Discover: Browsing and Searching

Discover: Browsing and Searching

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add gaming as a category so my followers/ viewers can search for my streams more easier instead of Talk shows/podcasts because it is not a correct category for my streams and I'm not doing a podcast for my streams. I'm only gaming for my streams.

Thanks for your understanding and try to add this streaming category as a gaming category in a next update . Btw, I stream on Twitch Mobile App on my Iphone 12 Pro.

If anyone can vote for this, it'd be very appreciative so Twitch can know that this can be considered or added as a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hi,
    I would like to request an Ally or Accomplice tag for the LGBTQIA+ community. I consider myself an accomplice, but am not LGBTQIA+. I want to make sure people know that my space is a safe space.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Portuguese people can't find portuguese streams,
    There's no way to filter only portuguese portugal streams, people find tons of brazilian streams because there are simply more people streaming in brazil (because they speak portuguese as well).

It's unfair that the browse page does not work to us. Twitch should already addressed this. The website stays the same, there's nothing new to reach to new audiences easily.

Do you believe that portuguese people should remain happy by searching brazilian channels? Of course we want to search people from our country, we feel closer to them and we want to support them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Hey, so, there's a category called Pokémon Trading Card Game, which is the name of two different things. It's both the name of a Game Boy Color game popular in speedrunning, as well as the name of a physical card game. It is unclear to me if the category is intended to represent the GBC video game or if it represents the real life physical card game, but it is used by both, which is very confusing and makes streams difficult to find. Could this category be split into two separate categories, one for the physical card game (booster pack…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. A category for people streaming cooking, baking, cake decorating, etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I've been using this site since J.TV and holy shit you guys have really been dropping the ball as of late. Solid idea letting Amazon buy you out btw. Anyway, please let me change my fucking followers list back to most views to least views. I don't want to be a fucking guinea pig for your test, I did not sign up to help you awful site runners imput another shitty idea that 7 people asked for. Let me change my followers list back to how it has been for the past OH I DONT KNOW FOREVER SINCE IT'S BEEN…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Pokémon Let's Go Eevee should be the same category on Twitch again. I am unsure why the change occurred but given the series it is no different than Pokémon Sword/Shield being one game. I think the split loses visibility on these games that still get a decent amount of traction on Twitch, thus hiding the streamers that frequent them.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I hate how the channels are showed randomly and would love to at least have the option to turn the followed channels list back to highest viewer priority

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Personalized Followed Channels List  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Shiny hunting is a huge part of the Pokémon community here on Twitch and has been for many years. In the past it was easy enough to type 'shiny hunting' into the main search bar and a list of relevant streams would pop up. However, With the current Twitch algorithm and layout changes it has now become very difficult to find live streams dedicated to shiny hunting specifically. This is particularly true in older game/generation categories as Shiny hunting streams get lost amongst Nuzlocks and lets plays etc. The only medium to tell if a channel is streaming shiny hunting…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I see why it is good for streamers and viewers, but can we have an option to sort them by viewers not watch time. There is just something that triggers me whenever I am looking at numbers and they are not sorted Highest to lowest or vice versa. I again I just ask for adding an option not reverting. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Stop sorting followed channels by something other than current viewers.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Personalized Followed Channels List  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. As a French Canadian viewer, the interface makes it very difficult to find content from my region. I would recommend creating a filter to narrow down the search. In either the form of a regional tag or a French Canadian tag.

A potential filter could take in account the proximity of the content creator.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Simply having one "Music" category isn't not enough. As this area of the platform has gown, navigating though the music section is becoming increasingly more difficult to find the streamers/topics you want.

While I think there could be multiple more categories, I'd specifically request a "Synthesizer" category. While this may not be a popular choice in its current state, there are a large group of active users and streamers that are interested in exclusively synthesizer related music performance streams. We are on religiously every day and the main way we all go about finding new synthesizer performer streams is through…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Twitch on January 12th merged the categories for Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels and Super Mario Bros. 2.

These are completely separate games with completely separate gameplay, streamers, and audiences. The merging seems to be done by mistake as they both share similarities in their naming variants, Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels often called Super Mario Bros. 2 (Japan) as it was the original sequel released in Japan only.

On IGDB, both Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels and Super Mario Bros. 2 have separate categories, so this seems to have been done via manual intervention on Twitch…

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Twitch on January 12th merged the categories for Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels and Super Mario Bros. 2.

These are completely separate games with completely separate gameplay, streamers, and audiences. The merging seems to be done by mistake as they both share similarities in their naming variants, Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels often called Super Mario Bros. 2 (Japan) as it was the original sequel released in Japan only.

On IGDB, both Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels and Super Mario Bros. 2 have separate categories, so this seems to have been done via manual intervention on Twitch…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. This new order in the followed channel list is dog shit ! "based on the viewer behavior" my ass! Lets viewer choose how he wants to sort his followed channel list. It would actualy never put up smaller streamer it would just make us watch the same one over and over again. The only thing it does is messing up your channel list, it's like changing every books order in a library every week or so. It's soooo anoying. When i want to watch some streamers with a lower view count (that i already follow, so I already wanna watch…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. You guys for some reason ruined the categories for the Mario series. You removed Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels, and instead made it a part of Super Mario Bros. 2. These are completely different games. Honestly a very unusual thing to do? Please return it to the way it was before, when these 2 different games had separate categories.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Can we get a Roguelite/Roguelike tag? they are some of my favorite games to play or watch and I feel it would help people find more of the genre and also find more people who enjoy them as well!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I could really use a tag to indicate specifics about technical streams. Currently there is only really an Engineering tag to very broadly cover a range of technical subjects and activities, and adding something like a Science tag for scientific demos, discussions, or applications, and adding something like a Repair or Maintenance tag would cover streams of repair demonstrations or technical troubleshooting which is difficult to represent in tags currently.

There is some room for flexibility in what they ultimately are, but if I want to troubleshoot a broken circuit, for example, I can only call it engineering, which is…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bug: The Spelunky HD game is no longer available as a streaming option

Type of Bug: Regression

Expected: Three available Spelunky games as streaming options: Spelunky Classic, Spelunky HD, and Spelunky 2

You can see the bug in the creator dashboard when choosing a game:

https://pasteboard.co/JJcgoM3.png

It seems to me that this is a categorization issue with IGDB where Spelunky Classic and Spelunky HD are incorrectly marked as two versions of the same game (something any Spelunky player would tell you is not true), but when I suggested those edits they were discarded.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?