Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. It is hard enough finding trans representation in our daily lives. With the LGBTQIA+ tag, one still needs to browse through channels and spend time in them to find trans streamers. A "trans" tag would help people searching for these communities.

8,691 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1106 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As promised – just checking in to let you all know that we haven’t forgotten you. We still do not have anything to share, but the team is reading all of your feedback to take into consideration. Thank you all for your continued patience!

2. The rise of the VR industry and the relatively new phenomenon of Virtual Streamers and Virtual Youtubers has made impact on sites like Twitch as well. There is a very large (800+ and growing) community of streamers on twitch who use a virtual avatar combined with face tracking software to use instead of webcams. VR is already a tag, but it would be nice to distinguish this category for those who use avatars and may play the role of a character. (like HoloLive, for example) It's not much different than having Anime as a tag, for example.

Thank you very…

1,947 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

94 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey guys!

I just wanted to add some context for tags on this thread.

I myself am an avid vtuber fan and we super appreciate this feedback. It’s definitely something we take to heart and know the community wants.

As far as a tags go they are aimed at the stream and the content of the stream and not aimed towards the streamer.

You can more context on tags here https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/guide-to-tags?language=en_US

3. The black community has always deserved representation in every single space that we exist in. There are content creators who feel invalidated because we are unable to find other members of the black community on Twitch, especially during a time that we need to stand as one. The black community deserves representation, validation and acknowledgment. We deserve a black tag so that we can find, communicate and uplift each other.

Please create the black tag.

902 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. "Flow Arts": As the current world condition has taken us from previous live festivals and performance, many Flow Artists and Dancers are turning to virtual and broadcasted live performances of their talents. Traditionally, we as dancers, hula-hoop performers, jugglers, poi spinners and other similar disciplines, have had to gravitate towards the "Music & Performance Art" category. (With no specific tag identifying us as with Flow Artists, nor dancers). Now that Twitch has adjusted back to "Music" as the original category, we have migrated to "just chatting"; it doesn't really identify our community at all, among others that actually do feature…

585 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

77 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Disabled gamers often face more or different hardships than abled streamers do. There are so many amazing users on Twitch who are disabled, and they deserve a "disabled" tag. Disabled streamers need a way to find each other and weave our communities together, and disabled viewers need a way to find streamers they want to watch and connect with.

396 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The number of study/co-working streamers has increased dramatically over the last few months and co-working is likely to become a very popular niche on twitch! Many people now work or study from home and the co-working community is a very welcoming and friendly place. Please add a tag so we can identify ourselves and make it easier for like-minded people to find us!
    Thank you
    ~AndRumpleteazer

391 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Many people in the world i believe mostly at least bilingual, or even rarely some people speak Trilingual and Multilingual, so in the dashboard let us for streamers to choose what language are we broadcasting. For example "English" and "Chinese or "Korean" and "English" or even rarely maybe? "English" + "Korean" + "German"

289 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I wish Twitch had a feature which let you set your pronouns to appear in chat.
    People who have set their pronouns will have them appear next to their name in chat.

The chatter sets their pronouns in the badge-set up.

Big question is implementation.

• hovering over username will show it?

• or another line below or next to the username to say it?

• or are the gender specific signs enough?

The originator of that idea already made a quick version of the version that would show pronouns next to the chatter's username

https://twitter.com/edelhresvelg/status/1284526998237265920

253 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. A veteran tag would allow the various veteran streaming communities to find each other, and assist each other better. Many veterans stream to help others fighting PTSD, trauma, and veteran suicide.

241 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. When switching category to a game that gives an epilepsy warning, could the auto-tag system also add in an "Epilepsy Warning" tag to be able to filter through.

182 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make the language settings able to set multiple languages for one stream so a wider audience can be reached.

129 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I think no one use the Map filter on Counter-Strike: Global Offensive channels.
    Filter by language I think it's the best solution for all streamers. (Like all other games)

121 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. A disabled tag would be great and it would be a way to find gamers that don't play games "traditionally"

116 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Implementation of a disabled tag would mean being able to raise awareness and connect with other disabled creators. Disabled creators face difficulties that able bodied creators don't and being able to connect with others and find eachother more easily would be great.

Disabled isnt a bad word and this would be a step in the right direction of raising awareness about that and helping viewers to find creators they identify with and have similar experiences with.

111 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. As an Asturian user I love to watch asturian streamers. But Twitch plataform don't allow me to set that my videos are in Asturian because I can't specify that I'm streaming in Asturian I must choose: "Others".

This situation creates a problem for at least 600,000 people that speak Asturian because we have no easy method to find videos/streams in our language.

For that reason, We will really appreciate that twitch adds Asturian (Asturianu) language as an option on Language settings of Live Streams.

NOTE: that we are not asking to translate the whole platform. We only want an easy…

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. In my experience, few viewers actually remember whether they got the Mature Content warning when they first joined a channel.
    In addition to the existing Family Friendly tag, a tag to mark channels with an age rating and allowed behaviours would be highly useful as a constantly present reminder and a quick way to double check what topics might be appropriate.
    Example tags: Adult Topics, Swearing Allowed, 16+

Ideally there would be a way to set a default tag to apply, but also a way to change the tag for events like co-streams where one might have a different rating…

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. It would be great to have Belarusian language (would be written as "Беларуская") as one of the available options in "Stream Information".

No translation of the platform is not asked for, only the language to filter streams by.

Thanks in advance!

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. resin - I've found a lot of resin artists, including myself, doing this more on stream. Alas, there is no tag to share with everyone - that we're doing it.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. With the growing use of gaming as therapy for many combat veterans, there is a growing subculture of veterans on Twitch as well as other streaming platforms. In order for us to find our brothers and sisters in arms, this would be a great addition to the tag listings.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Hey everyone! I started a couple weeks ago my embroidery work. But sadly there is no Embroidery-Tag. I found tags like Crochet oder Knitting. Even Cross Stitch is listed. But Embroidery is missing. And I talked to some embroidery artist who are streaming on Twitch too. They miss the Embroidery-Tag too.
    Furthermore I had some people in my stream who told me, that they started doing embroidery work and were looking for inspiration and advises on twitch. An Embroidery Tag would help them really out, to find what they are looking for.
    Thank you very much in advance for a…

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?