• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 5,937 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Hi all! We really appreciate all of the wonderful feedback and passion surrounding this topic. Reading through the comments, we wanted to clarify one point that may have caused confusion:

The purpose of this experiment with new directories is intended to better highlight broad groupings of content by bringing them together in directories where they wouldn’t be in direct competition with each other, increasing their exposure. In this way, creative content stands to have better exposure by being separated from gaming, etc. We will know better once the experiment concludes and we’re able to review the data in full.

That being said, through your feedback, we also recognize that the broad naming of the category as “IRL” doesn’t acknowledge that Creative and IRL content are distinct. We will be evaluating the results of the experiment to determine how we can continue to best support communities’ growth, while ensuring we are…

2. It is hard enough finding trans representation in our daily lives. With the LGBTQIA+ tag, one still needs to browse through channels and spend time in them to find trans streamers. A "trans" tag would help people searching for these communities.

5,229 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

669 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As promised – just checking in to let you all know that we haven’t forgotten you. We still do not have anything to share, but the team is reading all of your feedback to take into consideration. Thank you all for your continued patience!

3. The rise of the VR industry and the relatively new phenomenon of Virtual Streamers and Virtual Youtubers has made impact on sites like Twitch as well. There is a very large (800+ and growing) community of streamers on twitch who use a virtual avatar combined with face tracking software to use instead of webcams. VR is already a tag, but it would be nice to distinguish this category for those who use avatars and may play the role of a character. (like HoloLive, for example) It's not much different than having Anime as a tag, for example.

Thank you very…

1,578 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

79 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey guys!

I just wanted to add some context for tags on this thread.

I myself am an avid vtuber fan and we super appreciate this feedback. It’s definitely something we take to heart and know the community wants.

As far as a tags go they are aimed at the stream and the content of the stream and not aimed towards the streamer.

You can more context on tags here https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/guide-to-tags?language=en_US

4. With a recent update, Twitch merged all remakes of games in the directory with its original game for whatever reason. Now remakes of popular franchises such as Legend of Zelda, Resident Evil, etc. are all fighting over visibility in the same directory. This is also a problem for remakes of games that have completely different names from its original game, such as Kirby Nightmare in Dream Land, the remake of Kirby's Adventure for NES released on GBA, who's directory is now completely gone because ????

I don't understand what the point of this change is. There was absolutely nothing wrong…

1,281 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

76 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. As a Galician streamer I love to watch other galician streamers. But twitch plataform don't allow me to set that my videos are in Galego because I can't specify that I'm streaming in Galego. I must choose: "Others".

This situation creates a problem for at least 3.000.000- 4 million people that speak galician because we have no easy method to find videos/streams in our language.

For that reason, We will really appreciate that twitch adds Galician (Galego) language as an option on Language settings of Live Streams.

NOTE: that we are not asking to translate the whole platform. We only…

944 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

102 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. help on gaining a fellowship or audience very hard as a small streamer, a place were we can go to help each other and spread our channels

777 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I, alongside many other streamers broadcasting animation, noticed recent changes in Twitch — "Creative" was replaced with more specific terms in the creative industry, like Art, Culinary, etc...

Missing from this selection was "Animation", which many streamers, as myself, think differently from an Art as a "game", and it would be greatly appreciated, for both me and for other fellow animators, to have that as an option separate from "Art".

Also considering that Twitch's 2017 Animation Contest was held, it would make sense to have a game dedicated to all the animators that also stream on the platform.

756 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Every time I am trying to find a programming or game development stream to watch (which is a very specific type of stream) I get lost in all the growing plants and raising chickens 24/7 streams. While on the other hand there are a lot of programming and or game development streams that really deserve their own category. Being a part of the live-coders community I feel that splitting science & technology in a more granular way would benefit everybody. Both in terms of search-ability and clarity.

732 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

84 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. It would be super lit to have an Indie category to play lesser-known games. Very often I'll try to stream an Indie game and it either wont be listed on Twitch or have 0 viewers. It would be beneficial to indie devs too to get their name/games out there.

672 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Twitch should be allowed to be a place not just for entertainment, but also for learning and education. People who wants to stream educational content are currently not allowed to participate on Twitch, unless they are artists or programmers. Twitch is one of the largest streaming services, and while there is plenty of educational material on the internet, there is a lack of interactive, free to use services for interactive classes. Twitch could become a fantastic plattform for students, teachers and groups who wants to learn in a more interactive environment, that they can't get with other learning resources on…

621 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. The browsing itself is great, I like that we can browse separate subcategories (for example in Gaming) like Shooter, Action & Adventure, Role Playing etc but it would be great if the shown streams weren't all the highest viewer counts. Yeah it increases the discoverability but only if you're in the top 5-10.

Maybe there is a way to display random streams from that category/subcategory? A mix of different channels would be great so streamers with lower view counts don't disappear. Especially because expanding the subcategory only gives you a few more streams, not all of them. Normally we can…

556 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. So they don't show up when you are looking under games for streams to watch.
    It would be great if you ignored a user, their channel didn't show up when you were looking for streams to watch

421 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

107 comments  ·  Recommendations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ranging from writing and discussing novels, to poetry, scripts, comics, article editing, tabletop campaign planning, world creation, etc. There are a wide array of people doing various forms of creative writing on twitch, (Counted 53 channels so far, still working on finding more) and often it's hard to decide between "Creative" "Art" or "Just Chatting". Currently all we have to search for similar content is the "Writing" tag, which some of the broader definitions are hesitant to use, and is also used by people writing computer code, which is honestly a very different type of content despite it's visual similarities.

380 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

74 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Hi,
    My name is Ludovic Iochem, I am in the senior management team of a Visual effects company called DNEG, multi Oscars winner Company.
    I am on twitch under the name : Keepcalmiminvfx
    I have been streaming for a couple of month and are slowly but surely building my community around a Discord Server counting more than 2800 after 3 months (the biggest VFX Discord available).

I am a friend of a few Twitch Streamer, also streaming Visual Effects related contents, review sessions and techniques demonstration like Hugo's Desk, AndrewHogdson3D, STFvfx, etc...
    More and more people from the Industry are coming…

324 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. On the frontpage, feature 1 small, quality streamer, next to the top streamers. Newcomers and hidden gems could be featured there to give them some more exposure. Obviously it has to be a quality stream so they could/should be picked by the twitch staff.

320 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Serious either disable or give me the option to disable autoplay on the front page and anywhere else you have autoplay.

286 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Discover Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. when i was a small streamer i found it hard to get followers. i had a good quality stream and a couple of friends who watched my stream. and i think that new streamers are pretty much abandoned, they should get the chance to get bigger instead of waiting months for just a couple of viewers to pop buy

257 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Traditional and Digital artists make up their own large chunk of a media. Shoe-horning them into IRL seems detrimental to that subclass of twitch streamers.

246 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Many people in the world i believe mostly at least bilingual, or even rarely some people speak Trilingual and Multilingual, so in the dashboard let us for streamers to choose what language are we broadcasting. For example "English" and "Chinese or "Korean" and "English" or even rarely maybe? "English" + "Korean" + "German"

232 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Recently, I've tried new content at my stream. I was reading for my viewers different books and received a good feedback from them. I think that if "Food" and "Creative" exist, "Reading" might also get it's own popularity.

228 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?