Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1322 results found

1. Currently (that I'm aware of), there is no way to promote your channel while you're offline - unless of course it's through another site (e.g. TikTok, YouTube, etc).
    So, I thought of a solution. How about adding an 'Offline Recommendations' tab underneath the 'Recommended Channels' tab list - this would replace the previous 'Friends' tab.

How it works:
    It'll work similarly to the current Recommended Channels, except only offline streamers. That way, it gives creators more reach with less effort! Of course, it should only recommend streamers that have been live within the past XX amount of days to prevent…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. As someone who frequently goes into categories for my favourite games to find new potential streamers to watch I find it to be quite the eyesore to see stream preview thumbnails cluttered by so many things. Top left is a useless icon telling me that the streamer is live, top right has a timer of how long they've been live for, and the bottom left has their viewer count.

That's three out of four corners taken up by rubbish that obscures the preview. Most streamers who have a webcam place them in the corners, thus there's a 75% chance that…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It'd be nice if we could see if a channel has any restrictions before we join it. For example, if I find a stream under the Browse page, I'd love to be able to see if that channel uses "Follower only chat" or "Subscriber only chat" and so on. I hate it when I join a channel just to find out that I have to follow the channel to be able to interact with the streamer/commuinity (especially if it's a smaller stream).

It'd be handy if there were small icons under the preview of the stream that gives you this…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Indie games on Twitch have close to zero discoverability. As an indie horror streamer myself, it would be amazing if instead of choosing the game title (that most won’t know to look for) there was a category for Indie Horror Games. Indie Horror Games should have it’s own category much like Retro Games do. The same goes for all other genres of indie games. Even just an Indie Games category in general would help. Not only would it give more discoverability to indie game streamers, but also to the indie game developers as well. I know many other streamers who…

311 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Don't Recommend XQC's Channel or any other Gambling streamers to new viewers.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I would really like a save the world as a category option as I don't feel it fits into just fortnite category. Most people want to see battle royal mode and use fortnite category to find it. But as a save the world founder, I've noticed people want to learn how to play this game but can't filter it out from battle royal. This basically makes content creators undiscoverable on save the world mode. There's been an increasing interest in this mode and I'd like to show people it.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Currently, when you type in a tag you want to filter by, it automatically switches you to the Live Channels tab. When you switch back to the Categories tab, it says the tag is still applied, but will show you categories/games that don't have a single stream with that tag, so you click a game and it will then tell you there are no live channels for that game. This means you can't, for example, browse only streams of a particular game tagged with a particular language.
    Considering it shows the tag as applied even though it isn't, this seems…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I noticed this morning that my "followed streamers" who are offline now show in random orders, including some who haven't streamed in months, and worse, they're shuffled on-screen every few minutes (but still offline).

This is horribly distracting. Please go back to the most-recently-streamed order.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Discoverability idea! Expanding on gaming categories that sort as how many followers a channel has presently. So, if someone clicks on a category and leads them to a second page that displays the same category, but sorted by followers and displays how many channels are live. This would get rid of the issue of not being able to find smaller streams and find streams that may be viewbotting or follow botting. You can also find channels that are growing over time. One Category page for one game is convenient, but top, mid, and somewhat below viewer streams will be always…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please integrate Starcraft:remastered category into Starcraft category.

They are same game except for image quality.

Starcraft user and starcraft:remastered user can play with each other.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be nice to see a recommended list of people who follow you that are live streaming but you do not follow them. It gets difficult to know who actively streams that follows you. Would be a great way to social network and grow communities.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Twitch supports Autism Awareness using Game On but if we had streamers on the spectrum featured on the front page that might help encourage and empower others with similar experiences and struggles.

Featuring our lovely streamers that are on the spectrum on the front page for Autism Awareness Month or, at the very least, Autism Awareness Day, would pair perfectly with charities and with helping boost those that do have Autism and prove that we love and support our neurodivergent streamers!

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Front Page  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Every year twitch celebrates diversity on the platform with AAPI heritage month, Hispanic heritage month, Black history month, woman's history month, pride month, etc.

I as well as other Arab streamers were really looking forward to celebration of Arabs or Muslims this year because Arab American heritage month lined up almost perfectly with Ramadan this year!

I was really hoping to be able to discover other Arab streamers on the platform in April or have at least one of Muslim's only two holidays (Ramadan or Eid) or Arab's heritage month to be recognized and celebrated on Twitch's front page.

I…

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Front Page  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add a search engine for the categories section, since searching for a little-known game becomes very complicated

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add to favorites, Twitch should have the option to add ''ADD TO FAVORITES'' channels to make it easier for users to watch smaller channels that don't appear at the top of channels! Also to find channels that we don't remember the name...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add a category for mordhau, its on IGDB and fits the twitch criteria

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. New categories for development education etc.
    Categories are constantly becoming flooded and making it harder for new streamers to be found, creating new categories will increase the odds of people being found as well as categories that specify specific professions, not just General Software/game development.
    Currently, Software /GameDevelopment is covering 10,000+ professions, breaking it down by more than just a little bit

Animation
    Modeling & Rigging
    Film Development
    Game Development
    Software Development
    Web Development
    Learn Programming
    Web Programming
    Game Programming
    C++
    C#
    Html/Css
    Java/Javascript
    PHP
    Python
    Other Programming Languages

Some might say this is going too far, but I would…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Currently two (or more) games with the exact same name (usually reboots) share the same category in Twitch. And all the cover art, description, tags are taken from only one of the games. This usually means that the other game(s) effectively completely lacks a page on twitch, despite being a completely different game and having unique gameplay. Can something be done about this?

2,540 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. So far from what I've seen, there are plenty of streamers who really enjoy streaming some type of building/construction of models whether building Gundam's, Lego's, 3D prints, and even car hobbyists. This category is a very well rounded that targets any kind of community that has a love/passion for building, molding, forging, etc. This is a "Call to Action" to all streamers/viewers who share this passion, lets get this voted in so we to can have a voice that can reach those like minded Hobbyists. Join me!!!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?