Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

660 results found

1. I can hardly remember my stream started smoothly so I'd like to have a category for test streaming and fixing some settings before the actual theme of a translation.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Just saw that in Twitch is now posible to sleep, personally i see this as a complete disrepect for the little streamers that are trying their best to grow, doing amazing things and the fact that the ''big ones'' are sleeping and winning more and more followers that maybe the little streamers may afford by their own is just not fair.

Twitch, really, you should go back and ban the ones sleeping, because with this category everyone could make a really long stream by sleeping, and personally i think that if you make a long stream is because you can…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It is frustrating as a streamer that there is no category for when you just want to play random games, switching between games on your system and having a general game jam. We are forced to use the Just Chatting category and then people who look for that category are miffed to find you gaming, and your normal viewers will skip you because they think you're not gaming. You then spend half your stream explaining the situation to the few who do pop in. Please can we have a Random Gaming or Misc Gaming or Just Gaming category to use?

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Creating more relevant categories so streamers can be discovered easier and grow faster
    Categories to ADD: Charity streams, awareness + events, I want it to be easier for viewers to support charity events and help with big causes that need help and fast. 2 Examples being the australia fires in 2020 and BLM.
    -Cosplay, we have an art category so could we also have a cosplay one instead of using a tag and sitting in just chatting?
    -Singing, we have many singers on here and I think they deserve a section
    Also create clearer IRL categories to prevent people incorrectly…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hide certain stream categories, simple, there are categories/subcategories(filters like games, language etc all the categories that are currently available) out there that i never watch and am not interested in, an option to hide those would make my browsing experience a lot better
    Thanks in advance, keep up the good work
    PS hide specific streamers would be nice too

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I'm asking to add "Indie game" as a category and not just as a tag. To begin I would like to site an original post that was Declined.

https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310210-discover/suggestions/20615884-have-an-indie-category-like-retro-creative-irl-etc#comments

This letter was declined because the games are auto tagged as "Indie game". My counterpoint is that a common user doesn't know how to search by tag. It is not as accessible as the category search. For smaller streamers and game developers it is difficult for a casual user of the app/site to discover their content. For example "Adventure Lamp" has 4 Followers and is greatly unknown. It is a fantastic…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I think it'd be great for 3d printing to have its own section so they can be easily found by people that like to watch it!

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Upon the Launch of Just Dance 2023 Edition, they switched to a new engine and that is officially the main Just Dance. If you look at the title screen, the game is just called "Just Dance". 2023 & 2024 are "Song Packs" for the base game. Since they drop song packs every year now, it keeps splitting the viewerbase more and more due to it being marked as separate games. We would like the possibility to merge Just Dance 2023 & 2024 categories and call it "Just Dance" instead. This game is the last in the series and will just…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. On Twitch over the last couple of years the idea and concept of a 'Console Challenge' has been around.

The general concept of a 'Console Challenge' is when an individual or a group of people get together to try an 'beat' or get to the credits of every game in a consoles library.

The general streaming category for most console Challenge runners is either using the 'Retro' section of twitch, or streaming in the games own category.

As a console challenger myself, over the last year or so the concept and idea has been getting more interest as more find…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Especially with a major charity drive, the Four Job Fiesta, coming up and focusing on this game, there is literally no reason for Final Fantasy V to have two exactly duplicated game listings on Twitch - but it will harm viewership to have followers randomly being split between two listings.

This is barely even a suggestion, it's just a straight up bug to have a literal duplicate category. Please just fix this.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We would love to see a general Star Wars category where all fans doing all things Star Wars related could stream in that category. For example, playing SWTOR? You could stream in that category. Star Wars cosplayers could stream in the category. Other Star Wars games, same thing. The Star Wars game viewership isn't as large as other categories, but Star Wars content combined could be something great. We'd love to see this happen so we could help the games get more traffic and meet a lot more Star Wars nerds. ;o) Thanks!

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Cleaning & Organization & Budgeting

It is not a gender role ; it is a life skill.

Sub Category as follows

Cleaning House. Dishes , laundry , vacuuming , and such alike.

Organize your life. Clearing the hoard and sorting what you have .

Budgeting for the Future. Financing Bill paying to checkbook balancing ( Applied Math)

Scheduling. Journaling and Calendaring to make your life run smoother

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hi! The fact that the "Go" Category has the "Mobile Game" tag has bugged all of us who use it for a while, as Go is not a mobile game, and is in fact a board game. I would suggest replacing it with "Strategy".

If this isn't where I should bring this up, please tell me where I can contact someone that can remove this tag.

Thanks!

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. "Super Mario All-Stars" is widely played as a way to complete multiple different games at once, which requires a category.
    Also I have confirmed that this game exists on IGDB.
    https://www.igdb.com/games/super-mario-all-stars

I'm having trouble with the deletion of the category for this game, which is my main game. Please respond to this issue.
    The same thing is happening with "Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World", so please add both games.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Shibari is an art form and if given the ability to educate and teach others safely, I believe a lot of viewers would enjoy learning about its therapeutic nature and artistic beauty.
    I have been practicing shibari as "self-ties" for nearly four years and have, recently, become more public about the therapeutic and artistic nature of shibari and have found that a lot of people are curious and wanting to learn more about Rope. Besides YouTube, there aren't a lot of video platforms that casually speak and or talk about shibari without associating it with bondage and kink. With so…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Cada vez mas los radioaficionados utilizamos esta plataforma para dar visibilidad a nuestra aficion y seria interesante nos dieran su ayuda incluyendo la categoria radioaficionados. Una aficion dedicada a las comunicaciones y a la experimentacion de las ondas de radio.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The NeoTokyo category is missing on Twitch which is very unfortunate because the competitive community that still exists for the game can't get any recognition and has a hard time growing because we can't showcase the game correctly on the top streaming website.

Due to this, people stream the game on various categories, and right now all the competitions are streamed on the "Half Life 2" category, which isn't correct since NeoTokyo became a standalone game a long time ago (and is no longer a Source Mod).

While the game or the community is not huge, adding the category would…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I'd really love to see a City Builder or City Building. Strategy is too broad.

• Admin audit: Removed "tag" since the intent was to create a category. Custom tag can now be applied to address this as a tag.
    19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. One thing I noticed while streaming some fan games or lesser known games is that a lot of them don't have any Cover Art which (in my opinion) makes their visibility worse bc they are more difficult to notice between similar named games.

My suggestion is that instead of waiting for a game developer, that might never bother to check whether Twitch has a Cover Art for the game or not, we could use the Cover Art that IGDB already has until further contact with a developer.
    After all, we are already getting the game list from there.

That way…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?