Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

652 results found

1. Dear Twitch,

Please can you create a 'Religions, Faith and Beliefs' category?

It would make a huge difference to religious content streamers and those looking to find religious content.

Right now, religious streamers typically stream using the 'Just Chatting' category.

The unfortunate reality is that within this category there are literally hundreds of streams.

This puts them at the bottom of a very long list of more popular stream since the default filter is to have those with the most followers showing first and those with less, further down the page. We only have 11 followers and so for us…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Twitch responded

Hey there!

I just wanted to reach out to make sure you were aware that we did actually add a lot of religious tags to Twitch. While this doesn’t solve the whole issue you are bringing up here I wanted to make sure you were aware that we do have some tools already available to help religious communities find one another on the site.

You can look through all our tags here: https://www.twitch.tv/directory/all/tags

2. Twitch has to create space for so-called models who make adult content and use Twitch as an advertising platoform. They should be separated from "browse all" section of Twitch. Also previews of this streams should be hidden all time. There's huge difference between game with fictional +18 content and real models who wiggle their ***** IRL, so it needs to be additionally regualted and limited.

Reasons:
    1. Primitive poor content (just chatting without actual chatting, because chat is fullfilled by "this message deleted" lines).
    2. ****** suggestive content (in 1-2 clicks using links on streamer's channel you can find real…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Would love to see Theater/script-reading or acting as a category just like Art, Music, Podcasts.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Zero Hour has an incorrect description that describes a game I cannot find that exists. The Zero Hour described, and the one that streamers have been using, should say something like:

"Zero Hour is a tactical FPS with online team-based gameplay that takes place in a variety of fictional locations interpreted in Bangladesh with Real-life scale & resource management. It brings a grounded, close quarter combat experience to the game."

Images are on Steam but the devs would probably supply the logo in a heartbeat to correct the current misrepresentation of the game on Twitch as streamers have been using…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hey, so, there's a category called Pokémon Trading Card Game, which is the name of two different things. It's both the name of a Game Boy Color game popular in speedrunning, as well as the name of a physical card game. It is unclear to me if the category is intended to represent the GBC video game or if it represents the real life physical card game, but it is used by both, which is very confusing and makes streams difficult to find. Could this category be split into two separate categories, one for the physical card game (booster pack…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. There should be categories for things outside of traditional gaming, art, DND, and "just chatting." Streamers on twitch doing things outside of what is considered traditional have issues gaining exposure due to Twitch's lack of categories. An 'Experimental' category would be useful for those attempting to gain traction for something outside of the limited categories that exist.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It seems following a category is no longer working. And the followed categories tab does not show all the game titles I followed.

I may have followed many titles, but I don't think there should be a limit to that.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. For the builders and enthusiasts that enjoy the hardware behind their games. To have a more focused approach to our viewers. We are here to showcase PC Hardware builds, educate viewers on best practices and to be able to interact with chat to help. From planning, to building step-by-step system builds if it may be a straight forward "AIO build" to high end complex custom hard tube water cooling builds. We have Just chatting or Science & Technology currently, but I feel we could reach more by defining the building side of the machines we all love to use everyday.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. We need more specific options that's not "Just Chatting." ---and tags for them don't always work.

Since for many communities... especially for tiny ones, vtuber streamers, and/or female streamers owned ones.
    This category is EASY troll, bots, and cyber bully bait.---

Had plenty of those in my channel due to being tiny community and "female owned."
    (Even if I'm not on camera and I don't have the tag saying "female" "woman" Etc. related--- Just because of my u/n and my voice)

Also "Just Chatting" is way to vague... I get if you're talking about certain topics.

(Shout out also to…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hello there
    I have found out that there is missing a "Splittermond" Categorie.

While there is a Dungeons & Dragons or Pathfinder categorie, Splittermond is missing one for it self. wich makes it extremly difficult to set up the stream for said Pen and Paper.
    Especially cause you need a categorie and there is niether a "Pen and Paper" categorie for Pen and Paper games that are missing.

So to conclude: it would be nice to add both categories or at least a "Pen and Paper" Categorie.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Twitch can be leveraged as an educational tool as well as an entertainment tool. Much of Data Science/Engineering is visually and mentally engaging such as visualizing in Tableau or building a full-stack architecture. Data literacy is the next staple of literacy that younger generations will need to not only succeed professionally but make productive judgements and decisions in the world.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Meiner Meinung nach fehlen einige passende Kategorien. Ich habe zum einen keine passende Kategorie zu Programmieren, Designen und entsprechend Apps, Websites oder Spiele Entwicklung gefunden.
    Folgende Kategorien wären wirklich super:
    - Game Development/ Spieleentsicklung
    - App Development/ App Entwicklung
    - Web Development/ Web Entwicklung
    - Software Engineering/ Softwareentwicklung
    - Game Design -or- Game Asset Design
    - Programmierung
    - App Design
    - Web Design
    - UI/UX Design
    - 3D Design
    - 2D
    - Modelling

Wenn Sie diese Kategorien hinzufügen, dann würde es mich sehr freuen und es gibt einige Streamer die eines der Themen Streamen, aber dann immer Kategorien wie "IRL"…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. please oput a corn tag available for streams id like to catgoetohziriae mine as corn

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Currently people use "retro" when talking about old games, but this isn't accurate. "Retro" means something new that seems to be old, not something old. Since I'm sure you won't actually get people to use Retro correctly, can you please add a general "classic" category, or some other accurate way to describe playing an older game?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I'd love to see additional spiritual and metaphysical categories so people doing spiritual content can pick something other than tarot :)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I have a very new and unique stream on Twitch, Which gets lost in the contaminated and incorrectly titled streams in Fitness and Health. I seem to find that a lot of streams are Hot tubs or People falling asleep and claiming it is health as their reasoning.

I would like to have a Category dedicated to the Climbing and Bouldering side of things as a fitness activity, that is also a recognised sport too.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I've been looking at how to get a card game that is currently being streamed on twitch by a few people listed in IGDB so that twitch will have it listed as a game.

Currently people are just streaming it under the Magic the Gathering label because you have to pick something and that is card-gamey. But whilst MTG is the largest card game, many other games are seeing success online in various forms.

Whilst pokemon and MTG command the limelight in terms of box openings etc.
    There are plenty of people playing other card games virtually over webcam or…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Most if not all people know this game as "Jet Set Radio" and when people try to find it they only see "Jet Grind Radio" and that makes some people believe that they're 2 different games leading them to stream in the wrong category. Ever since the HD port of the game released back in 2012 the game has been officially known as Jet Set Radio too. The current name is now outdated and incorrect.

Changing the name to "Jet Set Radio" would make less people confused when they search for the game.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I found a channel that does hypnosis sessions to help with stress and relaxation and I feel that this channel isn't getting the attention it rightfully deserves. A certified hypnotist is doing free sessions to help people and they have to use just chatting. Can we get a hypnosis category or at the very least a tag?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. This is a very popular strategy game !

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 8 10 12 32 33
  • Don't see your idea?