 3 vertical dots to…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 100 people queue up for a drop on a random streamer. You could have events where 500, or even 1,000 people could queue up for a drop. This feature could be turned off by streamers who do not want a random drop of viewers and for streamers with a certain amount of current viewers would not be applicable. I believe this would help keep newer streamers motivated to stay streaming for a chance that they might get a 100 viewers randomly. And ads could be rolled while people are queueing up.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?